Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Janglybits View Post
    If their motivator was profit, they would have priced it at $20 and the service would have sold like mad. It's priced to be prohibitive, it's not a cash grab.
    They could prohibit it in another way besides making it more expensive. They could have a cooldown on it, only 2 90's per 6 months or something. Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas
    It's amazing how your views can change in a decade when your multi-billion dollar cash machine begins to sputter a bit. :P
    That was about a year ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    100 is the new level cap that will matter. All level 90 content is old now so even in the current state of things buying a 90 doesn't matter.
    This would actually mean something if this happened 6+ months from now when the expansion ACTUALLY comes out...

...but even then I've got to say it's kinda dubious that they're releasing the 90s RIGHT NOW. SIX MONTHS+ before the expansion.

If this was released AT the launch of WoD? Totally understandable (indeed, I thought that would be the case). But right now we're still in for at LEAST a half a year of level 90 content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Randec View Post

That was about a year ago.
    ...even FUNNIER! :P

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    this is pretty funny, if you look at it. I cant say how even blizzard worshipers can look at this and not laugh. They basically went back on their word after a year. If a politician did this, all hell would break loose.

This is just, I laughed
    politicians do it weekly....

but blizz implements something that has been requested for a long time, and now complainers complain just to complain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    Aaaaand here come the Blizzard apologists.

There's no such thing as a contradiction when Blizzard says it!
    I hated Pizza when I was a kid, I love it now. We can all change our stance on something.

I hate blizzards decision with my heart, but this post was manipulated.

The GM said much more and it was edited to ppl without brains to believe in the bold sections.

It was stated clearly that the game is blizz property and if blizzard wanted to powerlevel they could offer it. The same goes for inflation and gold selling (which btw is announced in the ads).

It's beyond me why is so difficult to forget wow, it's always the bashing in a product that surpassed its prime a long ago, it's just getting comfortable to go F2P.

And most important, Blizz is the owner and all decisions are reserved to them to make, and this is coming from a blizz hater, so the point here is, let it go...

If you have braincells, EvE is cool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Randec View Post
    They could prohibit it in another way besides making it more expensive. They could have a cooldown on it, only 2 90's per 6 months or something. Whatever.
    I think the price pretty much enforces a cooldown, lol. You'll be hard pressed to find people willing to buy more than one boost.

this is pretty funny, if you look at it. I cant say how even blizzard worshipers can look at this and not laugh. They basically went back on their word after a year. If a politician did this, all hell would break loose.

This is just, I laughed
    WHAT? politicians do this all the damn time and they run the country.

sense, you're making none!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    I hated Pizza when I was a kid, I love it now. We can all change our stance on something.
    haha same here i would never touch a pizza the thought of the tomato made me wretch now i love a good pizza xD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    Aaaaand here come the Blizzard apologists.

There's no such thing as a contradiction when Blizzard says it!
    As for Power leveling (meaning someone plays the character for you), there are many in-game and promotion related options available to help you level, to get a friend into the game, but much of it still needs to be done by you.
    To me, that reads that they'll get you close to the cap but there will still need to be work done by the player. Be it finishing off the cap or otherwise.

There's two strong statements to be made about that. First, 90 is the current cap, soon to be old cap, so, the work will lie in the grind to 90. They aren't giving us level 100's where the work is all done, we've still got to lay a lot of work down.

Then the second, which I've mentioned before, is that they're possibly making a push away from leveling all together. The first reason to consider this is because they pushed to lvl 100 this expansion, rather than 5 again. The first time they've done it since TBC. At level 100 you can say "Alright, we did it, now time to move onto a new way of character progression", this is just an extension of phasing out the often mundane and tedious leveling, making room for new progress to be made on a personal level with characters.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    I think the price pretty much enforces a cooldown, lol. You'll be hard pressed to find people willing to buy more than one boost.
    There's lots of people with lots of money, man. I could easily afford more than one boost and I'm far from rich. There are many people who can afford to buy a 90 of whatever class is OP when WoD is released. I don't think it's fair for them to have an advantage because they spend money.
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman2500 View Post
    Since when were people not allowed to change their opinions?
    Oh come on, one thing is to change your opinion another is to completely sellout. Blizzard has no 'dignity as gamers' they have always been about the profits. People are now finally questioning just what is in the Kool-aid they have been drinking all these years.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

People still care about boosted 90s?
    Move on with your life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    WHAT? politicians do this all the damn time and they run the country.

sense, you're making none!

- - - Updated - - -

haha same here i would never touch a pizza the thought of the tomato made me wretch now i love a good pizza xD
    Not when running for office they dont
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

People have wanted ways to skip leveling for a while, especially as it becomes more and more of a burden. At that time they were stubbornly clinging to the idea that people needed to level over and over to play the game properly. They were wrong, and are now correcting that mistake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    People have wanted ways to skip leveling for a while, especially as it becomes more and more of a burden. At that time they were stubbornly clinging to the idea that people needed to level over and over to play the game properly. They were wrong, and are now correcting that mistake.
    mistake was catering the game to people like you.
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman2500 View Post
    Since when were people not allowed to change their opinions?
    It has little to do with changing an opinion and PR publishing bullshit to appease minds. After the pay 60$ for a level 90 came out, more PR bullshit came out justifying it in a way that got people on board and still made it sound like Blizzard is a company made up of gamers!

mistake was catering the game to people like you.
    And yet catering the game to people like him is what keeps the game going.

But you'll be unsubbing and playing one of those other wow killers soon so why do you care.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    lol We got another Blizzard basher do we? haha. The game has aged my friend, what made sense then doesn't make sense now. Get with the times.

Oh and almost forgot *Here's a lollipop* Next.
    it has aged indeed... by what.... two content patches?

hold on a second.

when buying the 90 boost blizzard is playing you toon and you pay them for that, similar to how you pay a site to level you toon for you... so basicly det blizzard is selling power leveling and advocating it, yes ofc that post is 1 year ago but thta's a major stance change in a year and while im at it no im not a blizz/wow fanboi or hater i tend to keep myself on the fence always. in all honesty i dont really like it and i dont care for it.

yes i considered the fact that new or returning players dont wana grind 1-90 or x-90 they just want to play with their friends and i understand it. but just immagine people that return and try to level up alts and dont have £35 or $60 to spare to skip leveling those people will only be able to level via questing as hardly any1 will be doing low level dungeons anymore.
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2014-03-15 at 01:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edmorte View Post
    I hate blizzards decision with my heart, but this post was manipulated.

The GM said much more and it was edited to ppl without brains to believe in the bold sections.

It was stated clearly that the game is blizz property and if blizzard wanted to powerlevel they could offer it. The same goes for inflation and gold selling (which btw is announced in the ads).
    I linked the original post, and clearly stated that I made the emphasis (bold portions). I don't think the entire original post is necessary, contextually.

Also, this wasn't some one off from a rebellious rogue agent. Blizzard had said stuff like this for years as I recall. Nobody else remembers Blizzard making official statements of a similar nature? Maybe I'm mistaken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    And yet catering the game to people like him is what keeps the game going.

But you'll be unsubbing and playing one of those other wow killers soon so why do you care.
    Oooooor it's what put it on the path to destruction in the first place?