Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    We've pretty much all looked the same for years anyway. I mean when you're playing WoW you don't really see the face of each character that clearly anyway unless you're in first person mode and right up in their face. That's even if they don't have their helmet on which in that case, if they do have it on, having the same face isn't even going to matter. This is why the same face "issue" doesn't bother me because we all already look like a bunch of clones running around. I mean, yeah, it's fun having lots of customizing options but in WoW's case, really, in all MMOs, having a different face really isn't going to matter all that much. Plus givin the fact that we're going to have facial animations now like the Pandarens, I'm not sure if it's even possible to have different unique faces for each race. Maybe that could be another reason why they added the option to use the old models instead of the new ones.

And you know, the thing is we've been wanting new models for a long time and here we're finally getting it and now we're giving Blizzard shit because the faces aren't different. I mean come on people, when is it going to be good enough for you just say "Yeah that's awesome! Thanks Blizzard" instead of "Yeah yeah, we have new models now but they're not good enough, make them better!" I mean geez, let off a little bit. Plus they're not even close to being done yet, the beta isn't even out yet nor has it even been announced when it's going to be out so they could've been working on different faces anyway. So just be patient about this.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2014-03-14 at 04:17 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    How about they finish all of the models first and release the expansion before we start complaining?
    Cause I totaly shouldn't say anything while you drive the car over a cliff, only after we hit the ground I should start telling you that the direction was wrong, not like I could've changed something way before.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Use of logic on this forum will get you infracted :P

On Topic: Most of the complainers fail to see that the variations in facial expression will be based on speaking or emoting. Also, won't most of us have our helm showing anyway?
    Most people don't show their helmets, facial expressions do not change that everyone would have the exact same damn face.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Most people don't show their helmets
    According to who?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Most people don't show their helmets, facial expressions do not change that everyone would have the exact same damn face.
    You want custom faces? Tell Blizz to steal the tech from SWTOR and leave out a Raid Tier.

To be fair, most of the different faces we have today are just different wrinkle sets. I'll take my Pandaren who's face actually moves over my Human who looks like a 3D cardboard cutout that can walk.

Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    That kind of logic has no place here.
    I REALLY does not, specially because people apply the paradigm of checking history and then applying recurrent behavior to probability.

Quote Originally Posted by Toiran View Post
    The difference is they were NEW,also four of the models being animals, much harder to design distinct yet recognisable faces.
    Lazy excuse. Here are the face options for GW2's female charr, an animal race.

Then you continue to customize in character creation by choosing height, physique, fur patterns, fur colors, fur pattern colors, type of horns, eye color, hair styles, hair colors and a whole host of sliders for eye angle, eye squint, iris size, eye size, brow placement, brow thickness, nose width at bridge, nose tip width, teeth size, tilt of jaw, tilt of muzzle, ear length, horn length, etc.

It's hard to find 2 characters that look the same.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    Lazy excuse. Here are the face options for GW2's female charr, an animal race.

Then you continue to customize in character creation by choosing height, physique, fur patterns, fur colors, fur pattern colors, type of horns, eye color, hair styles, hair colors and a whole host of sliders for eye angle, eye squint, iris size, eye size, brow placement, brow thickness, nose width at bridge, nose tip width, teeth size, tilt of jaw, tilt of muzzle, ear length, horn length, etc.

It's hard to find 2 characters that look the same.
    It's not impossible to create unique faces for beast races, but it is certainly a lot more difficult. Also keep in mind that GW2 was a brand new game, not an expansion - they had a lot longer to work on things than Blizzard do for WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    It's not impossible to create unique faces for beast races, but it is certainly a lot more difficult. Also keep in mind that GW2 was a brand new game, not an expansion - they had a lot longer to work on things than Blizzard do for WoD.
    I don't think anyone expected sliders for WoW's new models but face options have to be there. Anything less is just more of the same old over-promise under-deliver bullshit from Blizzard.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    This. How long was Guild Wars 2 in development? Almost longer than fucking Duke Nukem. I'm 100% sure they announced working on Guild Wars 2 when the second expansion was out for Guild Wars. So that's about 7 years of development. That's a hell of a lot longer than the 2-4 years for WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    How about they finish all of the models first and release the expansion before we start complaining?
    No, and as a customer you shouldn't EVER think that.

The idea is to stop a potential problem BEFORE it becomes a problem. Simply voicing a concern is not "rage-complaining/hating". Voicing it early MIGHT prevent a lot of headaches later on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    This. How long was Guild Wars 2 in development? Almost longer than fucking Duke Nukem. I'm 100% sure they announced working on Guild Wars 2 when the second expansion was out for Guild Wars. So that's about 7 years of development. That's a hell of a lot longer than the 2-4 years for WoD.
    ...Duke Nukem took literally almost two decades. I THINK that's a bit of an exaggeration.

