Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Ok, I saw this thread and I couldn't help but post what I think about the Censer of eternal agony. This tool is placed so poorly that I'm actually surprised by blizzard more than usual, I understand that for some pvp servers this might seem like a godsend when there's just way too much of one faction, but come on seriously? You can only be a dick when farming bloody coins the damn island is like 98 percent pve 2 percent pvp the 2 being just the censer bullshit. This is just another ploy by blizzard trying to get people who are just trying to get gear for pve to pvp. KEEP YOUR DAMN PVP in BG's, like for real if anything they should have made a secondary part of timeless isle where people could world pvp all they want and the people gearing up and collecting wont have to deal with their bullshit. I understand for those on pvp servers that yes its pvp server so why complain about pvp well for one there are some pvp servers that have really good raiding guilds that I for one was planning to get into so yes knowing full well what a pvp server entailed I transfered to one, but I was not prepared for the amount of BS this censer shit was when I got there, naturally I made sure I was horde because this particular sever was like 99% horde and quite the population too, so when I got to timeless I was surprised to find how many assholes were just "pvping", yea some good bullshit there but imo there are too many assholes being censers for me to even care about the few that just kill people once every ten minutes. Oh and sry forgot keep pvp in BG's and in those places that work as arenas for the world pvp ty by.
    Last edited by EvilTim19; 2014-03-07 at 01:36 PM. Reason: missing info

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silversorrow View Post
    I don't mind being killed when I'm farming coins. The last person that killed me I even whispered "gj " I wouldnt expect them to just fall over and not fight back. I just farm in between bg's while workin on my Khan title so even if I die I usually get my qeue pretty soon and by the time I get back out I can farm again. One time after I died I even offered myself to be killed by another person using censer to get them a coin. Since my censer was on cd. I only kill people once for a coin then leave them alone for at least 10 minutes. I don't jump around them when theyr fighting stuff trying to get them to flag accidentally. I will kill rares and if they tab-target and attack my pet then I will kill them but thats their fault for gettin flagged in that case. But I never get angry and talk bad at people that I kill or that kill me.
    Sounds a lot like me

I try to be nice about the censer wherever possible. I am not going to apologise for wanting to farm my 2K coins, but I'm not out to spoil anyone else's fun.

Among the principles I will try to adhere to:
    1) I don't try to trick people into flagging themselves (eg standing on top of rare corpses in the hopes they'll accidentally attacking me while trying to loot).
    2) A good place to find players is when a rare is up, especially the bigger ones like Vazuvious/Genest. But I won't kill the player trying to get to the tag. I'll let them tag the rare before attacking them. Ambushing a player and stopping them from getting in on the rare kill isn't nice.
    3) I try to make sure anyone I attack doesn't have the debuff. It wastes my time and theirs.
    4) I avoid attacking my own faction (horde) unless they attack me first. That being said, accidents have happened :P
    5) If I am not using the censer myself, I tend to allow others to get a free kill on me if I see them with it active. Farming 2K coins is a mammoth task and I reckon helping a brother (or sister) out is just good karma

That being said, some people just don't get it, and I have had more than a few funny stories:

One time I killed an alliance (I play horde) and then turned on a Belf hunter and killed him. I didn't even realise he was horde before I started attacking him - I just saw a flagged player who looked humanish at first glance right next to me who was in combat and reacted. A few minutes later I met a sticky end against a few alliance. What was funny was that there was an alliance player with the censer active nearby, so I walked over to him, put my own pet on passive and waited, to let him get a coin off me. As I died, I got this vitriolic whisper from the horde hunter I had killed 5 minutes earlier telling me "There you go !@#$ now you're dead! HAHAHA".

Anyhow a short while later I reactivated the censer and then I get this fool following me around trying to kill me. So I killed him again and got another coin. But he kept coming. Got kinda annoying. Anyhow I apologised to him for killing him, explaining that I didn't intend to kill my own faction, but that it was one of those heat of the moment things, and that I would be extra careful not to attack him in the future. That seemed to placate him.

