Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    To be fair, it looks like "your side" is the one that's bitching. We who enjoy using our ground mounts aren't exactly crying and threatening to cancel our subs if flying mounts stay in the game.

Get with the program, dude.
    Uhm of course your not bitching. If no flying at all in WoD goes live you are getting exactly what you want.

Those of us that want to fly are getting shit on ... so a bunch will quit.

Would wage it will be somewhere in the area of 2 million subs lost.

Personally I wonder if Blizzard sees WoW as a dying game. Using this method as a controlled burn to the already bleeding subs, to bring sub numbers down to a more reasonable number. So resources can be diverted elsewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    That's not compromise. That's making flying distinctly DISadvantageous to other forms of travel, pushing it so far into non-use that it might as well NOT be in the game. It's tantamount to removing it.
    No, it's not. You're either super fast yet flying is dangerous or you're slower than a ground mount and it's as safe as it is currently. That's called risk vs reward and I'm sorry you don't comprehend that.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Deleted
    Meh, the game will feel exactly the same but 3 times slower

15+ Year Old Account
    110 pages. You can do better!

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    Except I haven't seen a single reasonable argument yet for no flying at all in Draenor, in this entire thread. It all boils down to either PvP or trying to tell other people that flying is no fun, when these exact people are telling you that flying is some of the most fun they're having in this game.
    blizzards reasons: http://www.wowhead.com/news=223780/n...enor-until-6-1

i'm done here for now

Judging from that post, it's pretty obvious that you've completely failed to understand the core behind this "no flying"-preference. I'll just go ahead and assume that you haven't read a single post in this thread, because I find it odd that someone who's invested in this particular topic has so little knowledge of what the other side is trying to convey.
    According to the statistics I have 50 posts in this thread, would be silly if didn't read any post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    I'm a healer. I can't really kill people to begin with. My issue is that there's no risk vs reward in flying. Everything else in this game is risk vs reward and flying doesn't follow that pattern. I want the world to be bigger. I want to see people in zones running around again and doing things be they farming, fighting, questing, conversing, etc.

"You're a ganker" is such a robotic response. I'm also against Queuecraft and I think natural groups and group quests should be encouraged and promoted more than LFD. I want a living world again in Warcraft and that's why I hate flying so much.
    Flying has done nothing but add convenience to the game. It has existed since TBC, as it was implemented by and large due to popular request. All of the aforementioned things you want in the game did indeed exist when flying was implemented. These things disappeared not due to flying, but to the queue system.

What you're essentially arguing for is a return to Vanilla WoW, something you need to accept isn't possible.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    blizzards reasons: http://www.wowhead.com/news=223780/n...enor-until-6-1

i'm done here for now
    Would be nice if the blue posts today weren't contradicting those same statements.

"Can't structure questing"

Wants dynamic questing and leveling like Timeless Isle tho right?

This dev team has no fucking clue.
    Last edited by Conscious; 2014-03-13 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    Except I haven't seen a single reasonable argument yet for no flying at all in Draenor, in this entire thread. It all boils down to either PvP or trying to tell other people that flying is no fun, when these exact people are telling you that flying is some of the most fun they're having in this game.
    You haven't seen any, in your opinion, reasonable arguments because you disagree with all of them. It works both ways, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    According to the statistics I have 50 posts in this thread, would be silly if didn't read any post.
    Which is why I'm so surprised at your apparent lack of knowledge about the subject at hand.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    No, it's not. You're either super fast yet flying is dangerous or you're slower than a ground mount and it's as safe as it is currently. That's called risk vs reward and I'm sorry you don't comprehend that.
    I'm fine with there being "danger" to flying. What I'm NOT fine with is making it SO dangerous and SO slow as to make it pointless, which is clearly your goal since you want flying removed entirely. Here's a hint: it's not gonna happen! So set your sights on something you can achieve instead of whining about the impossible never happening.

If you bothered to read my posts, I'm totally fine with increasing the "danger" of flying through adding flying mobs (there's a reason we have flying guards in cities now), and putting a cap on the maximum height at which you can fly.

What I'm not okay with is dumping so many restrictions on flying, that we've basically eliminated its use.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I'm laughing at everyone who is buying this shit. it is extremely hilarious.
    There aren't many things sadder than laughing at someone who's doing what he enjoys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they should just make flightless servers for people who think it would make a difference. I don't remember a greater sense of community before flying. In any case I don't have some nostalgic dream that the absence of flying will fix the game. There are plenty places without flying, and there was no flying while leveling, I didn't experience any nostalgia in these moments, I seldom saw other players and did not really interact with anyone. What you seek to reclaim is dead and gone or never existed. I highly doubt that sticking everyone on the ground will cure the game's ills.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomzter View Post
    Meh, the game will feel exactly the same but 3 times slower
    More or less.

