Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    SWTOR's expansion was $10, how can they justify this price?
    Because SWTOR is shit and WoW isn't?
    ---Veritas Aequitas:Truth is Justice---

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowset View Post
    The really scary thing is that they took a big chunk of the Titan staff to work on WoW. It's taking them that long with all these guys working on it. It's pretty clear at this point that simple laziness has set in at Blizzard. Apparently they don't fire anyone for slacking off, so people working there just kind of take it easy. Or so it seems.

December 20th? Seriously?
    You're so clueless.

Extra 10 bucks I think for the digital version this time? Not bad, but I do think it's a bit of a hike.

That said, yeah, not worrying about the 'on or before' date. They listed that just as sort of the last-ditch 'HQ melted, devs have plague, we're being attacked by armies of rabid badgers, but it WILL be out!' date. They'll get it out late June-July I feel, assuming no actual disasters. (I'm pretty convinced of this since I think the higher-ups at Activision-while they don't really get involved in the development, I DO think they'd get involved in the shipping-will start to and lean the hell on them if it seems like it'll take them another damn year to shove something out the door and tell them to ship it the hell out the door, NOW. Can't say I'd be sad to see that, I think Blizzard might need a push this time to get something out on a sensible timeframe. They'll already be kinda late in June-July, just not disappointingly so.)

Deleted
    Hahahahaha oh god, just when you tought it couldnt get any worse.

An increase in price compared to previous expansions
    Estimated release date 20 December (yes MAYBE sooner but beta hasnt even started yet and beta takes months)

Oh come on, this expansion was a pile of garbage since they announced it at Blizzcon. Barely any really exciting new feautures, no new races or classes, story that makes no fucking sense whatsover thats just trying to milk the succes of Warcraft III. Oh wait, new models, whoop-dee-fucking-doo.

But on the bright side, we might be finally breaking the ICC season record with SoO? /facepalm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelynath View Post
    Because SWTOR is shit and WoW isn't?
    Opinion =! Fact

Deleted
    More content, more often.

I wish I could post trollface meme without getting infracted!

Deleted
    EU price is 60€ for Digital Deluxe which is normal. Thanks Blizzard!

12/20/14 what a disappointment. It will take that long for new content.

Well, I guess I'll have no problem paying extra for it with the 6 months of subscription fees I'll be saving.

I stuck around in ICC. I even stuck around in DS because of the annual pass. Not this time, thanks.

So that survey asking if we'd pay $10 extra for the expansion to get the "free" 90 was accurate. People said it was promised to us for free at Blizzcon and no way they would charge us an extra $10 for it. Where are those people now?

Deleted
    20 December.......loooool yeah gl with that, I hope for Blizzards sake they stick to the 'or before' part.

Can we get a real release date? There's no way i'm going to keep subbing for more than 2 more months with no new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Placeholder date or they're screwed.

£35 for UK too, that's £5 more, cashing in while they can? Pass.
    Last edited by scvd; 2014-03-10 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smegmage View Post
    Since when do the features a game has gained/lost dictate the price? Game prices have been pretty stable for years, thinking that a game should be cheaper because it lost a particular feature you enjoy tells me you're incapable of rational criticism and you should go and sit in the corner.
    Hard to say that with a straight face in a F2P world.

It's odd we pay for expansions anyway, since we already pay 150 bucks a year. But 50 for an expansion? !??!

Deleted
    I also wonder why there are no post about the preorders going live. Will there be one? Maybe the price and the release timeframe will be adressed in it.

Deleted
    But guys...GUYS!

In addition to a full digital copy of the game, the Digital Deluxe edition comes with the following digital items (available in-game once purchased)
    Does this mean I get to ride the super cool super awesome AMAZING blue Dread Raven Mount like....RIGHT NOW???

10+ Year Old Account
    So the normal version is almost 10€ more expensive than MoP's counterpart was on presale.

Not impressed at all. The only thing that seems to be increasing lately about Blizzard is the cost of their products.

I am one of the biggest Blizzard fanboys you might ever meet. If you read the tone of my past posts you'll see I blatantly defended Blizzard in every way, no matter how outlandish their ideas were or bad moves they were prepared to do. But now for me this might be the drop that overflowed the glass.

I don't want to pay more for something that might have even less content that the previous instalments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently the high price doesn't scare people away. battle.net is warmed aaand...

kaputt.