Sideaffects of the new healing changes...

"Eternal Flame and Word of Glory now each have a 1.5-second cast time when specced Holy."

"Prayer of Mending now has a 1.5-second cast time."

Are we done shafting Shadow PvP survivability yet?

title edit: Side effect*

oh wait, I'm stupid. I get what you meant now:

No, I don't think it's going to shaft shadow pvp survivability. There're more spells than PoM. We have the shield for example. Not to mention Dispersion. Oh, and Devouring Plague.

Besides, Prot with a cast time on EF and WoG... not a good idea. As for retribution. You need to use HoPo for those which means lots of downtime until you can deal nice damage again, unlike a spriest that keep his/her orbs or deals damage _and_ healing when using DP.
    Last edited by Voidism; 2014-03-08 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jrockviggy View Post
    "Eternal Flame and Word of Glory now each have a 1.5-second cast time when specced Holy."

"Prayer of Mending now has a 1.5-second cast time."

Are we done shafting Shadow PvP survivability yet?

title edit: Side effect*
    Addressed in a blue post:
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...t-time-in-wod/

It's remaining instant for Shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Addressed in a blue post:
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...t-time-in-wod/

It's remaining instant for Shadow.
    That's for the T90 spells, not PoM.

That said, wont the T90 spells be damage only, or did I dream that? That's more significant than cast time PoM would've been.
    Last edited by Voidism; 2014-03-08 at 06:55 AM.

Uh, those first two are for Holy Paladins. I don't see how those sideaffects touch Shadow at all.

Prayer of Mending having a cast time, and Halo/Divine Star/Cascade no longer healing for Shadow, those affect Shadow's survivability. >.> Devouring Plague's healing is staying the same, so it's really to see what comes from changes (if any) to Vampiric Embrace etc etc etc

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maythael View Post
    Oh, there you go.

That said, wont the T90 spells be damage only, or did I dream that? That's more significant than cast time PoM would've been.
    Prayer of Mending may or may not remain instant for Shadow. That's not addressed, but yes t90 spells are isolated between healing and damage per spec.

Shafting Shadow's "you're still a healer" utility, hoopefully in the tiny idea we might get actual damage from it? idfk
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Uh, those first two are for Holy Paladins. I don't see how those sideaffects touch Shadow at all.
    Yeah, I thought so too first but then I realized that (s)he meant that the Paladin is supposedly not being "nerfed" in retri/prot and only (pala)holy while shadow gets the cast time like disc/(priest)holy too.

- - - Updated - - -

Shafting Shadow's "you're still a healer" utility, hoopefully in the tiny idea we might get actual damage from it? idfk
    I said so too in another thread. I hope we'll be considered "true" damage dealers. :L

A bit odd that some classes are 'allowed' both great utility and damage dealing capability. Shammies for example. But I wont say this out loud because derailing thread and whining :3

Fair. Renew still exists, Shield still exists, so I see these as alternatives. Flash Heal is still available to drop form for Shadow, right? Again though, Shadow being a damage dealer, not a shitty healer that also does damage, would be better to be taken like this. Come on, we're not in TBC anymore, half of our class' role shouldn't be balanced around the idea of hybrid (at this current state of the game, because in general I'm a huge fan of support specs as a whole, so long as classes are given options to spec into/out of them for other viable specs)
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

For those who've missed it, it was also confirmed that Cascade, Divine Star and Halo will no longer heal in Shadow Spec. As someone who was gearing up a Shadow Priest specifically to have hybrid abilities in a guild that already runs Shamans and Boomkin, this is a bit soul crushing. Assuming they even manage to do fairly good damage next expansion, with Mages likely out-DPSing them anyway, is there anything left in Shadow to dissuade looking elsewhere for ranged DPS?
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2014-03-08 at 08:22 AM.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

I'm a huge fan of support specs as a whole, so long as classes are given options to spec into/out of them for other viable specs)
    /agree. Or even if not able to opt out, make the tradeoff worthy. That's the problem with MoP's shadow. We are a mediocre dps spec with mediocre off-healing and excessively circumstantial utility. It's just not worth bringing a spriest just to mass-dispel on the 11th heroic boss when your life would be much easier with another destro lock burning through all bosses.