Deleted
    Full support for no-flying. This is not a matter of discussion, you either like it or you don't and I doubt either side will change their mind by arguing about it.

And no, "if you don't like it, don't use it" is not a valid solution. I can't be bothered to explain why, because like I said before, it won't change your mind. This is not a solo game and it is crucial that every player is on equal ground. Either everybody flies (or else you're at a huge disadvantage/it has 0 effect on the world and game dynamic) or noone does.

I believe no-flying, even at this point would still turn out to be a positive change to the game, despite the initial wave of complaints that would follow.
    Last edited by mmoc2cfe61b4f1; 2014-03-13 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    Blizzard would have to make a bigger world for that, one that actually is attractive enough to make the player go out of the cities. Restricting our movement isn't the answer, a better developed world is.
    That would come at the cost of a raid tier...or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandore View Post
    Ya know if they banish all flying mounts then they better give me a hefty refund for all of the mounts I've made and bought! And don't give me any crap about "Oh you can use such and such as a ground mount" You think I crafted the Sky Golem to be a ground mount?! Let's tally up all the gold I've spent on mounts over the years shall we?

Geosynchrous World Spinner: 60K
    Depleted Kyparium Rocket: 60K
    Sandstone Drake: 32K
    Onyx Panther: 88K
    Ruby Panther: 22K
    Sapphire Panther: 22K
    Jade Panther: 22K
    Sunstone Panther: 22K

Sky Golem: Technically it didn't cost me anything since I crafted and gathered all the mats myself but I know it's gone as high as 25K on the auction house.

And even then this doesn't even include mounts I've bought off the black market!

Blue Drake: 22K
    Azure Drake: 40K

So yeah am I supposed to just sit here and be ok with not being able to use mounts I've spent all this gold on? Seriously?
    ita gold dude, its not real money, you made the discion to spend it, now its gone, good job? seriously, i paid 25$ for my skyreaver, i have NO PROBLEM w/ not being able to fly in WoD, i look forward to it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    Full support for no-flying. This is not a matter of discussion, you either like it or you don't and I doubt either side will change their mind by arguing about it.
    And no, "if you don't like it, don't use it" is not a valid solution. I can't be bothered to explain why, because like I said before, it won't change your mind. This is not a solo game and it is crucial that every player is on equal ground. Either everybody flies (or else you're at a huge disadvantage/it has 0 effect on the world and game dynamic) or noone does.
    So tell me why it's crucial everyone be on the ground again...?

We've always gotten flying after we've leveled, it's not like some people have had flying, while others haven't.. nor is that the solution being proposed.

Quote Originally Posted by isaaru View Post
    ita gold dude, its not real money, you made the discion to spend it, now its gone, good job? seriously, i paid 25$ for my skyreaver, i have NO PROBLEM w/ not being able to fly in WoD, i look forward to it
    So you mean 'groundreaver'..

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    First you can do already. Second isn't valid.
    How is it not valid?
    If it's one of the reasons he enjoys inability to fly, it's perfectly valid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by isaaru View Post
    That's stupid. You're saying players shouldn't have a problem paying money for things Blizz will just take away?

What if they took away your gear? You spent lots of time and money earning that, but now it's gone!
    What if they took away your rogues? Your horde toons?

Why on earth would anyone pay for a product, only to have the makers of that product some along and pull the wheels off it because a bunch of players QQed?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    That's stupid. You're saying players shouldn't have a problem paying money for things Blizz will just take away?

What if they took away your gear? You spent lots of time and money earning that, but now it's gone!
    What if they took away your rogues? Your horde toons?

Why on earth would anyone pay for a product, only to have the makers of that product some along and pull the wheels off it because a bunch of players QQed?
    Technically, they wouldn't be taking anything away from you. The premise in this case is that Blizzard would not add flying to the new continents. You would still be able to fly everywhere else.
    You die.
    You are dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Technically, they wouldn't be taking anything away from you. The premise in this case is that Blizzard would not add flying to the new continents. You would still be able to fly everywhere else.
    Flying was initially stated by Bashiok that it would be implemented in 6.1.

Therefore it was at least going to make it into the game.

Obviously recent twitter and forum posts by the staff have at the very least lead us to doubt that.

So yeah, long story longer, they may well be taking it away after tell us we'd have it.

There isn't any new content in other places, though.

It was already a hassle getting people to fly to vaults raid this expansion. Now we will be summoning the whole guild. That's if people still want to play this game in six plus months.