Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    You might. I sure as hell wouldn't. I will never ever miss anything that is such an inefficient waste of time.
    Trust me, I was surprised I missed it too...I'm still pissed about HGWT being gone from WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranker View Post
    If you don't know what you're talking about its best to be mum. In Mists all you had to do was reach level cap. In WOD you have to reach cap and do a long quest and wait 2-4 months for the patch. And firelands is more like timeless isle. It is a zone. One zone not an entire expac for months on end. Again if you don't know what you're talking about best to zip it.
    Could you fly in Isle of Thunder? Can you fly in Timeless Isle? Could you fly in FirelandsTell me? It doesn't matter if its a zone, its CURRENT content. If YOU don't know what you're talking about dont reply. The current content will occur in Draenor while the patch will occur in Farahlon, they won't let you fly there and will let you fly in Draenor's past content. You're the one that has no idea what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuuki View Post
    The reason is legitimate. To give a more general description, accessibility in World of Warcraft wont incentivize people to go out. If you want people to go out in the world, there needs to be a reason, regardless of how easy travelling is. More accessibility in this context only means that the more accessibility there is, the lesser of significance reasons have to be to go out in the world. However, there still needs to be A reason.

Sadly, accessibility is not an almighty tool. It can remove some dispense of belief (aka immersion) if it is not explained well. Have Group Will Travel was one of those tools. But that will of course (as you pointed out) increase the bar at which people will go out in the world.

So ... you agree with me, I think? Of course there should be incentive to travel around, the more, the better. That's why I and always have been a HUGE supporter of transmog, and I support pet battles and archeology, and I wish every old dungeon dropped pets and mounts. And I wish there were dynamic events in each zone, even the "old" ones. (I'm a GW2 player.)

Some people need little incentive to go out (like me), others could never be incentivised to do anything other than raiding / LFG / BG's, at all, ever.

So why take away tools that make travelling easier (and in some cases, possible in the first place) for people who love travelling?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuuki View Post
    There is only one reason people didn't leave the cities in Cataclysm; because there was [hyperbole] nothing to do, not because travelling could be circumvented by some spell.

Yeah, but that had always been in the same. Most people just aren't keen on traveling and exploring. However, Cata was especially bad because everyone was literally in two cities, Sw and Org. Before, people were at least split up between most other capital cities. I know that I was. I had always been in Silvermoon with my Belves, in Thunderbluff with my Tauren, in Darnassus with my Nelves, etc. In Cata, it was a huge pain in the ass to be in any other capital than Sw or Org, and that really was one of my major gripes about the expansion.
    Last edited by Awbee; 2014-03-09 at 02:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's the thing. The central tenet of gaming is making correct decisions - those which advance your position in the game towards the goal provided by the developers. Thus gamers, when given a choice between an efficient option and an inefficient option, will almost always take the efficient option.

To suggest that people just not use flying mounts if they don't like them goes against this core tenet. It goes against the purpose of playing the game (the purpose is to reach the goal, while the outcome is having fun while doing so). One may as well suggest that these people not play the game at all.

Secondarily, whether you like/realize it or not, the game is more fun when there is more danger, when unexpected things happen, and when more decisions have to be made. Right now, I use my flying mount to get from point A to point B. It doesn't matter how far or close it is. If I can get there faster than I could on foot, I use my flying mount. Once i am on my flying mount, I am no longer making decisions, and I am no longer encountering events. This takes away from the game's immersion and experience. It makes it less fun. If I were to use a ground mount, I need to watch where I'm going, and there's a possibility of being attacked and what not; that is, I am now engaged with the game, whereas on my netherdrake, I simply press numlock and then alt-tab to reddit.

