Thread: which proffs

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

which proffs

going to boost a 60 dk, which to proffs gives the most dps ?

Deleted
    so i guess your not going to be tanking since you are asking for dps.... frost or unholy? more info would be nice if you want a good answar...

http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/death-...ts-professions - here you can see which benefits you can get from the proff.
    Last edited by mmocb1225c5eb7; 2014-03-13 at 06:51 PM.

Deleted
    Engineering+BS

Quote Originally Posted by Zenxion78 View Post
    Engineering+BS
    I would keep engineering in WoD as Unholy too, because the utility is awesome, but with the removal of dot snapshotting in 6.0 you can expect to see the value of a burst trinket like the eng. gloves reduced compared to static boost professions. Ultimately, though, the difference in DPS between the best and worst profession is so small that using one ability at the right time, not the wrong one, probably makes up for it. Like, a few thousand DPS out of 250k, small.

Engineering isn't good because of dot snapshotting, it's good because it gives us mobility.

Deleted
    Im Engineering and Jewelcrafting although BS is prolly better than JC

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you happen to have a mining character, you can also go for JC + BS. It takes a ton of ghost iron, but you can level BS from just that getting the quest in your faction city in the Vale. As for JC; you're kind of screwed and just have to farm the older veins and prospect them.
    "Shit Happens" - Well, imagine if a pegasus had the bowel-control ability of a pigeon, there'd be a lot of cases saying the following: "Cause of Death: Killed by a giant flying piece of shit...."

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    Engineering isn't good because of dot snapshotting, it's good because it gives us mobility.
    Yes, and the moon is made of cheese.

Of course it's good because of DoT snapshotting. It's also good because you can combine Synapse Springs with another cooldown.

I guess I worded that pretty badly.

Yeah, synapse springs is great, but I'm far from the only dk who has used engineering since long before anyone cared about dot snapshotting.

wasn't so much about dot snapshotting as it was about stacking as many cds as possible

I guess I worded that pretty badly.

Yeah, synapse springs is great, but I'm far from the only dk who has used engineering since long before anyone cared about dot snapshotting.
    ...and that was what I was trying to say about "utility" -- a movement burst is great to have, since my frost/blood specs are otherwise so limited, and the glider. Oh, the glider. I shouldn't like it so much, and it most definitely shouldn't be saving my life as often as it does, no way.

Essentially, right now the stat bonus from engineering can be higher than other professions because it can be snapshotted to extend the duration well beyond the intended time, and because you can line it up with other cooldowns. Come 6.0 it is good if, and only if, you line it up with other cooldowns -- as in, good for burst, not so good for sustained damage.

Given there is a push to reduce burst damage in PvP, and the healer blog was pretty explicit that they are reducing boss burst damage, and looking at the spread of fights in the last few tiers where burst damage mattered more than sustained damage, I think generally that advantage is relatively small. Not zero, by any means, and frost will likely benefit the most from it, but overall sustained damage increase is probably > burst damage increase in WoD. Obviously, in my opinion.

Deleted
    dident say which dps spec couse am not sure which one i want to play yet thought tho that both dps specs earned as much frome proffs. think i will be going for bs/jc. mostly couse i do have a miner.

10+ Year Old Account
    The CD of Synapse springs lines up perfectly with the CD on pillar of frost (unless you have galakras trinket) for frost DKs. Extra burst for your burst.

Plus, you'd be surprised how often you find that the goblin glider and rocket boots come in handy.

Like, saves-your-life handy.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2014-03-14 at 09:56 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yetiman View Post
    If you happen to have a mining character, you can also go for JC + BS. It takes a ton of ghost iron, but you can level BS from just that getting the quest in your faction city in the Vale. As for JC; you're kind of screwed and just have to farm the older veins and prospect them.
    If the boosted char is lvl 60+, the main professions get boosted to 600 as well afaik. So he just needs to learn lvl 1 each.

Engineering for mobility and BS for extra sockets are probably your best options.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedda View Post
    If the boosted char is lvl 60+, the main professions get boosted to 600 as well afaik. So he just needs to learn lvl 1 each.

Engineering for mobility and BS for extra sockets are probably your best options.
    Oh, right, I'd forgotten about the prof boost for higher level chars, thanks for the reminder :P.

Mobility is always a bit of an issue, alas....
    "Shit Happens" - Well, imagine if a pegasus had the bowel-control ability of a pigeon, there'd be a lot of cases saying the following: "Cause of Death: Killed by a giant flying piece of shit...."

How is the glider useful in the last few raid tiers? Genuinely asking as I'm not sure exactly how it functions. Only thing I can think of is getting off the towers on Galakras or the belt on Blackfuse

Also are synapse springs functional in PVP?

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    How is the glider useful in the last few raid tiers?
    Jumping and hitting glider in midair will make you move slightly faster than running.

You can get hit by missiles on siegecrafter and glider in midair to move somewhere else pretty quickly.

You can glider after being hit by the knockback on juggernaut to stop yourself being knocked away.

Jumping and hitting glider in midair will make you move slightly faster than running.

You can get hit by missiles on siegecrafter and glider in midair to move somewhere else pretty quickly.

You can glider after being hit by the knockback on juggernaut to stop yourself being knocked away.
    Malk knock-up. Being able to instant-cast in mid-air also helps, so that you can, eg, strafe on the way down from the towers.

Personally, I get more benefit from it in world pvp and pve content than raid content, though. It saves my life a ton outside raids, and provides situational utility in raids.

Deleted
    just as a what if, for blood which proffs would it be then?

Would still be BS, but coupled probably with a stat buff prof like alch/scribe/ench...though I think LW pulls ahead because of that stam enchant being OP? Haven't paid much attention lately though.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.