Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Msi View Post
    its ALSO an ground mount -.-
    Cue a quote from the movie Aliens: "Well whoopee f'n do.".

I really think the digital collector edition is a bit.. not much for that price, but maybe that's me. In general, expansion prices are a bit high considering sub fees, but ah well. Mount is still awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by ejpaints View Post
    I could care less about the price. My concern is whether or not key guild will survive till fall. We've already got people dropping like flies out of boredom. Most of us are already to the point where we're just fishing to replace a couple heroic pieces with heroic warforged. Going to an alt isn't much more entertaining bc our alts aren't much father behind that. /sigh. At least we have a few 25 man teams. Maybe there will be enough left to make a 20 man. We'll see, right now we're losîng at least 1-2 ppl a week that are just going on a WoW break out of boredom. I'm considering joining them.
    People take breaks when content is slow and most take breaks until the summer. But despite all the QQing you can bet they'll be back when 6.0 hits. Am I the only one not bothered by a fall release? Who wants to raid in the summer?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaiz View Post
    I bought Skyrim in January 2012 and honestly stopped playing after ten minutes, it was literally the very start when the dragon was attacking the fort since the loose camera movement made me feel sick. According to my saves I didn't play it again until August 2013 and then only for 6 hours. I returned in January just gone that I gave it a proper go over the course of a weekend and I actually enjoyed it, once again I haven't been back since and nothing makes me feel I want to play. According to the most recent save I've played 29h51m14s which surprises me, I can see why people enjoy the game even if I've lack any proper attachment to it.

The one thing I don't like about those Bethesda games is the walking around with not much going on around me, whenever you meet anyone you then feel you have to go through every bit of the available dialogue to be sure you don't miss anything crucial. For some that's the attraction but for me it does become tedious quite quickly, that's just my opinion though and others have theirs. I've been gaming since the early 80's when I had a 48K Spectrum so as you can imagine experienced all kinds of games over the years, my gaming interests have changed over those years so the real draw of the Elder Scrolls franchise may simply have passed me by.
    I kind of have a similar history with the game. Played a couple of hours at launch (after having to fix the game from crashing by a bug that the community fixed, not Bethesda), then I kind of just stopped playing for a while. Then went into the game on and off without much interest in going back.

Also, I prefer Oblivion over Skyrim. Enjoyed the setting more in the latter, but Oblivion just seemed a lot more engaging. Feel like I did a lot more interesting stuff in Oblivion overall.

I agree that Bethesda games can get a bit tedious in terms of having to explore every single stone and NPC to make sure you don't miss anything. I have had my enjoyment with their games, sure, but it takes really long just to make sure you've talked to everyone before moving on to the next area. The objectives aren't that particularly clear from the get go, so you mostly wander around trying to figure out what's the most interesting stuff to do, and then make sure you clear an area of quests so you don't have to go back again. That's sandboxing for you.

Wait wait wait wait since when 50$ are 45€ !!???!?!?

Deleted
    10€ for nothing more than a lvl90 boost (wich we don't really care because a lot of us have already have some 90s) and a december expected release with normal content going on (i mean raids and dungeons like always...) thx blizz! i'm out (was already for months ^^) of this game! i'll enjoy life outside now i think it's the best thing to do ty and try south park it's fun ^^

ps: i'll continue heartstone since it's free ^^ (will never pay blizz again sorry! could have buy like a car if i never did, a small but a car ^^)
    Last edited by mmocf84602ed46; 2014-03-11 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hiveNzin0 View Post
    Hardcore jews ? WTF ?

They want to make money, they are not trying to find the cheapest thing like you are so in that case...
    They are certainly making tons of money off dumb consumers.

If only they used that money for new projects, but no, they just continue to milk their old IPs.

Deleted
    srsly? December? Blizz you wanna have 3 mil prepaids? or less

Deleted
    Think blizzard has lost their charm. Only Hearthstone was good, D3... meh... the past few expansions for wow... mehh... and now.. increased price and wait time for less new features... wow no more wow for me... inc fanboi defense! ^_^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    I kind of have a similar history with the game. Played a couple of hours at launch (after having to fix the game from crashing by a bug that the community fixed, not Bethesda), then I kind of just stopped playing for a while. Then went into the game on and off without much interest in going back.

