Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I almost agree with op, except that the only problem is rogues because they can gank you and they never ever die. they just vanish and burst of speed away. every other class I can kill because they can't escape, but rogues are just painful in world pvp.

Most censers don't fuck with me because I'm on heroic gear and normally have 1m hp + all the buffs when i'm on the island so it doesn't affect me that much

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Unfortunately. The addition of flying mounts at Cata launch also started a rapid decline on PvP servers. Most of the servers that are low population and at risk of dying are PvP servers now. Players have, over the years, rolled exclusively on PvE servers, transferred to PvE servers, or transfer to a few high pop/full PvP servers that are 99% one faction. Meanwhile, most PvE servers have still maintained at least a medium population even with the amount of realm transferring to servers like Stormrage.
    This paragraph makes it sound, to me, like you don't know a single thing about realm populations or population trends in WoW.

By the way, do you play WoW?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    If nobody's going to come help you that's your problem.

Get into a guild that actually gives a crap instead of some random leveling junkie guild or one of those oddball guilds that hate PvP yet play on a PvP realm.
    I have literally never had a problem even in social guilds while leveling to have somebody come out and help; And this includes on a PvE realm where I got accidentally flagged.
    As I said: They will (and did) help occasionally. But they won't stand watch and guard you. So unless you're a strong 1:1 class, you will run into constant trouble.
    If that is your definition of fun, more power to you. It certainly isn't mine.

There are restrictions..... It's called a PVE server.
    They do not want restrictions on PvP servers. I thought that one was clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Censer is the dumbest thing added to WoW in a LONG time. They better never do anything like this again. Timeless Isle might of been fun without it, now it's just a craphole.
    This thread has bias.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    What do you like about PvP servers?
    The ability to kill enemy faction players. It's World of Warcraft anyways.

It's never been that bad for me. Sure, there's occasional ganking, but it's more random encounters than organized douche baggery. All in all, WPVP is fine as it is atm. Places like Ahran are a good idea, but elsewhere WPVP shouldn't be encouraged.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately. The addition of flying mounts at Cata launch also started a rapid decline on PvP servers. Most of the servers that are low population and at risk of dying are PvP servers now. Players have, over the years, rolled exclusively on PvE servers, transferred to PvE servers, or transfer to a few high pop/full PvP servers that are 99% one faction. Meanwhile, most PvE servers have still maintained at least a medium population even with the amount of realm transferring to servers like Stormrage.

We haven't had actual world PvP in years. Blizzard put in so many convenience systems that ended up aiding griefers and made it significantly easier to evade counterattacks. In the old days, if you ganked someone, you had to escape on foot and thus could be intercepted and killed. Now, you just immediately jump on your flying mount and hover 1000000 feet in the air until the opposition leaves. World PvP has been effectively replaced by sheer cowardice and outright zone disruption.

Even on Timeless Isle, you just have 5 man Rogue parties that one shot people then go stealth again and wait for the next person. They don't want to PvP.

This is one of the reasons why Blizzard had to make the PvP ilvl adjustments that they did since it became disruptive with people doing that crap at instance summoning stones and such.
    But flying mounts are used similarly to avoid World PvP in the first place. That's just how it is; people join PvP realms through a perception that they have a "better" playerbase which in turn offers them greater chance of success since the game revolves around group play. But they still all join the same faction in order to be 'safe' from PvP out in the world. That's why 'ganking' is a dirty word, and there's such a grey area between that and griefing.

Deleted

We haven't had actual world PvP in years. Blizzard put in so many convenience systems that ended up aiding griefers and made it significantly easier to evade counterattacks. In the old days, if you ganked someone, you had to escape on foot and thus could be intercepted and killed. Now, you just immediately jump on your flying mount and hover 1000000 feet in the air until the opposition leaves. World PvP has been effectively replaced by sheer cowardice and outright zone disruption.

Even on Timeless Isle, you just have 5 man Rogue parties that one shot people then go stealth again and wait for the next person. They don't want to PvP.

This is one of the reasons why Blizzard had to make the PvP ilvl adjustments that they did since it became disruptive with people doing that crap at instance summoning stones and such.
    The addition of flying mounts in general are a problem. I was in valley the other day. Ally druid swoops down, kills a lowbie lvling and insta flight form again. Its not much different with others on a 1.5s cast for flying mount.
    I have the same annoyance with rogues vanish. Il gank you.. oh shit wait im failing lol hudur bye bye..

One big issue i have found lately is people just dont seem interested. even on a pvp server. i literally walked into SW the other day and was fighitng with the guards because i was bored. All alliance toons just going past me and watching.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    But flying mounts are used similarly to avoid World PvP in the first place. That's just how it is; people join PvP realms through a perception that they have a "better" playerbase which in turn offers them greater chance of success since the game revolves around group play. But they still all join the same faction in order to be 'safe' from PvP out in the world. That's why 'ganking' is a dirty word, and there's such a grey area between that and griefing.
    Thes blizz fail for taking off faction caps. If they put them back they can fix so many of the server imbalances that are out there atm

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    To those that defend the no flying stance...they are expanding the TI model all over the Draenor continent Enjoy!
    I might not enjoy "no fly fandom" but I will definitely enjoy ganking the shit out of them! Hah!