Another funny time I killed a low geared gnome. Then I come across him again at Genest. At some point he starts attacking me, but because he is debuffed already I decide to leave him alone. I pull my pet back and try to run away. But he persists. The sad thing is my regeneration from my pet was more than he was hitting me for. So I /shoo emote him (still haven't attacked the guy) then /facepalm, then after about 5 more seconds I realise he isn't going to go away, so I attack and kill him in about 5 seconds flat. There simply is no helping some people...

Quote Originally Posted by Silversorrow View Post
    BTW does anyone else have the problem where they can't see the 10 min debuff on people sometimes? I have killed people occasionally and they whisper me "why did u kill me I had the debuff" and I looked for it before I attacked and didnt see it at all. I always say to them "I'm sorry but I looked and didn't see the debuff".
    Yup, had that problem a few times. At first I just thought it odd that I didn't get coins sometimes. Then once I attacked a fellow horde and he told me off for attacking him with the debuff. I apologised and told him I honestly couldn't see the debuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard fixed it so groups of Censer users cannot get Bloody Coins.

They have to be on their own to get them.

Not sure how it affects griefing (ie just slaughtering people for fun, regardless of coins).

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Faustus View Post
    Blizzard fixed it so groups of Censer users cannot get Bloody Coins.

They have to be on their own to get them.

Not sure how it affects griefing (ie just slaughtering people for fun, regardless of coins).
    I don't understand what you mean by this, Fixed what? If a group of censor users attacked you, they never got coins anyway, only the one with the KB did, Or do you think that if you're in a group you can no longer be granted coins?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    People need to quit having this stubborn attitude. No amount of gear can deal with 5+ grouped people running around the isle killing everyone they can. You can form a resistance but they still won't go away. Your group might kill them but your group isn't going to actively fend them off. The problem is that it is a constant nuisance. Especially when it comes to the graveyard campers.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, buffs/gear mean nothing. Are you telling me you 1v5 people every time they attack?

- - - Updated - - -

Which means absolutely nothing in the way it is being used. PvP has other connotations.

- - - Updated - - -

You're missing the point. Censer turns potential allies into potential enemies. It goes from 50% of the people around you being hostile to possibly 100%. Which is just a deathmatch.
    No amount of gear or buffs would help you against 5 alliance attacking you either would it? 50%? Lmfao there is what 2-3 out of ALL the realms that are pvp that have even a semblance of balance amongst the amount of alliance and horde, no most pvp realms are completely dominated by 1 side and no most people will help kill censers many people will help you team up against a team, not to mention the majority of censer users go alone. PvP is player vs player world pvp is not going to be the same as your safe arenas and BGs world pvp will ALWAYS be unfair at points specifically because that is how it will work with no system balancing it.

People here complain about the censer in general not the imbalance of world pvp, why? Because they get killed by someone better geared/skilled/luckier than them and they can't stand that. This is world pvp it will never be balanced, tol barad and wintergrasp were not world pvp, Tarren mill and south shore were, Isle of Queldanas was. Now Timeless is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    And you've yet again avoided providing a reason why you don't just buy a censer for yourself.
    Why on earth would I do something that I despise to other people?

That and I quit. As I said before. I was trying to put out some constructive criticism but it seems like some people won't even listen to another viewpoint.
    Last edited by Gray_Matter; 2014-03-08 at 03:28 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Why on earth would I do something that I despise to other people?

That and I quit. As I said before. I was trying to put out some constructive criticism but it seems like some people won't even listen to another viewpoint.
    Why wouldn't you ?
    It would save you from censer users, and most of the peoples if not the totality of the people not using the censer never attack anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilTim19 View Post
    Ok, I saw this thread and I couldn't help but post what I think about the Censer of eternal agony. This tool is placed so poorly that I'm actually surprised by blizzard more than usual, I understand that for some pvp servers this might seem like a godsend when there's just way too much of one faction, but come on seriously? You can only be a dick when farming bloody coins the damn island is like 98 percent pve 2 percent pvp the 2 being just the censer bullshit. This is just another ploy by blizzard trying to get people who are just trying to get gear for pve to pvp. KEEP YOUR DAMN PVP in BG's, like for real if anything they should have made a secondary part of timeless isle where people could world pvp all they want and the people gearing up and collecting wont have to deal with their bullshit. I understand for those on pvp servers that yes its pvp server so why complain about pvp well for one there are some pvp servers that have really good raiding guilds that I for one was planning to get into so yes knowing full well what a pvp server entailed I transfered to one, but I was not prepared for the amount of BS this censer shit was when I got there, naturally I made sure I was horde because this particular sever was like 99% horde and quite the population too, so when I got to timeless I was surprised to find how many assholes were just "pvping", yea some good bullshit there but imo there are too many assholes being censers for me to even care about the few that just kill people once every ten minutes. Oh and sry forgot keep pvp in BG's and in those places that work as arenas for the world pvp ty by.