Also, I prefer Oblivion over Skyrim. Enjoyed the setting more in the latter, but Oblivion just seemed a lot more engaging. Feel like I did a lot more interesting stuff in Oblivion overall.

I agree that Bethesda games can get a bit tedious in terms of having to explore every single stone and NPC to make sure you don't miss anything. I have had my enjoyment with their games, sure, but it takes really long just to make sure you've talked to everyone before moving on to the next area. The objectives aren't that particularly clear from the get go, so you mostly wander around trying to figure out what's the most interesting stuff to do, and then make sure you clear an area of quests so you don't have to go back again. That's sandboxing for you.
    Also the dumbing down since Oblivion... atleast thats a major turn off for me and REAL elder scrolls fans.... i guess ESO will satisfy the young Skyrim crowd who dont want to make choices or there to be consequences to actions in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post
    Think blizzard has lost their charm. Only Hearthstone was good, D3... meh... the past few expansions for wow... mehh... and now.. increased price and wait time for less new features... wow no more wow for me... inc fanboi defense! ^_^

- - - Updated - - -

Also the dumbing down since Oblivion... atleast thats a major turn off for me and REAL elder scrolls fans.... i guess ESO will satisfy the young Skyrim crowd who dont want to make choices or there to be consequences to actions in game.
    You should try out Diablo 3 since patch 2.0.1 got released last week. The game is pretty darn fun now actually.

As for Skyrim dumbing down stuff from Oblivion, there are aspects I think Oblivion did better (can't name a bunch of them right off the bat, though; since I haven't played either game for ages). I do remember Skyrim feeling a lot more like a console game than a PC one, which is partially why I think Bethesda went cheap with the game compared to Oblivion, that did not have this issue as I recall. The PC version of Skyrim felt like it was ported from consoles and that to me was unappealing.

so we can buy this any time before the expansion is released, right? Because I certainly don't want to buy it not knowing the release date.

15+ Year Old Account
    *shrug* my sub runs out in about 3 days, i'll keep my eye on the game to see beta progress and features and may return a few weeks before expansion launch, or i may do what i did with mop and wait a few months and then grab a discounted copy from my local store (i even scored a physical copy of the CE for mop when i did that )
    i don't see a reason to rage at blizzard prices, it's a free market, it's their product, they priced it, if you think it's not worth the expense (like me at this time), don't buy it.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    You should try out Diablo 3 since patch 2.0.1 got released last week. The game is pretty darn fun now actually.

As for Skyrim dumbing down stuff from Oblivion, there are aspects I think Oblivion did better (can't name a bunch of them right off the bat, though; since I haven't played either game for ages). I do remember Skyrim feeling a lot more like a console game than a PC one, which is partially why I think Bethesda went cheap with the game compared to Oblivion, that did not have this issue as I recall. The PC version of Skyrim felt like it was ported from consoles and that to me was unappealing.
    Where both Beth games shine though is the modding go to places like http://www.nexusmods.com/games/? and see what the community has done to the games and it makes it worth playing even more..

You have just about every conceivable mod for both Skyrim, Oblivion and Fallout plus load of different other games.. You can change the look of the game to how you interact with the game world heck there are even a load of adult mods for it too..

Fall?

So...we're gonna have SoO for another 6+ months? Lovely.

Yeah, good luck out there guys, I'm unsubbing. See you in December!

Enjoy your summer!

I'd prefer you liked Google, but for the sake of informing, here it is.
    I'd prefer if people didn't blatantly lie/read their goddamn sources before posting them. At no point does Morhaime confirm a date; I swear there are more people on here that clearly haven't made it through grade school than ever before.