"No fly criers" getting exactly what they bargained for "back to the roots of vanilla pvp" is always a satisfying sight.

- - - Updated - - -

How people don't see graveyard camping as a problem, I have no idea.
    Maybe if the world weren't "no fly fandom" you'd have an easier time getting away, but oh! Whatever, you reap what you sow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    I might not enjoy "no fly fandom" but I will definitely enjoy ganking the shit out of them! Hah!

"No fly criers" getting exactly what they bargained for "back to the roots of vanilla pvp" is always a satisfying sight.
    Dems be fighting words! Il see you on the battlefield :P Just dont cry when i stick a totem up your corpse butt :P

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    They do not want restrictions on PvP servers. I thought that one was clear.
    Where did I say they wanted restrictions on a pvp server? I'm saying if players want restrictions on pvp there are pve servers that have restrictions on it.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    Thes blizz fail for taking off faction caps. If they put them back they can fix so many of the server imbalances that are out there atm
    No, it's because it's inherently unbalanced and unfair if not because of 'numbers' per side, but because of gear, because some specs are hopeless in PvP - particularly 1v1 - while others are substantially inherently stronger, or worse 'safer' by design. Why else all the complaints about Rogues, specifically, because they can so easily sneak in and if necessary flee?

Faction capping would just mean a sever is dead on both factions instead of one. And there are plenty of examples of PvP servers that are just that.

Back when I played on a PvP server(From classic to start of Cata), I once got ganked and camped while lvl'ing in WPL, he killed me maybe 2-3 times. I camped him for one hour after getting on my main. It was great.

Haveing been on a PvE server for the last years, I miss that stuff sometimes.

Fact of the matter is, dont like beeing killed, ganked, camped or whatever, you should not have made a toon on a PvP server. The rules have been the same for almost 10 years on PvP servers, just because you dont like it, does not mean the rules will change. It is 100% your fault for choosing to play on a PvP server in the first place. Reroll PvE or stfu.

Time to dust this old Vanilla quote off:

Pvp happened on a Pvp server.

Yes world pvp is often unfair, but them's the breaks. If you want structured and balanced pvp (sort of?), that's what bgs and arenas are for.

I was pvp until early LK then server transferred to PvE, just because I enjoyed relaxing and staring at the scenery so much that the excitement of being on edge all the time wasn't worth the trade off.

That being said some of my most fun times came from pvp world encounters:

(Vanilla) in Hillsbrad a priest mcs me and proceeds to melee my pet to death. I emote /beg and /mourn as my pet slowly gets poked to death by my stat stick. Priest / laughs and leaves me alive.

(BC) At 53 I slowly kited and killed a dumb 60something rogue who tried to surprise me. Best part was I was drunk ingame, so my screen was a blurry mess of jump-kiting a threatening blob.

(BC) In my 30s I killed a resto/feral Druid pair who tried to gank me in stv, both around the same level. Feral guy kittied me, forgot about Scare Beast, ran around feared while I downed the resto, then I kited
    And finished the kitty off and proceeded to camp them. They never spawned back at their bodies.

(Cata) I'm in stv leveling a Druid and get one shotted by a high level on a flying mount. As I sit there in ghost form, I watch HIM proceed to get one shotted by a higher level also on a flyer. It's the ciiiircle of life.

Yes there's lots of camping but that's what world pvp is. If you don't like it, reroll like I did. Another option is to use OQ to get onto a PvE server just to knock out your Timeless stuff, then hide in instances.

Alot of good memories about Wpvp came from Vanilla until Wrath
    Since Cata, it's not even PvP, it's broken and saying This is a PvP server this is what you get, I have no problem with that, but a few people unsubs because of that.
    And now let the people whine about how their server is dead

I find it really silly when people consider "corpse camping" to be world pvp.
    Corpse camping is the most boring uneventful and just god-awful form of PvP in WoW.

Corpse campers have never seen the good old fights of vanilla southshore and crossroads... that was PROPER world pvp, and not the 5vs1 gibberish corpse-camp people are so fond of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I find it really silly when people consider "corpse camping" to be world pvp.
    Corpse camping is the most boring uneventful and just god-awful form of PvP in WoW.

Corpse campers have never seen the good old fights of vanilla southshore and crossroads... that was PROPER world pvp, and not the 5vs1 gibberish corpse-camp people are so fond of these days.
    bla bla bla PvP server bla bla red is dead bla bla

Infracted, post constructively.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-03-10 at 01:10 AM.

Deleted
    The only fun and fair world PVP i had was on pre-nerf Verlok Stand. The place with trillions of instant respawning troggs. 10k gold per hour farmplace.
    PVPing there was fun and made sense. If you win, you had the farm spot. Until stronger guy came in and killed you.

Deleted
    bla bla bla PvP server bla bla red is dead bla bla
    http://dafunion.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/pilot.jpg
    That is how I image people who reply with that. (yes a link to a picture, click it!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I'm starting to question if you even played back then because it was just as common, if not more common, than it is now...

Also, if you have an issue with it, bring it up with Blizzard as they're the ones who see it as a legitimate PvP tactic.