Garrosh HC 10 Tips & Tricks

Hi folks,

we're attempting Garrosh now for ~ 40 tries and I wondered if you had any important lessons after phase 1 (Which doesn't make too much trouble now): E.g. we're still struggling on the time constraint of the first intermission phase, I personally go CB->Shadow Fury (I'm on Stun duty) -> CB on the first ones and glyphed Havoc -> double CB on the last group (Our tanks finish the middle group themselves). I'm rather unsure if that's the way to go.
    We did not have any tries past phase 2 yet, but any tips are much appreciated!
    Proud author of the totally outdated WotLK Affli Thread

Pool 3~ embers before intermision and use fire brimstone on your group, make sure to have at least one ember before the adds are about to die to get embers back, by the time you get to the last group the adds should be close to dead in that group as well, so shadowburn again. Other than that, again, it all depends on your raid group.

Deleted
    On 10 man I was assigned to the inside right group along with the disc priest.

You can go into the intermission with 1 ember, and by dropping RoF on 3 packs you will end up at full embers nearly.

As you approach your pack you pull them with RoF, then double conflagrate the closest one. You can then (glyphed) havoc the one to the left, before using shadowfury to stun them all.

After that fire one chaos bolt into the initial target, followed by a second and sometimes a third (depends on procs) to the one without havoc. You should then be able to shadowburn all 3.

Havoc is weaker compared to fire&brimstone

Deleted
    I'm effectively soloing a pack, I doubt I can do 2M damage to 3 adds in 3 FnB casts.

Give it a try before doubting, and.. soloing a pack? Your math is also way of..

I do around 9M dmg in T1, doing right this:

First pack: Rof + double conflagrate + double chaos bolt.
    Snd pack: Eng Gloves + havoc + double chaos bolt in two different adds.

Deleted
    Yeah 9M seems about average.

Each add has 3M health on 10 man.

I run past the first 3 packs to get to inside right one. I drop RoF on 2 of those packs. That's not a lot of damage.

The disc priest (a Blood Elf) comes with me. He's there to do his racial silence. He casts a few spells on the closest add but that's about it.

If I were to do FnB I'd run out of embers and the adds would be half hp max.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    On 10 man I was assigned to the inside right group along with the disc priest.

You can go into the intermission with 1 ember, and by dropping RoF on 3 packs you will end up at full embers nearly.

As you approach your pack you pull them with RoF, then double conflagrate the closest one. You can then (glyphed) havoc the one to the left, before using shadowfury to stun them all.

After that fire one chaos bolt into the initial target, followed by a second and sometimes a third (depends on procs) to the one without havoc. You should then be able to shadowburn all 3.
    This is helpful, I am just starting this too and have yet too get to that phase to test combinations. This is almost identical to what I had planned, I was going to split my Conflags between mobs A and B so that they each get Conflag/CB ... but didn't know if that would leave me in execute range. Sounds like its easier to just double conflag the one to ensure it hits execute range. The two Havoc CB's are not enough take out the 3rd, but push it to execute?

How close after you burn your conflag charges are they on the cast you need to stun? Do you have the global to mix Glyphed CoE after your RoF? Is it needed? I would probably only bother if it was the difference between my CB's leaving the mob at 22% vs pushing them into Execute range..

We have two destro locks in our group, if each of us can solo a pack, it should go a long way to meeting the transition timer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    This is helpful, I am just starting this too and have yet too get to that phase to test combinations. This is almost identical to what I had planned, I was going to split my Conflags between mobs A and B so that they each get Conflag/CB ... but didn't know if that would leave me in execute range. Sounds like its easier to just double conflag the one to ensure it hits execute range. The two Havoc CB's are not enough take out the 3rd, but push it to execute?

How close after you burn your conflag charges are they on the cast you need to stun? Do you have the global to mix Glyphed CoE after your RoF? Is it needed? I would probably only bother if it was the difference between my CB's leaving the mob at 22% vs pushing them into Execute range..

We have two destro locks in our group, if each of us can solo a pack, it should go a long way to meeting the transition timer.
    You have time to pull with RoF, double conflag the closest add, and (mouseover) havoc the left one. At this point they should be half way casting and you shadowfury. I run 10.4k haste fwiw, dunno if you have longer GCD with less. I don't bother with CoE.

The add which gets Havoc'd gets pushed into execute range, I usually shadowburn it once I've cast 3 chaos bolts. 1 CB into the add I conflag'd, and 2 into the right side add which didn't have havoc.

Usually the add you conflag won't hit execute. I have to manually silence this one and it goes down in another few globals.

I don't use dark soul or anything as I save it for PBI which 99% of the time procs once you engage the boss again. If nothing procs then sometimes you will hit 25 energy, but if you get meta gem/4piece/KTT proc you're golden.

Most of the time I'll finish the right pack and sneak a shadowburn on the opposite side which gets dealt with by the others once they finish their own packs.

Please note I'm not 100% soloing, the second cast needs to be aoe silenced, which is where my disc priest friend comes in.

Deleted
    im currently doing front left pack in jade with a fire mage ( he brings his mob to 20%) .What i do is drop rain of fire on the right side pack , then rain of fire left pack(mine) havoc one +chaos bolt another + shadowfury + 2nd chaos bolt and end up shadowburn-sniping all 3 .Mention they die before 2nd cast finishes.Ialso make sure i go in jade with 6 stacks of backdraft everytime otherwise cast time requirment to finish them before 2nd cast is not posible.PS: using glyphed havoc.
    Last edited by mmocf1094b9d96; 2014-03-13 at 02:52 PM. Reason: typo