Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    What if I told you it was a new model?

It uses the same animation rig as other mounts, which is NOT something that's new. The Nether Drakes all used the original dragon animation rig from vanilla WoW. Dragonhawks and Nether rays share the same animation rig. Ashes of Al'ar uses the same old Gryphon animation rig from vanilla WoW.

You want me to continue?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

As someone who this is her first "horse with wings" mount, I adore it, and it looks sick with my priest's Shadowform. While I'd like to see more skeletons for different mounts rather than protodrake everything, I don't think we have much room to complain for a -free- mount promoting a game that is free to download and earn it. They didn't have to give us a hearthsteed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    Nothing in this game is free or will ever belong to us

Monthly access fee required to connect to servers. And we own nothing we pay to access
    From context it is apparent he was referring to the fact that you don't have to pay any additional money to access the mount. Your analysis of the definition of digital ownership is sorta off point.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebu View Post
    Proto-drakes, Firehawks, Skyscreamer and Dread raven. All share the same skeleton.
    This ^, like Thralls Balls said be careful of telling the truth around here. Blizzard mouthpieces will foam at the mouth if they read this.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Algalon uses the same skeleton of a Vrykul.

Nuff said. Stop qqing.

This ^, like Thralls Balls said be careful of telling the truth around here. Blizzard mouthpieces will foam at the mouth if they read this.

Nice flamebait. Reusing a skeleton=/ Reusing models.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    "Someone doesn't agree with me. Stupid whiteknights!"

I also don't really like that specific mount...but as long as a mount looks good, I don't care if it's reused or not.
    Nah it's usually how they say it that makes then whiteknights. I'll play devils advocate and show two different posts.

"You should be happy that blizzard gave you anything at all for hearthstone, they didnt have to do anything for you, you people are so entitled and complain about everything. Stop your QQ, just leave if you don't like it, we won't miss you"

"While I agree it's the same model every time, it's a horse, and can see why it would be the same, besides it's a free thing they made for hearthstone so I cant complain, the wings are a bit lame though"

One is intelligent and thought out. One is not, can we guess which is which?
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Wait, we can buy the Pandaren Phoenixes on the Blizzard store? Or Invincible? Thanks for the info!
    Even if we could buy them, they wouldn't really belong to us

reading the ToS again is fun sometimes. That's the best part about the micro transactions in this sub game. Pay extra for virtual goods you don't own that you are already paying monthly to access.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Nah it's usually how they say it that makes then whiteknights. I'll play devils advocate and show two different posts.

"You should be happy that blizzard gave you anything at all for hearthstone, they didnt have to do anything for you, you people are so entitled and complain about everything. Stop your QQ, just leave if you don't like it, we won't miss you"

"While I agree it's the same model every time, it's a horse, and can see why it would be the same, besides it's a free thing they made for hearthstone so I cant complain, the wings are a bit lame though"

One is intelligent and thought out. One is not, can we guess which is which?
    It's not the same model. It's the same skeleton. Big difference.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

If you actually used your eyes, you'd see that this mount, although using the same skeleton, actually has a unique run animation. Unique sounds, a slightly different and BIGGER body and the wings are different as well from the other horses using the Hippogryph skeleton (Invincible, Celestial, Tyrael's Charger and now Hearthsteed). The head is also unique, the other horses of the same skeleton share the Invincible type of head.

I wish the other horses had the same animations as the Hearthsteed, since the other ones run like hippogryphs and their front legs becoming way too short as they run.

It's a nice, basically free gift from a free game. It landed me at 240 mounts, so I'm happy as a clam with it. It also looks very nice with a shadow priest.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    It is not the best looking mount, but it is ok, and its free. Not sure why people are complaining.
    "Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted" ~Einstein
    Wish more people would take that to heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It's not the same model. It's the same skeleton. Big difference.
    Bringing up semantics when you know what I was trying to say, pretty much annoys everyone everywhere. Don't be a semantics Nazi

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    If you actually used your eyes, you'd see that this mount, although using the same skeleton, actually has a unique run animation. Unique sounds, a slightly different and BIGGER body and the wings are different as well from the other horses using the Hippogryph skeleton (Invincible, Celestial, Tyrael's Charger and now Hearthsteed). The head is also unique, the other horses of the same skeleton share the Invincible type of head.

I wish the other horses had the same animations as the Hearthsteed, since the other ones run like hippogryphs and their front legs becoming way too short as they run.

It's a nice, basically free gift from a free game. It landed me at 240 mounts, so I'm happy as a clam with it. It also looks very nice on a shadow priest.
    its the quillen wings, and the horse uses the big horse model, that invincible used
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

It's not free. Your 15 bucks a month is paying for it.
    Demand quality for your purchase.

Re using skeletons, not models...Please learn the difference already people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bringing up semantics when you know what I was trying to say, pretty much annoys everyone everywhere. Don't be a semantics Nazi

- - - Updated - - -

its the quillen wings, and the horse uses the big horse model, that invincible used

It's not semantics. New model is new. The skeleton will always be the same because creating new skeletons isn't something you can just do quickly. Really the complaint is dumb. You don't have to like the mount but at least know your stuff first and you godwinned the thread(Thanks) to.

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree. All this reskinning is lazy. The only totally new mount models for all of MOP have been the water striders, cloud serpents and store bought. Everything else is a modified older skeleton.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    I actually like the mount but yeah, has the same animations that Invincible has and stuff :/

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, those wings came first with the Winged Guardian and Obsidian Nightwing (the slimmer, longer ones). If you look at the body of the Hearthsteed next to Invincible, you can see differences in the shape of it. Hearthsteed doesn't have armor, so they've compensated that by making it "bulkier" looking.

Overall, I think it looks rather nice. My mage won't be using another mount for a loooong time (matching armor).

Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    Re using skeletons, not models...Please learn the difference already people.
    I want a Twilight Proto-Drake.
    :c

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianWRA View Post
    I agree. All this reskinning is lazy. The only totally new mount models for all of MOP have been the water striders, cloud serpents and store bought. Everything else is a modified older skeleton.
    It's not fucking reskinned. They reused the skeleton yes but not reskinned.

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I was waiting for this thread to pop up.