It's not the isle which is 98% PvE but the players. Plus, the whole fun of censer and world PvP is actually to kill people, not to search out loyal fight, on world PvP you don't want to prove your skills, you want your opponent to die, adding a PvP isle would obviously end up as a kind of shitty battleground where world PvP wouldn't be that "world". It would just turn out to be one of thoses soul-less honor farming zones such as Wintergrasp or Tol'Barad.
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2014-03-08 at 04:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    It's not the isle which is 98% PvE but the players. Plus, the whole fun of censer and world PvP is actually to kill people, not to search out loyal fight, on world PvP you don't want to prove your skills, you want your opponent to die, adding a PvP isle would obviously end up as a kind of shitty battleground where world PvP wouldn't be that "world". It would just turn out to be one of thoses soul-less honor farming zones such as Wintergrasp or Tol'Barad.
    Well, that pretty much confirms my very low opinion on grievers and their motivation.
    - Competition/challenge is not that fun
    - Causing frustration and anger in players is fun

"We don't want to PVP, and we want other players that don't want to PVP to die".

You know, this isn't a legitimate gaming style. You and your kind is a cancer on the game. I was kinda cheering about CRZ because my old realm is in a such a shitty state, but now when I'm leveling in Hellfire Peninsula....and holy mother of fuck is it bad. How bored can you be when you're hanging around Thrallmar with your 90 sniping lowlevels? And these people are proud of being dicks too, what a shame...
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    Everyones so mad. Why are you on Timeless Isle other than Celestials?

- BoA Items can be acquired on any character, including your 570 main
    - Celestials and hearth, hard game yo
    - You can get zoned to a lower realm so very easily. There's groups for this type of shit ALL THE TIME on OpenRaid.

This is still closer to World PvP that a random level 90 one shotting a level 58 outside the Dark Portal for six hours lolol.

10+ Year Old Account
    That Censer thingy sure made me happy to be on a PvE server.
    Only killed a few people that were using it. Kinda mean if they aren't raidgeared, I know, but when I see a helpless flagged Roge, I just can't resist.

4 years of Rogues raping my poor Priestess on my old PvP realm demand retribution!

But my Raidlead had A LOT of fun with that thing. ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Well, that pretty much confirms my very low opinion on grievers and their motivation.
    - Competition/challenge is not that fun
    - Causing frustration and anger in players is fun

"We don't want to PVP, and we want other players that don't want to PVP to die".

You know, this isn't a legitimate gaming style. You and your kind is a cancer on the game. I was kinda cheering about CRZ because my old realm is in a such a shitty state, but now when I'm leveling in Hellfire Peninsula....and holy mother of fuck is it bad. How bored can you be when you're hanging around Thrallmar with your 90 sniping lowlevels? And these people are proud of being dicks too, what a shame...
    Competition and challenge is fun but there's arena for this. There's no competition nor challenge to find on world PvP as 99% of the players only plays on PvE and have no idea of what to do against a player.
    Yes, causing frustration and anger in players is fun, definitely.

If you want to PvP, you might just go on arena, of course you don't go out there and kill random people for the challenge. (even though it remains a form of PvP)
    We're not the "cancer of the game", and players camping on Hellfire (because, i'm personally not a greykiller, killing 90 is funnier because they can't accept that I beat them, so they rage even more) are not aswell, we and they are just playing the game as it's meant to be played. And honestly, i'm rarely having problems on my alts, even on Hellfire Peninsula.