Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Possible to get un banned?

Long story short I got myself perm banned from blizzard official forums and was wondering well since they are well known for their customer service and satisfaction I was wondering I may be able to talk to them to get myself un banned. My offences weren't serious just minor things but I guess their forums work on a simple 3 strikes system or something.

Yes my fault for doing I know but help me out here...

Nope. They gave you three chances to repent and you sinned three times. You must prove yourself responsible enough to regain the privilege of using the official fourms.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one here can really help you with this. I think it happens once in a while that they'll reverse themselves but is rare. You'll have to talk to them about it. For what it's worth being banned by Blizzard is something of a badge of honor with some. No idea why.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Prolly not but the official forums are terrible anyways. The atmosphere, the moderation, the trolls, everything is just shitty. You're ten times better on MMO-C or other fan sites.

I asked nicely about a year and a half after getting a permaban and they reduced it to a "final warning".

retired, another victim of warlords of draenor

I wonder what it is you do that makes you get permanently banned lol. Worst I got was a 72 hour ban in game for calling someone a jew in trade chat.
    1st May 2013-->1st April 2014
    105lb-->166lb
    Bench/Squat/Deadlift 1RMs - 20kg/20kg/40kg-->100kg/162.5kg/210kg

Running geneswests 5/3/1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by get big or die mirin View Post
    I wonder what it is you do that makes you get permanently banned lol. Worst I got was a 72 hour ban in game for calling someone a jew in trade chat.
    H'es talking about forum bans. Not in game bans.

COULD IT BE!? A FELLOW MISCER! *bro fist* I got banned from WoW forums a long time ago, not even three warnings. Something about mentioning lesbian scissoring. At any rate, I raised the ire of the Commissariat and my thoughtcrime was promptly... corrected.

EDIT: Crap just realized get big or die mirin didn't start the topic. So my bad OP for confusing you for a miscer.
    Last edited by PeterPanChainsawKiller; 2014-03-14 at 05:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy valmer View Post
    Long story short I got myself perm banned from blizzard official forums and was wondering well since they are well known for their customer service and satisfaction I was wondering I may be able to talk to them to get myself un banned. My offences weren't serious just minor things but I guess their forums work on a simple 3 strikes system or something.

Yes my fault for doing I know but help me out here...
    Judging by your sig I doubt it was minor. The forums are probably better off.

Only if you're a semi-famous streamer

10+ Year Old Account
    So chances are you got banned for doing several stupid things. So why do you want to go back?

Seems like you didnt contribute to much in the past, why not move on and just take up posting on a new site, it sucks to be banned but imo you lost your chance when you threw the other 2 chances away.
    60 Priest - Sinfel https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...eldorei/sinfel
    60 Mage - Redrayn https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...ldorei/redrayn

I used to have a cool signature, but now its limited it 6 lines and that has my boobs all twisted with anger!

Quote Originally Posted by citrique View Post
    I asked nicely about a year and a half after getting a permaban and they reduced it to a "final warning".
    Did you email or call them?

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okay View Post
    Prolly not but the official forums are terrible anyways. The atmosphere, the moderation, the trolls, everything is just shitty. You're ten times better on MMO-C or other fan sites.
    Agreed. I have at least 3 WoW forum permabans on various defunct accounts. Made my first post in years today that wasn't "WTB $foo, contact me in game", and remembered why I used to post that way. The WoW forums are a toxic cesspool. The only official MMO forums I'd consider worse are AOC (if that game even still exists).
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

Deleted
    create a new account, and follow the forum rules in future, sorry man

15+ Year Old Account
    My permaban (and pretty much all bans) was lifted when they released the new bnet based forums. Just wait until they replace the current forum engine again
    ps: I was permabanned for "breaking the NDA", I'm cool Actually I was just copy pasting some leaked infos, they took it very seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy valmer View Post
    Long story short I got myself perm banned from blizzard official forums and was wondering well since they are well known for their customer service and satisfaction
    Here's the thing-- they don't see your forum posting privileges as being required to enjoy the game. They're very willing to keep you off the forum if you prove that you don't belong there.

I say some very unkind things to other people on the forum and I've yet to get a warning. You had to have done something real bad to get banned.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    . For what it's worth being banned by Blizzard is something of a badge of honor with some. No idea why.
    It's the highly coveted Troll Scouts' merit badge for douchebaggery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

They are doing you a favor.

10+ Year Old Account
    It took me a year and a half to get unbanned. That's including about 4 appeals if I'm not mistaken. So yes, it's possible, but honestly not worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    No one here can really help you with this. I think it happens once in a while that they'll reverse themselves but is rare. You'll have to talk to them about it. For what it's worth being banned by Blizzard is something of a badge of honor with some. No idea why.
    Because they're very strict with the forums. Also, odd about it. It was never the comments I'd expect to get banned over that screwed me over.

I swear I could call Greg a shekel clutching worm, but then I'd get an infraction for some relevant post on the rogue forums instead.
    Last edited by Stuffs; 2014-03-14 at 07:26 AM.