Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    In another interview, he stated that fans were not at all upset by paid boosting. Please, feel free to take him seriously. Forgive me if I am a bit more skeptical of his coherence when it comes to knowing his audience.
    There are other games out there that are now offering free boosted characters to catch people back up. I'm not thrilled with it but if it was some nasty thing that upset the masses, many games wouldn't be offering it now.
    Last edited by Raeln; 2014-03-13 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by isaaru View Post
    Good, we dont want your kind here

why do poeple like flying? it ruins the game, you have feet you know

Lovely attitude you have. I was a very hardcore player for a long time participating in many aspects of the game. Can't raid currently due to real life, but won't return for WoD if this is the direction they are going.

As for why I like flying? It just changes the feel of the game in a way that it is very positive for me. The mounts look cool but I also just really like seeing things from the air. The world feels more open and I can get a better view. And it's a freaking fantasy game it makes sense to fly on dragons etc! When I am forced on the ground, the world actually feels smaller because I can see so little of it. It felt so artificial and unnatural and immersion killing that I suddenly could not fly in Pandaria. I worked to get a freaking dragon (and undead pony, and mechanical gnome head, and so on and so on) and knew how to fly them and suddenly my character is too damn stupid to fly it until I level and pay some guy money?

Talk about immersion killing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    So you're comparing a mode of transportation to actual content? Great logic.
    Exploration is content for some people, and exploration feels differently when flying. Also for people with more limited time, longer travel times reduces the time they can spend on the content they enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Subscriber numbers.

Not sure you know how to use that phrase.
    Not sure you know the fact a flying mount =/= PvP

I think you are confusing "hardcore" with "passionate".
    Is there really a difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Raeln View Post
    There are other games out there that are now offering free boosted characters to catch people back up. I'm not thrilled with it but it was some nasty thing that upset the masses, many games wouldn't be offering it now.
    Giving shit away for free is very common for businesses to attract new customers. It's also a sign of desperation in the MMO market.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Maybe we should have teleportation devices. Because people are so strained for time that they can't play the fucking game.

Could we also please leave PVP discussions out of this? More than half of all servers are PVE servers, there is almost zero world pvp going on on those servers. The majority of WoW players have little to no interest in world PVP. If anything, open up a thread discussing how awesome no flying would be on PVP servers.

Arguing for no flying because you love world PVP is as if I was arguing to ban all characters with non-lore conform names, because it ruins my RP immersion. Except I'd be a dumbass if I argued for that on non-RP servers.

Maybe we should have teleportation devices. Because people are so strained for time that they can't play the fucking game.
    You mean like Waypoints in GW2 and Quick Travel and Fleet Passes in TOR?

You might be onto something there, chief.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

I've already purchased the CE for the new flying mount, and pet, and have purchased 3 boosts. I will enjoy them all until 6.1, and then find out if I will continue to enjoy them, or delete the account.
    Why would you delete the account? That's such a rash thing to do.

And you're still not understanding that for many players, this is not just about comfort or efficiency, but the inherent fun in flying around, seeing the world from above. Why are you so bent on removing something that others enjoy?

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    That seems to be a fairly popular position to be taking. I decided months ago to unsub and as more and more bad news about WoD came out, I decided to hold off on pre-ordering...and then decided to hold off on ordering WoD at all. I came to the conclusion that I'd be better off just sitting and waiting to see how how WoD shaped up and how the final product turned out.

First time ever for me to not be in on day-one of a new expansion for WoW. I simply don't care enough to invest any more money into a game that is moving more and more away from the things that I enjoy about it.
    I only buy the digital versions of WoW anymore so it's no big loss to me to just wait until release day unless they raise the price or something. This is the first time that I actually thought about holding off for a couple months after release though. Not sure if that's a product of WoW being so old or me being so tired of WoW's raid-only endgame.

I'm still subbed to WoW and playing maybe 4 hours a week sometimes. Certainly not as much as I used to though.

If we had the ability to teleport to most locations for the majority of the game's life (since we have been able to fly at max level in almost all current content for 7 of the 9 and a half years this game has existed, the exceptions being PvP areas and a few areas added in patches like Isle of Quel'danas, Firelands, the islands in Pandaria) you might have a point. As it is, you don't. It's a lot harder to take away something people have had for a very long time than it is to never add something in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raeln View Post
    Is there really a difference?
    Yes, Jesus, lol. It's what we've been trying to explain to you for the past few pages. I told you trying to stick a blanket definition to "casual" was going to end up poorly for you as there isn't one. It's much more of a perspective thing rather than a defined reality.

You can't just say "LAWLS Dude gets on forums when he's at work, he's fucking HARDCORE!" Now, if dude gets on forums all day to discuss rotation specifics, research potential changes and keep up with moment to moment updates, then yes, said person is probably a hardcore player. 3000 or so posts in the General Discussion section on the other hand, not so much.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Wowforlife79 View Post
    I think it will be good for wow to not have flying. It will force ppl to be out in the world and interact with each other longer/more often, means more situations could happen(pvp, hanging out, exploration etc). I think it will make the world feel alive again with more ppl down on the ground.
    It certainly won't force people out into the world. It may actually deter it. Now the cost of doing any activity outside of a city has increased....the reward for the activity may just be no longer worth it. Like I don't know if I'd farm my own herbs/ore instead of buying them.

By the time the majority of the realms population is max level, the world will be empty. It has been this way since vanilla.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    And you're still not understanding that for many players, this is not just about comfort or efficiency, but the inherent fun in flying around, seeing the world from above. Why are you so bent on removing something that others enjoy?
    For me it's both. I love exploring from the air and collecting flying mounts, and I am also a parent now so my time is more limited.

Deleted
    Wont happen. On the other hand i personally dont care fly/ no fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    Play other games. But, most of all, leave WoW behind and go find other things to do.
    What other game compares with WoW in the mmorpg genre? Not one. So whoever does leave, will come crawling back or just quit mmorps all together.

Everyone that quits WoW, plays another game, then they're back a month later or have moved on in life, away from video games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nethaera posted in the Official General Forums:

"... That said, the developers are also aware of the concerns that people may have about how easy or difficult it will be to get around to the various locations. They have said before that they want to still provide convenient ways for people to still travel without minimizing the impact on exploration within the zones..."

If they're providing these 'convenient travel alternatives', I'm guessing flying for the most part has been ruled out entirely pending a massive decrease in either preorders (compared to prior expansions) and subscribers.

If not, they'd of at least kept the existing scheme of things (Flight Points) rather than implement new and quicker systems.

Other than using my mount for gathering professions, I really don't care about flying. It doesn't take much to ride and take a flight path. I'm fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    I'm not the one removing it. Blizzard is. I'm just expressing my support.

Apparently there is inherent enjoyment in flying when it's relevant to the discussion. Because it's not as if most people only use it for quicker means of transportation. You're grasping at straws again.