Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The early release for prePURCHASE and ofc the price hike is yet more indicative of Blizzards financial obligations to continue to turn a profit for their investors even with diminishing revenue streams (overall sub losses trends for the last few years).

They cannot from a marketing point of view over saturate the Blizz store with a new shiny pixel mount every 2-3 months anymore, and expect continued high levels of purchases from players willing to pony up the cash. Eventually even the die hard loyals will get fed up of yet another mount being shoved in their face each financial quarter.

So this financial quarters marketing gimmick is getting revenue from pre purchases of an expansion that has no confirmed release date and is not even in beta yet. In addition to the revenue they squeezed out from the Iron Skyreaver, which may not have sold as well as they had initially hoped. I wonder what it will be next quarter if WoD does not indeed ship before the end of June (almost a foregone conclusion at this point).

The suggested release date is a bit of a buzzkill, especially with no prior indications of additional content leaving players to hope for a nearby light at the end of the tunnel.

I suspect there's more to it, but Blizzard's going to need a little PR for its PR.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    So that survey asking if we'd pay $10 extra for the expansion to get the "free" 90 was accurate. People said it was promised to us for free at Blizzcon and no way they would charge us an extra $10 for it. Where are those people now?
    They should offer one without the damn boost.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish I could order an empty box from Blizz for MOP an WOD. I love the idea of Digital editions, especially a Digital Deluxe edition

For those bitching about price, in all honesty it's 10 bucks.... really? 10 bucks is bringing the house down? I'm a poor ass student with loans out the ass and I can swing a 10 buck difference no problem. At least it isn't 60 like console games now. It was only about time, cool thing called inflation, rather them charge 10 bucks more for the xpac than raise my sub fee.

As for release date oh well, not like I can do anything about it. Doubt it'll take until December though.
    Daft Punk Forever!

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering we know next to nothing right now about this expansion and that the release date is still uncertain, those of you who decide to pre-order this and then a few months from now complain that "the game is shit, I want my 50 bucks back, they deceived me!" will have no one to turn to. All legitimacy in your complaints will be gone if you take a dive and then hit your head at the bottom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    also, rofl at people complaining about price. MOP DDE was 60. ONOZ THEY RAISED THE PRICE 10 DOLLARS

Deleted
    To those of you emphasizing the word before, do you not think that Blizzard are intelligent enough to know that this would cause a frenzy?

Deleted
    What an ugly box cover, no warcraft-vibe at all. Higher price, not a suprise- it is blizzard after all
    Last edited by mmoc4f448e7a9a; 2014-03-10 at 05:36 PM.

The time-span between Patch 5.4 and WoD reminds me a lot of the time-span between WotLK's final patch and Cataclysm. Both took ± a year and so will this one, even if it gets released much earlier; in October for example. I fear it will even take longer than the release of Cataclysm at that time. But I have all the time of the world and I love the box-art

I guess a physical CE will be available to purchase when a date is more or less set in stone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Soo much butthurt in the comments, this is fantastic
    *eats popcorn*
    For all u people bitching at the price, why not get a JOB, un-sub for 1/2year and play another game, rob some old woman or ask ur mommy to use her credit card again
    How about you think for once and realize perhaps people arent complaining about the price because they cant afford it, but because the price for an expansion has increased this time and so far feature-wise isnt even remotely justifying that increase?

FK me sideways, I JUST bought the D3 RoS CE.. Oh my poor creditcard.....

Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    So the normal version is almost 10€ more expensive than MoP's counterpart was on presale.

Not impressed at all. The only thing that seems to be increasing lately about Blizzard is the cost of their products.

I am one of the biggest Blizzard fanboys you might ever meet. If you read the tone of my past posts you'll see I blatantly defended Blizzard in every way, no matter how outlandish their ideas were or bad moves they were prepared to do. But now for me this might be the drop that overflowed the glass.

I don't want to pay more for something that might have even less content that the previous instalments.
    Well actually that's the thing - the moronic haters and whiners are all ex-fanboys. It's two ends of the same silly spectrum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    It says on the site itself..

Expected Game Release Fall† of 2014
    †Spring for Regions in Southern Hemisphere

They put that date there as the definitive 'will not release later than' date.
    December 20 is the last day of Fall. I don't know where they mentioned Fall 2014 as a release window, but it sounds like they are using the December 20 date so they can potentially release it that late and still have released in Fall 2014 and not be liars (technically).

10+ Year Old Account
    Are they serious with that release date and price?

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, there's that word again... Savage

Deleted
    Seriously. If I can buy the digital deluxe version right now, and ride the bird mount...right now....that would be amazeballs. Has anyone bought it and tried?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    SWTOR's expansion was $10, how can they justify this price?
    Well I can start by saying that people will buy it, the same reason goes for why WoW has remained subscription based while SWTOR went F2P within months of its release.

It's the basis for running a good business, if people are willing to pay for something then it justifies you charging for it. However if the public aren't willing to pay or lack interest in your product then you make it cheaper in the hope of attracting them.

Deleted
    Well that date is not set in stone. Last 2 expansions launched only 2 months from when the pre-order was available.
    And they even added a new boss to the raid from what was initially planed. I say it will be launched at most in September.