Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Sky Golem problem

What is the ah price for Sky Golem on your server?

I have to spend 30 days to make this mount (30 Energy Sources)... and 30x Living Steel = 10500 gold on my server, since 1x Living Steel costs 350g... I realy thought I'll make some money on Golems but ppl on ah sell them for 15k. So I think WTF? What am I doing wrong? How you can sell mount that needs 30 days to make - for many ppl - for 15k when some shitty JC panthers still cost 30-35k? 5k profit every 30 days?! Maybe I do something wrong or maybe ppl destroyed golem market?
    Last edited by Kubiszot; 2014-03-11 at 02:00 PM.

Deleted
    Because it requires little to no effort whatsoever? Something taking 10 seconds once a day for 30 days isnt something you should expect to turn a huge profit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would hold on your power sources and sell them in wod. currently with the falling in prices on my server i can barely sell it above mats cost.

In wod when no one is making the sky golem it will increase in price.

I personally have 4 in stock atm. gonna make 1 energy source per day. have enough ghost iron bars to last 1 year on 3 chars
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

10+ Year Old Account
    try selling a panther mount for less than the cost of the orb, or selling a bike for less of the cost of the mandatory mounts.

People are stupid when it comes to selling things.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted
    From day 1, there was SO much supply and comparably so little demand, that it was absolutely obvious that prices will be quite low after a while.
    By now, probably almost everyone who wants the Golem has one.

Your problem is your cost is too high. I made a killing on these, with two toons farming snakeroot plants. A bag plants 40 of them for 27g. Now, two toons doing this yields enough ore to make 6-8 trillium bars per day from your miner, and you also get some ghost iron ore as well. Have your miner smelt that into bars. Send the trillium bars to your engineer, the ghost iron bars to your alchemist for transmutes. All told, it was costing me about 1500g per golem. Then, a 15000g sale isn't so bad, huh?

10+ Year Old Account
    I got mine for 17K and the prices started to drop. (Area 52 - Horde)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped doing the energy source CD after i made my own golem and also sold one
    My problem right now is I have the mats to make the damn kyparium rocket...you should see the horrendously stupid buyout prices I get offered when i advertise in trade
    One person told me I was retarded to think the mount is worth more than 1k. Same person then said that the fact the orbs cost 18k from vendor doesnt mean anything lol

i sold my first golem for 100k now u cant give em away

I should add that the Tillers farm is lucrative in general. A bag of snakeroot seeds will give you, on average, 3 stacks of exotic leather per day for two and a half days, or about 8 stacks in total. Since one stack usually sells for over 40g, this yields about 320g for a 27g purchase, and doesn't take into account the occasional magnificent hide that drops.

Sky Golems are ± 15k on my server, Living Steel costing 200-max 250 gold each. So a bit more profit here. JC mounts are usually 25k gold absolutely maximum here though. Not making any of the mounts at the moment, only the cheap fridges

everyone expected this to turn a profit of almost 45k-150k until WoD. They found out people wouldn't actually pay it like they said here, so when the first few months of huge supply little demand came, they screwed themselves.

We destroyed the market.
    Sold my first one for 70k, the second for 30k and used the last one since they where running for 14k at that point.
    Account wide mounts and a 30day per char wait makes it meh.

And tbh, its a horrible mount.
    Being able to herb from it is cute but thats about it.

Mounts aren't special and people aren't willing to pay huge sums for them past the initial buzz days.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I don't know how this is surprising ...
    Your question was answered by 2nd poster.
    There's sweet fa into making this mount. Takes you no more than 60 seconds every day to make it.
    Especially with account-wide mounts, these kind of things lose their value very quickly. But 5k profit from something that takes you a minute every day isn't exactly bad either.
    1st May 2013-->1st April 2014
    105lb-->166lb
    Bench/Squat/Deadlift 1RMs - 20kg/20kg/40kg-->100kg/162.5kg/210kg

Running geneswests 5/3/1

Deleted
    saw auction for 12k and noone even bother
    I will get mine when it will drop below 10k

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, engineers being relegated to selling items that just barely refund their mat prices and being slaves to alchemists for basic crafting materials?

What else is new...
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Sit on it!

I expected exactly what would happen

On day one i off loaded 1 for over 60k now i see prices have hit rock bottom so the best bet is to sit on your jareds and wait until WoD. There will be plenty of people returning and when nobody CBA to do the dailie CD then you should see demand go up.

Gotta play the long game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kubiszot View Post
    How you can sell mount that needs 30 days to make - for many ppl - for 15k when some shitty JC panthers still cost 30-35k?
    The orb alone for the shitty JC panthers costs 18k. But whatever, let's sell it for 3k less. That sounds like a prefectly reasonable plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    The orb alone for the shitty JC panthers costs 18k. But whatever, let's sell it for 3k less. That sounds like a prefectly reasonable plan.
    For dupers and people skating the gold cap while transitioning from one server to another, it is a perfectly reasonable plan.