Page 13 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Werrezer View Post
    Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."1 Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them" 1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God." Rom. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
    Do you really think I give a flying fuck what the bible says? The bible has no authority. None. Nada. Zilch. So what the bible says about the gays is completely irrelevant because the bible has absolutely no use when determining whether such activities should be regulated by law or not.
    Putin khuliyo

Damn, I always find the fun to read threads late or right before they're locked. Oh well, this seems a bit offtopic so a mod will probably come in and lock it. Pretty simple to me. Government shouldn't really tell rational people what to do. What 2 consenting adults do that doesn't hurt anyone isn't a bit of my business. Essentially your right to swing your fist ends where someone's face begins. Sure wish people would stop paying attention to this windbag Palin. She makes a ton of money to run her mouth. It's really annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Its like reading mad libs at this point.
    I told him once that I didn't think he knew what his words meant, and he accused me of making a movie reference.

I just really don't believe he knows what his words mean. He's just kind of regurgitating bigoted talking points from the conservosphere.

Is willed ignorance blissful as well? If it is his life must be perfect.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    Once again with the word manipulation. People need to start realizing what words mean instead of using completely wrong words to make completely wrong claims.
    Explain the difference between a circle and square, as it pertains to differences between a gay and straight couple. Words do have meaning...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Explain the difference between a circle and square, as it pertains to differences between a gay and straight couple. Words do have meaning...
    Circles are icky and make him feel confused in his pants.

You have yet to demonstrate any compelling state interest in stopping gays from marrying. Until you actually make an attempt at doing so there's no much left to do but have fun with you.
    This discussion has never been about that. You are once again just bringing up a red herring.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Because if I did so, Endus would be forced to give me an infraction even though he's on my side.

I don't want to do that to Endus.
    So what you are saying is, that the only straight forward question you could ask would involve rule-breaking? Are there really certain types of 'questions' that are against the rules? Other than hypothetical ones that are only meant for slander.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

10+ Year Old Account
    Look, if you want to just keep stating nothing but your opinion and insulting me, then I don't see a point in responding to you, especially when we are discussing facts and not opinions.

I think Socrates said something like; the people who resort to slander in an argument are the ones who lost the argument. Too lazy to look up the exact quote now.
    List the facts that make a gay couple as different from a straight couple, as a circle is from a square.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

This discussion has never been about that.
    Well that's just objectively nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Circles are icky and make him feel confused in his pants.
    I might have to change my sig for the first time >_<
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

The difference between a circle and a square? Ok, circles don't have corners, but squares do; in fact they have four. How that pertains to the difference between a gay and straight couple? I don't know, I was never really trying to make that comparison. I was just using circles and squares to explain the law, not the differences between heterosexuals and homosexuals.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

I think he's forgotten about his tortured analogy.

Well that's just a lie. This discussion has been about "Whether or not gays have had equal rights." That is what the discussion has been about, not about whether or not gays should be able to marry people of the same sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I told him once that I didn't think he knew what his words meant, and he accused me of making a movie reference.
    Princess Bride? Good movie.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like that you tell him not to respond, just for him to respond that he shouldn't tolerate insults While I'm still waiting for my answer from him...

10+ Year Old Account
    List the facts that make a gay couple as different from a straight couple, as a circle is from a square.
    Gay couples can't produce kids

I like that you tell him not to respond, just for him to respond that he shouldn't tolerate insults While I'm still waiting for my answer from him...
    I responded to it 4 posts up.

I was just using circles and squares to explain the law, not the differences between heterosexuals and homosexuals.
    THE BLACKS CAN MARRY BLACKS IS NO REASON ANTI-MISCEGENATION LAWS SHOULD BE OVERTURNED.

I have to post something in not caps.

Have fun.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Gay couples can't produce kids
    Neither can many straight couples.

Keep moving the goalposts until you find a reason to fit your bigoted agenda.

I don't give a fuck about gays and their movement, but to deny service to someone because he's gay and because of religious reasons, that's pretty fucked up. I would expect these kind of ideas to appear in some Asian shit hole, not in US

PS Fuck religion!

10+ Year Old Account
    The difference between a circle and a square? Ok, circles don't have corners, but squares do; in fact they have four. How that pertains to the difference between a gay and straight couple? I don't know, I was never really trying to make that comparison. I was just using circles and squares to explain the law, not the differences between heterosexuals and homosexuals.
    The difference in the law is due to the difference between heterosexual and homosexual. That's the crux of the issue here. So, I will ask again... What is the difference that is so large that the two are separated as a two separate things in law? Just what they do in their bedroom? Weddings are legal... Relationships are legal... Marrying opposite sex is legal... So, what makes a circle into a square when it comes to recognition of gay marriage?