Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cool What class/spec is #1 for soloing nowadays?

I took a break from playing but have come back and would like a really solid "soloing" character.

What do you guys recommend? Sorry to ask a tired question, but everyone I talk to has a different opinion and I figure this is a good place to get a LOT of opinions all at once.

I was thinking a Blood DK, but open to other suggestions as well.

Thank-you.
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

Personally I would go with blood DK just from experience.

Warriors are good as long as second wind can keep you up.

However blood has the best self- heals pre-35% (which is way too close for comfort on some higher end bosses, also dependent on gear).

I am clueless about druid soloing capabilites, but as for monk it has been decent too as they have quite some selfheals and even WW does well on some soloing fights with their self-healing being so high.

Paladin I just cannot see being there due to their mediocre dps even at 520ilevel.
    Last edited by Lafdet; 2014-03-07 at 03:32 AM.

Thanks for your reply, definitely leaning towards the Blood DK at the moment.

I've also had some suggestions about Warlocks and Hunters.
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

Warlocks got nerfed pretty hard in 5.3 I think.

Blood Dks in dps gear
    Prot Warriors in dps gear and 2 pc tier set that gives you victory rush

Heard a few good things about both, more so warlock due to the self-heals destruction can provide and the mastery stacking surely helps. I might be awful at playing, but I do not see warlock outperforming a decent blood dk in anywhere but bosses with ''broken mechanics'' (Immersus), however someone else might be able to provide more accurate information on that.

Also to me a big thing to consider is the forums, the blood dk soloing has a relatively large player base and thus you can get plenty of help from the ''Blood DK solo thread (insert version here)'' posts by just asking, usually very helpful folks.

Edit: To the poster above me, sure dps gear is best for most: However I would avoid crit. Mastery>haste usually works well, crit for some encounters however this is quite rare from what I have seen. I know some use tanking gear in some harder attempts along with possible stamina gemming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood DK is the best option, followed by hunter. Dks are soloing bosses from THIS expansion already. Hunters can't do that, but they can kill things much faster.

I think Blood DK holds that title. While there are multiple classes/specs that perform really well in a solo environment, Blood DK's always seem to come out on top. And if you think about it, whenever we hear about a ridiculous solo, seems like 9 times out of 10 its a Blood DK doing it first

/my2cents

Thanks all, looks like Blood DK it is.

Didn't know that the idea is to wear DPS gear - so thanks for that, too!

Haste/mastery provide the best survivability along with fallen crusader rune for soloing, so yes most of the time it is dps gear ^^

Hasn't a hunter soloed immerseus? Maybe that was a blood dk, but I thought I heard something about that.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    Hasn't a hunter soloed immerseus? Maybe that was a blood dk, but I thought I heard something about that.
    Wouldn't be surprised given that Warlocks were the first to solo him.

As for the OP it depends on what you plan on soloing. Generally speaking the top three best solo classes are DK, Warlock and Hunter though Warrior, Monk and Paladin aren't bad provided you can get some crazy amounts of Vengeance without dying (why Prot Paladins and Brewmaster Monks could solo Galleon pre-5.4 while Blood DKs couldn't)

Unless you're in some rush to solo I'd just wait until WoD since 100 + heroic dungeon gear will be at least as good as 90 in normal+ T16.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    As for the OP it depends on what you plan on soloing. Generally speaking the top three best solo classes are DK, Warlock and Hunter though Warrior, Monk and Paladin aren't bad provided you can get some crazy amounts of Vengeance without dying (why Prot Paladins and Brewmaster Monks could solo Galleon pre-5.4 while Blood DKs couldn't)
    Putting Warrior next to Monk and Paladin is a bit... odd. Warrior has very little self-healing whereas Monk, Paladin and DK can constantly self-heal. Monk also have far, far higher survivability than Warrior without a healer due to being the reigning king of Avoidance. Bear can as well but is in the boat you escribed "needing lots of vengeance" due to their weirdass FR formula being "tinyassnumber+(2Xagi-2xagi)+AP)."

DKs are still the kings due to that whole "I'll heal 20% (7% minimum) of whatever damage I take constantly because Lich King, baby!"
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Best would be DK, Paladin, and Brewmaster so far for MOP content, Vengeance has allowed them to solo content that most other non-tank classes simply cannot do, since attempting to survive many MOP raid bosses for DPS would lower DPS to the point where you wouldn't make the checks.

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    Was a warlock to do it first at least :3

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    dk.. pally.. lock any are good, you won't have much problem.

depends on what you are soloing though..

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood Death knight.>Hunter>warlock>warrior with second wind=prot paladin>Guardian druid>brew monk imo.

In any case, pretty "obvious" that you want a tank or pet class. While the actual ranks between them might change, I don't see the design concept of tanks and pets being (by far) superior at soloing changing any time soon.

Deleted
    Blood DK and Destro Warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Putting Warrior next to Monk and Paladin is a bit... odd. Warrior has very little self-healing whereas Monk, Paladin and DK can constantly self-heal. Monk also have far, far higher survivability than Warrior without a healer due to being the reigning king of Avoidance. Bear can as well but is in the boat you escribed "needing lots of vengeance" due to their weirdass FR formula being "tinyassnumber+(2Xagi-2xagi)+AP)."

DKs are still the kings due to that whole "I'll heal 20% (7% minimum) of whatever damage I take constantly because Lich King, baby!"
    While Warriors don't have self-healing they have Shield Barrier. Plus with the Riposte changes they do pretty decent damage. However, just like Monks and Paladins, they are reliant on decent amounts of Vengeance for their Shield Barriers to be worth a damn.

Deleted
    Shadow Paladin or Resto Rogue