Burning Crusade Leveling Dumbed Down To Complete Stupidity

My wife and I decided to level a couple of new characters, tank and healer, while waiting for WoD.

Was kind of fun going through the old vanilla zones since I hadn't seen most of the changes before. The vanilla dungeons were easier than before but still felt pretty similar.

Then, last night, we got to the Outlands and everything suddenly turned completely stupid. Mobs die quicker and easier than they did in the level 50-60 zones back in the old world. In the first dungeon, Hellfire Ramparts, the bosses literally dropped dead in less than 10 seconds. The whole instance was much much easier than LBRS which we did the night before.

It feels like somebody at Blizzard just spun a dial too far and reduced all the Burning Crusade mob's armor down to almost nothing. They take massive damage from the most minor of hits.

I understand that content will become easier over time. But when things feel this stupidly easy-mode it sucks any enjoyment out of it. Both my wife and I feel like we don't even want to continue on at this point. If they are going to reduce the challenge to this degree they might as well just remove these levels of content all together.

Right now it looks like, instead of playing on, we'll just unsubscribe and wait to see how WoD looks when it releases. I'd just like to know when this radical change in the difficult was put in place? It seems like we leveled through this stuff a year or so ago and it wasn't like this. Is the content in WotLK equally dumbed down?

It's not that TBC has become easier, it's that 1-60 overpowers you in terms of stats. After Cata we all were just buffed to oblivion in order for easier lvling and such.
    Last edited by Xilurm; 2014-03-07 at 01:22 AM.

What? The only difference I get when I hit BC stuff is that it's a bit more linear, that's about it...

Also I would suggest just going on through it anyway, since it would probably be better just to get used to everything again before diving into a new expansion. Although I'm confused as to any details behind this.

Have you stopped playing for a while, or just haven't leveled in a long time? Because if you have heirlooms, of course it's gonna be easy.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2014-03-07 at 01:20 AM.

Stood in the Fire Steve the Sloth's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My god, anyone else feel like the doomsayer thread creation machine is churning out more than usual today?

10+ Year Old Account
    How is that a bad thing? It lets you blast through that content quicker.

It's easy because leveling is tedious and boring. End game is the real game, and that's where Blizzard wants everyone to be. There's the meat of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Sloth View Post
    My god, anyone else feel like the doomsayer thread creation machine is churning out more than usual today?
    It's all the same complaining with a slightly different coat of paint. I don't know what it is with people who think "easy = insulting my intelligence" when maybe it's just... you know, easy?

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    How is that a bad thing? It lets you blast through that content quicker.
    This. The faster the better when it comes to leveling, always.

Regardless, the reason it's easier now is because BoA gear gives you higher stats than you used to have, and vanilla gives you better gear than it used to.

Still though, wish it was faster. Leveling is hands down the most boring thing in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, i wouldn't mind if the tbc levlin content would be even fast. Would atleast make me level my warrior which I instantly stopped as soon as i reached outlands haha.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

OP, I'm guessing you leveled last in TBC prior to MoP.

They haven't made changes to TBC, but all the class/talent changes for MoP, some tweaking of heirloom gear so there isn't such a big change from one expansion to another, is why Ramps can be plowed through.

Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    OP, I'm guessing you leveled last in TBC prior to MoP.

They haven't made changes to TBC, but all the class/talent changes for MoP, some tweaking of heirloom gear so there isn't such a big change from one expansion to another, is why Ramps can be plowed through.
    Wat. No, really wat. The gear still jumps in stats at 58, 68 and 81. Ramparts would be harder if it didn't.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Sloth View Post
    Yeah seriously, I think there should be a cap to these kinds of threads per week. There are better things to talk about than 'X being stupid and dumbed down for casuals.' Insert neckbeard.jpg.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Some of you are in such a hurry to get your quick one-liner replies in that you are missing the point.

The mobs in the open world as well as the mobs and the bosses in Burning Crusade are significantly easier than they were back in last zones in the vanilla world. Running through Hellfire Ramparts was easier and more face-roll than BRD or LBRS.

Something in Burning Crusade got hosed up when they tweaked the difficulty.

End game may be THE GAME to most people. But there's still 90 levels worth of content that new characters have to work through. It's not unreasonable to expect it to be a little bit challenging and progressive.

New group buffs (arcane brilliance, for example).
    Any lvl 60 group members have the level 60 talent.
    BC gear is a big jump in ilvl.

Yeah, okay, so stuff dies fast in NORMAL dungeons and questing due to the above. Wait until current content, 85-90, and you'll be singing a different tune.

Deleted
    So equip white gear, or really bad greens if you need a challenge in leveling an alt.

See, problem solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming you had BoA gear, the jump from 57 to 58 is a MASSIVE boost. Besides, leveling in general has been dumbed down over and over and over. There's no point to get annoyed, this is what the players wanted apparently.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

afaik mobs weren't tweaked. The ease you're experiencing is the result of class overhauls and rebalance and etc.
    In fact, bosses were tweaked to have more hp, weren't they?

10+ Year Old Account
    There is already a very long and active thread about the difficulty or lack of difficulty in leveling. Please post there.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...rassingly-easy
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."