Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have played WOW non-stop since Day One of Vanilla and never run out of things to do. I think you are just not looking.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    "What will you do for the next six months, while you give another $90 to Blizzard?"

"The same things we have been doing for the last six months. Aren't we lucky! Then we can give Blizzard another $60 for new content!"

How Blizzard have managed to make their customers think like this is beyond me.
    It's not Blizzard imo. People wake up one day and realize they've wasted a lot of time and money in a game they don't enjoy playing. Rather than quit they continue playing and slowly turn into a toxic troll. Then they quit and come to mmo-c trying to convert people enjoying the game into toxic trolls.

Ever notice how people bitch and complain at a job yet they stay employed and never quit? When they finally do all they can talk about is how bad their previous job was. It's being human.

Cancelled my sub this time after the experience with ICC and DS I don't think it's value for money for such a long time with no real content and lame-ass excuses as to why we can't have something new. on top of no new content i'm finally sick of lazy design when pvp/pve ability is inappropriately nerfed due to a necessity to nerf it in only one of those environments. I usually defend Blizzard but not this time, i'll be back in WoD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    A supposition. You know nothing.
    Maybe. Still, I would bet my bottom dollar that if subs dropped by say 2 millions, WoD would be ready before holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    "What will you do for the next six months, while you give another $90 to Blizzard?"

"The same things we have been doing for the last six months. Aren't we lucky! Then we can give Blizzard another $60 for new content!"

How Blizzard have managed to make their customers think like this is beyond me.
    Mind control (also known as brainwashing, coercive persuasion, thought control, or thought reform) refers to an indoctrination process which results in "an impairment of autonomy, an inability to think independently, and a disruption of beliefs and affiliations. In this context, brainwashing refers to the involuntary reeducation of basic beliefs and values"

Dont ask me how.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    In other words, nothing. Cuz all that crap was either a. done or b. got boring about five months ago. :P
    Well, then I guess WoW isn't the game for you right now.

A supposition. You know nothing.

You know, you could just...not log in for a bit. I keep my sub up but I am not actively playing outside of raid for the last month.
    Why would anyone continue to pay Blizzard and then not play WOW?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by z4x View Post
    Maybe. Still, I would bet my bottom dollar that if subs dropped by say 2 millions, WoD would be ready before holidays.
    Considering it's supposed to arrive this fall, it is already being made read before the holidays.

A sub loss (which wouldn't be reported for months from now anyway) wouldn't spur faster development. Ever. That isn't how Blizzard operates. It might actually increase the development as they examine the exit surveys (those that fill them out), and try to change WoD to fit what people are complaining about.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Why would anyone continue to pay Blizzard and then not play WOW?
    Why go through the hassle of shutting down my sub? Besides, I said I still raid

Considering it's supposed to arrive this fall, it is already being made read before the holidays.

A sub loss (which wouldn't be reported for months from now anyway) wouldn't spur faster development. Ever. That isn't how Blizzard operates. It might actually increase the development as they examine the exit surveys (those that fill them out), and try to change WoD to fit what people are complaining about.
    I think the two of you are talking about completely different holidays.

Why go through the hassle of shutting down my sub? Besides, I said I still raid
    You told the person who suggested cancelling the sub until WOD that they should just not log in, why would anyone who has nothing to do continue to pay their sub whilst not playing?

No one has answered me yet.. Where is this "confirmed" fall date?

10+ Year Old Account
    Since I gave up on challenge modes (I aim at silver and everyone is either up for just gold or not even good enough for bronze), I started getting the legendaries I still miss, and I'm farming old raids mounts.

Try other mmos. There are better ones around.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Deleted
    Theres a subtle difference of SIX months (half a year) between "before holidays" and 20th December.

A sub loss (which wouldn't be reported for months from now anyway) wouldn't spur faster development. Ever. That isn't how Blizzard operates.
    It doesnt need to be officially reported to be noticed by internal staff.

Quote Originally Posted by z4x View Post
    It doesnt need to be officially reported to be noticed by internal staff.
    To be fair I think he is correct that sub losses would not cause Blizzard to develop WOD any faster. If over 4 million sub losses have not taught them any lessons so far it is unlikely that further losses will cause them to act any differently.

Play other games is the easiest answer. You got Elder Scrolls on-line getting released next month. If you act fast, you might get into this weekend's beta event. I never make it very far into the last tier before I call it quits until the next Xpac, So I'm probably not very helpful on what to do to extend the life between Xpacs.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    I'm not in a raiding guild, I don't have 12kG, I have all the chars I want (the 90 boost is useless to me), I don't have Cloud Serpent riding and rep isn't accountwide so is pointless to farm for me...

Thanks for the suggestions though Darsithis.

Aren't we a Debbie Downer. You say you have nothing to do, but you could farm for your Cloud Serpent Riding and rep, whether or not it is "useless" because it's not account wide.

A raiding guild is not hard to find, if anything you could find some groups either using OQueue or openraid, heck even the in game raid finder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    To be fair I think he is correct that sub losses would not cause Blizzard to develop WOD any faster. If over 4 million sub losses have not taught them any lessons so far it is unlikely that further losses will cause them to act any differently.
    To develop? Not sure. To release? YES.

And its almost done probably, just delayed due to the release of DESTINY

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    you could farm for your Cloud Serpent Riding
    No, because I don't like them and I'd never use them.
    and rep, whether or not it is "useless" because it's not account wide.
    What'd be the point of farming reps of which I'd not even get an achievement reward for?
    A raiding guild is not hard to find
    It is for alternate week raiding between 2300 and 0300 and 1500 and 1800, and it's not worth it when LFR is far easier to get gear in, but LFR's pointless because Conquest gear is better.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    I have played WOW non-stop since Day One of Vanilla and never run out of things to do. I think you are just not looking.
    That reminds me of people who show off that they have over 1000 hours in Skyrim. When I finished the game and almost every, single, possible sidequest in the game by 200.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I came back to the game two months ago after a six month break (my first seriously long break in 7 years).

Since then I have completed five legendary cloaks and am in the process of leveling a monk for one of the remaining achievements that the guild needs. After that I am strongly considering quitting again until WoD. For me, there simply isn't much to do that is interesting.

It seems that most of my guild already have the end of expansion blues. Most of them only log twice a week to raid and the rest of the time it is mostly me on my lonesome.

It speaks to me about how little content came in 5.4

Other games. I let my WoW subscription die last summer and probably won't reactivate until the WoD pre-launch patch comes around. Steam games and other Blizzard games (D3 and SC2) have been filling the void for me. There's also Reaper of Souls coming out in like two weeks, which should keep me busy for a little while.

I have also been on a big retro gaming trip lately. I've got some of my older consoles hooked up to a TV and have been playing through some games on those.

There's plenty of gaming to do without WoW.