Ground mounts simply provide a more interesting experience. It's a logical truth. There is no argument against this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Could you fly in Isle of Thunder? Can you fly in Timeless Isle? Could you fly in FirelandsTell me? It doesn't matter if its a zone, its CURRENT content. If YOU don't know what you're talking about dont reply. The current content will occur in Draenor while the patch will occur in Farahlon, they won't let you fly there and will let you fly in Draenor's past content. You're the one that has no idea what you're talking about.
    Again zones bud. Not entire expac bud. Also Firelands is not current, I'd even say Isle of thunder aint all that current considering I never see anyone there. But you keep talking about zones, I'll keep talking about expacs. I can see you're a waste of time. Have a good one buddy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmm. If they do something to our flying mounts so that they don't rot away for 1-2 years i don't see a problem.
    Druid since Feb. 06

They think because timeless isle and isle of thunder went good "hey those had no flying what if we disable flying for a whole expansion?" Its a retarded idea if they thought flying was bad they should have done something in wrath not 6 years later... Flying have been part of the game longer than its not been this is a terrible idea.

They are hemorrhaging subs every expansion and this is their latest idea on how to get more players.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    He talked specifically about how he loves to explore and walks all over in Skyrim. Great, you can ride pretty much everywhere in WoW *NOW* if you like doing that. If he's saying he likes exploring by riding but doesn't do it when he can and instead flies and THEN advocates for removing flying... that's hypocrisy. His better solution (and perhaps yours) is one that you can use now. So use it.

So you're a hypocrite too. You want love ground mounts... but fly. You want the danger that comes with riding... but you fly.

There's a phrase that's relevant here: Put up or shut up.

All the people who claim "you can use ground mounts only now" are using a ridiculous argument. Why would someone purposely set themselves behind in gathering just because they feel flying is a dumb thing. They shouldn't and won't and they're still allowed to agree with the devs to remove flying as such. That's like saying if they remove flying that someone should go on foot all game because they don't like mounts. Ridiculously silly argument and makes the pro flying people look dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranker View Post
    Again zones bud. Not entire expac bud. Also Firelands is not current, I'd even say Isle of thunder aint all that current considering I never see anyone there. But you keep talking about zones, I'll keep talking about expacs. I can see you're a waste of time. Have a good one buddy.
    You're pretty clueless, but indeed, good night. And I'm not your ''buddy''.

Blizzard's original argument for no flying for a patch was to see the world, instead of flying over it. However, that reasoning is gone with the entire xpac in mind.

Once again, with flying everyone is happy. But without flying many people are frustrated and nobody else is any the happier. Don't like flying? Use a ground mount.

People will just use flight paths anyway, and flying allows a unique view of the landscape and can be very fun. I highly doubt blizzard will have flying removed for the etire xpac, it's just not a smart decision. The reasoning they use for the first patch wouldn't apply to the entire xpac after all. No real reason for such a thing, but of course so many people are for it just out of spite against people who actually like flying for some unknown reason.

Ya it reduces world PvP, but when people are flying they are usually only doing two things: traveling and being AFK. If there is no flying then people will just take paths, and AFK players dying is not fun and engaging gameplay for anybody.

Once again, no reason to do no flying the entire xpac. If you really want no flying at all, you are either an opportunistic ganker (something this game could use a LOT less of) or you yourself can't come up with a valid reason.

Yes, there will be flying after the first patch. That's what blizzard has already said. If it you don't like it, then use a ground mount and stop shaking your fists at the clouds.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Also if they want people out in the world, Stop making everything in one damn city, stop making everything a queue so you sit in said city. I'm sorry they use the whole *we want people into the world* as an excuse. If they really wanted people out there in the world they would give them real legit reasons. Not just take flying away and say see what we did. IMHO, all this arguing is for not, Blizz will do what they want, Players who quit will quit. Players who stay will stay. Life will go on with or without WoW (and as of now for me it will be without). To each there own.

Could you fly in Isle of Thunder? Can you fly in Timeless Isle? Could you fly in FirelandsTell me?

To be honest, I really don't like any of those areas because we can't fly there. I'm also not so keen on going back there after the expansion is over to do achievements. Whenever there's a beautiful area that you can't fly in, it's just so heartbreaking and sort of annoying. I will also eternally bemoan the fact that I can't fly in Eversong Woods, Ghostlands, Azuremyst Isle and Bloodmyst Isle. I will keep on begging and praying for it until the day I quit playing WoW. :/

Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    To be fair, I'm going flightpath -> afk a lot more lately, simply because of the sheer boredom that is flying yourself. But yes, if they really think about that they better make all mounts usable in non-flight zones, and maybe add nicer ground riding animations for some of them.
    As far as gameplay, I have no problem with them removing flying for the entire expansion in the new lands.