- - - Updated - - -

You want custom faces? Tell Blizz to steal the tech from SWTOR and leave out a Raid Tier.
    ...I don't think custom faces would require the same expense as a full raid tier - and you damn well know that. Particularly as they simply have to just make "Updated" versions of the old existing eye/mouth/facial hair/hair sets (ie. They already have a basis for design)

Oh, and considering more and more players are giving up raiding and just doing LFR - I'd honestly think that might be a GOOD choice over a raid tier if it was the case. :P

There was a suggestion to give each of the new faces a different resting state and Bliz responded that they had something better in the works.

Have they shown the results of that something better?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karnak View Post
    There was a suggestion to give each of the new faces a different resting state and Bliz responded that they had something better in the works.

Have they shown the results of that something better?
    Presumably it will be the feature of the aforementioned artcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovich View Post
    Then it'd be far too late. People expected them to fix the female worgen. Look at it. Once it hits live they seemingly abandon the art. If there's no outcry then they'll just ignore it and move on.
    Female worgen got screwed up BECAUSE they listened to player whining, not because of a lack of it.... The models in alpha/beta looked more ferocious and more like wolves with different hairstyles.

Then players started complaining and they changed drastically.

The orc faces in the creation video had differences from what I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    I don't think anyone expected sliders for WoW's new models but face options have to be there. Anything less is just more of the same old over-promise under-deliver bullshit from Blizzard.
    They promised a revamp of the existing system and that's exactly what they've shown us. All of the old models had the same heads, only differences being protruding features like horns or ears that were not covered by the "face" option. Adding new facial meshes like they're implying due to feedback is over-delivering. The scope has crept wildly beyond what they originally promised if that's what they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    They promised a revamp of the existing system and that's exactly what they've shown us. All of the old models had the same heads, only differences being protruding features like horns or ears that were not covered by the "face" option. Adding new facial meshes like they're implying due to feedback is over-delivering. The scope has crept wildly beyond what they originally promised if that's what they're doing.

Is "scope" the new word of the forums? Like strawman and what was the other one.. oh.. cannon.

Ughhhh.

And I don't know about you but most of the faces on the old models look different to me. From the eyes to the shading on the face, to the noses.

I have a feeling one of the issues they're having creating same face is the fact that they have to give all of the models those huge round doll eyes to give them more options for animations... and if you give everyone the same eyes they're going to look a lot more similar.

Deleted
    Pandaren suffer from identical faces? Never noticed. Look, I get that it's a problem, I'm just saying it's a minor one, helmets are a thing and the vast majority of players play so zoomed out that they couldn't possibly tell the difference between one face and another, except in their character portrait.

For me personally physique and animations are far more important, different faces would be nice sure but it's just a minor thing

Also, the beta isn't even fucking out yet, calm your jets.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    To be fair, most of the different faces we have today are just different wrinkle sets. I'll take my Pandaren who's face actually moves over my Human who looks like a 3D cardboard cutout that can walk.
    They're just wrinkle sets that happen to create a noticeable distinction. The fact that the different painted faces apply to the same model doesn't diminish this effect of theirs. Sameface, even with moveable parts, on the other hand, still looks the same from one player to the other. Yes, pandarens' faces move, but they still move in the exact same way for everyone.
    People complain because right now, you can play a pandaren and I can play a human and both can be happy with it, but if all races will be like the pandaren, in the future I won't get to make such choices anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by TerrisT View Post
    Faces don't count much aside for you when look at character selection screen. if you're worried about what people see from you in game, it's your transmog. Won't change with the new models.
    But the new models will apply to all other players and to all NPCs of that particular race/gender combo. It's going to be particularly noticeable in an expansion that has so many orc characters at its center.
    I mean, look at the gameplay videos that were posted. Durotan and Thrall look almost identical, and while they may get new models because they're important dudes, Durotan's guards won't. Neither will the numerous other orcs we will encounter. The world of Warcraft will, essentially, have only ~20 different people in it once you take out the major lore characters

Use of logic on this forum will get you infracted :P

On Topic: Most of the complainers fail to see that the variations in facial expression will be based on speaking or emoting. Also, won't most of us have our helm showing anyway?
    Won´t most of us only see the chars from behind 99.9% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by BarosanuNr1 View Post
    They're just wrinkle sets that happen to create a noticeable distinction. The fact that the different painted faces apply to the same model doesn't diminish this effect of theirs. Sameface, even with moveable parts, on the other hand, still looks the same from one player to the other. Yes, pandarens' faces move, but they still move in the exact same way for everyone.
    People complain because right now, you can play a pandaren and I can play a human and both can be happy with it, but if all races will be like the pandaren, in the future I won't get to make such choices anymore.

But the new models will apply to all other players and to all NPCs of that particular race/gender combo. It's going to be particularly noticeable in an expansion that has so many orc characters at its center.
    I mean, look at the gameplay videos that were posted. Durotan and Thrall look almost identical, and while they may get new models because they're important dudes, Durotan's guards won't. Neither will the numerous other orcs we will encounter. The world of Warcraft will, essentially, have only ~20 different people in it once you take out the major lore characters
    Durotan and Thrall should look identical. They're Father and Son.