Expected nullifies the firm release by date. Blizz feels they have enough game addicts willing to buy numerous pre-purchases or character boosts to justify loosing a few million more subs. Let's be honest, a good number of subs will return and buy additional character boosts. Numerically it will balance out if not work out better for Blizz. I give the number crunchers credit for figuring this one out.
    What does this even mean in the context of your reply what you're replying to?

I know this is a global board, but you could at least try to comprehend what's being said for fuck's sake. The sentence literally reads as follows:

'This game will release somewhere between now and December 20th of this year; we don't know when because we don't know yet.'

I'd make it bigger, but that's already proved useless.

Just because Blizz hasn't gone down that path yet doesn't mean they won't!
    Blizzard isn't going to end up like EA and their precious Battlefield franchise because of that simple fact that Warlords will actually work.

I'd be happy with no public beta AT ALL.
    I agree with this, especially after the their last foray with the super-open-everyone-gets-one beta which was out of fucking control.

The best case scenario for a WoD release date is late September, a highly improbable date considering Beta hasn't even started yet, and even then they would be essentially equally or breaking their ICC record period for no new content.
    So tell me, how did you get to a 'Best Case Scenario', which is governed by a very large equation filled with tons of fluctuating variables, without said variables?

It's his job now. He'll always have his opinion, like all of us do, but now he gets paid by that company, he can't really be saying "this feature i really don't like, but here it is" as a spokeperson for said company.
    You know, continuously making assumptions doesn't help bolster the argument you're trying to pitch here. Since Lore doesn't do TWM anymore, we'll never know, so believing he'd feel one specific way solely based on his current employment is a pretty lofty guess.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iriecolorado View Post
    Yeah, good luck out there guys, I'm unsubbing. See you in December!

Enjoy your summer!
    This very comment here symbolizes how idiotic some of the posts are becoming in this thread, I think it will forever stump me as how people can not grasp the meaning of on or before such & such a date.. Unsubbing is all fine and good but the other bit of this post pretty much says that they and others think that what is advertised is the exact release date..

All I can say is that all is lost..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    This very comment here symbolizes how idiotic some of the posts are becoming in this thread, I think it will forever stump me as how people can not grasp the meaning of on or before such & such a date.. Unsubbing is all fine and good but the other bit of this post pretty much says that they and others think that what is advertised is the exact release date..

All I can say is that all is lost..
    December 20th is the only factual date given, therefore people go by it when posting. the game may release before that (or even after, see that "Expect" before giving any other information) but right now that's the only date given and everything else is idle speculation.
    if you plan to buy or do anything, you usually plan your budget and/or time based on definitive dates. not some mysterious date before or after.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannel View Post
    They are certainly making tons of money off dumb consumers.

If only they used that money for new projects, but no, they just continue to milk their old IPs.
    I guess I am a dumb customer. That's probably because I have a job and 50 euros is absolutely nothing.

They have new projects because they are about to release several games.

Blizzard fucked up when they told us that there won't be any new tier because they don't want to leave us with a one-year tier like Cataclysm. Blizzard should never make promise, ever.

It makes sense for them to release the pre order now. People get an almost free 90 char and they can play with it until WoD. They will lose sub for 6 months but most of the people will resub again once WoD comes.

So please guys, stop saying that you are going to quit because nobody gives a fuck. We will see you again (probably) or we won't (in that case, good for you). You should play a game because it is fun. If you don't have fun anymore, don't play with it.

Quote Originally Posted by aerosyne View Post
    I'd prefer if people didn't blatantly lie/read their goddamn sources before posting them. At no point does Morhaime confirm a date; I swear there are more people on here that clearly haven't made it through grade school than ever before.
    Before spitting non-sense at others, you should inform yourself :
    - Expected release is in fall (this is confirmed) : Fall is September to December.
    - There has never been a situation where a MMO got release sooner than expected. If you truly believe that WoD can come out sooner, you are living in a dream. Developers take all their time before the deadline to ensure products are release with the least amount of bugs - there is absolutely no reason for them to release before for the deadline unless everything is absolutely clean (that never happens).
    If you are willing to bet on a 0.01% chance that WoD will release before fall than go ahead but do not blame other for reacting this way.