The only problem I have is that so many rewards, and even cash-shop mounts really look terrible as ground-mounts. Blizzard will be invalidating a lot of their previous reward system. But to be honest, I think he is just using NRA type tactics. I don´t think they really want to remove flying for the entire expansion.. but if they mention they are considering it, it makes it easier for many players to accept ´no flying until 6.1 patch´as a compromise
    Last edited by Azrile; 2014-03-09 at 02:38 AM.

You're pretty clueless, but indeed, good night. And I'm not your ''buddy''.
    The clueless calling others clueless...... Ironic. And that's ok, Who needs buddy's like you anyhow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    Blizzard's original argument for no flying for a patch was to see the world, instead of flying over it. However, that reasoning is gone with the entire xpac in mind.

Once again, with flying everyone is happy. But without flying many people are frustrated and nobody else is any the happier. Don't like flying? Use a ground mount.

People will just use flight paths anyway, and flying allows a unique view of the landscape and can be very fun. I highly doubt blizzard will have flying removed for the etire xpac, it's just not a smart decision. The reasoning they use for the first patch wouldn't apply to the entire xpac after all. No real reason for such a thing, but of course so many people are for it just out of spite against people who actually like flying for some unknown reason.

Ya it reduces world PvP, but when people are flying they are usually only doing two things: traveling and being AFK. If there is no flying then people will just take paths, and AFK players dying is not fun and engaging gameplay for anybody.

Once again, no reason to do no flying the entire xpac. If you really want no flying at all, you are either an opportunistic ganker (something this game could use a LOT less of) or you yourself can't come up with a valid reason.

Yes, there will be flying after the first patch. That's what blizzard has already said. If it you don't like it, then use a ground mount and stop shaking your fists at the clouds.
    Bad arguments. I can tell you why but I'm sure you're not interested, If you are, see my post 7 above yours.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    All the people who claim "you can use ground mounts only now" are using a ridiculous argument. Why would someone purposely set themselves behind in gathering just because they feel flying is a dumb thing. They shouldn't and won't and they're still allowed to agree with the devs to remove flying as such. That's like saying if they remove flying that someone should go on foot all game because they don't like mounts. Ridiculously silly argument and makes the pro flying people look dumb.
    If you fly at all, you are admitting that it is useful. If you despise it so much, don't use it. But make a decision one way or another. Complaining about the existence of flying and then using flying when you can use it is hypocritical, even if using a ground mount would be setting yourself back.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    So others must be forced to use ground mounts because you aren't willing to take a tiny bit of effort. "I don't enjoy flying mounts, others must now suffer because I am unwilling to inconvenience myself to do something I enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's one of the best things they could do for WoW but I doubt if this will happen. Too many whiners.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    If you fly at all, you are admitting that it is useful. If you despise it so much, don't use it. But make a decision one way or another. Complaining about the existence of flying and then using flying when you can use it is hypocritical, even if using a ground mount would be setting yourself back.
    It's not hypocritical. One is obliged to be efficient.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    If you wanted to explore Europe would a choose a plane or something on ground?
    if i wanted to explore? id use a car, which i would do while questing. the first time. after that, its not exploring anymore, its daily routines. i will take a plane because the exploring part is over, now its time to commute back and forth between work points. i want to get from country to country quickly so that i have more time to do my work and less time traveling around pointlessly.

i could accept having to quest to lvl 100 without a flying mount, but after that.. the journey is over, i need to get my chores done, so that i can enjoy other aspects of the game. restricting flying for entire patches worth of time just makes the daily slog unbearable. which will greatly reduce the amount of time i have to par take in other aspects of the game.

make it unfun for me to play and i stop paying.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2014-03-09 at 02:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.