Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    Are you Shattering Throw at pull - it makes a large difference.

my rotation is pot > ST > Cry+Charge > CS > Enrage > Sweeping> Wrek+SB > BS > Thunderclap

I usually get top dps at pull

I just realized ur fury - and the rotation is totally different - ignore me I is dumb.
    Why would you shout that late? You can shout 5-6 seconds pre pull and not waste the GCD as you charge. pot & ST ~2sec pre pull.

Now your opening rotation: I haven't played Arms for quite some time but why don't you MS before CS and why do you TC after BS? TC into BS should yield more DPS due to more DW ticks unless I'm completely missing something.

PS: I hope you realise that the ST debuff is mostly wasted for us anyway due to CS (0*0.8 still remains 0)

The first wave of adds on Garrosh will usually die before our Bladestorm ends. As Arms this means that you have to chose between tc+1-2ticks of DW and 2ticks of Bladestorm. In general the extra ticks from BS is worth more than the other option.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    Are you Shattering Throw at pull - it makes a large difference.

my rotation is pot > ST > Cry+Charge > CS > Enrage > Sweeping> Wrek+SB > BS > Thunderclap

I usually get top dps at pull

I just realized ur fury - and the rotation is totally different - ignore me I is dumb.
    That Shat Throw is only going to be a buff for the other physical damage dealers in your raid, CS negates the benefit. Use it during the countdown and you aren't losing anything, just won't gain any either.

I recommend keybinding your prepot and Shout, works well so you don't waste a GCD. Also SB is pretty wasted as Arms, Bloodbath would be much better.

Think he means Skull Banner.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Regarding shattering throw.

If you are going to use it, you're not using it to boost your personal dps--at least significantly. However, if used so that it overlaps colossus smash, it does decrease your personal dps ever so slightly due to pausing autoattacks for 1.5~ seconds. If used very soon after the colossus smash debuff falls off, the 20% armor reduction will negate this personal dps loss.

With that being said, shattering throw is best used as a raid dps increase. The next question here is, when is the best time to use it? Shattering throw has a 5 minute cooldown.

Most people think heroism is the best time, and that's technically correct; however, it's only correct because of something else that occurs during it: Hunter Stampede.

When looking at every ability in the game, there is not a single ability that does as much damage in a continuous 10 second timeframe as stampede.

http://www.simulationcraft.org/repor....html#sim-info
    This is a list of how much damage every ability does when used. So when a BM Hunter uses stampede, that's 4.8 million damage over 20 seconds (2.4 million over 10 seconds). Looking over the top 20 abilities, and removing the abilities that are not reduced by armor (Magic/bleeds) and Hunters actually have the top 2 burstiest abilities in the game that are also reduced by armor. Stampede (3-5 minute cd, CDR) and Murder of Crows (30 seconds), and they are #1/2 by a landslide.

(Storm bolt is #3, but doesn't really count as we use it inside colossus smash)

There is also a lot of synergy with combining shattering throw and stampede:
    1: Stampede lasts 20 seconds, so you have 10 seconds of leeway to toss in shattering throw.
    2: It's mega-obvious when a hunter uses stampede, as the horn noise is about the loudest thing in the game.
    3: If you have multiple hunters in your raid, they will be timing stampede with their CDR-trinket proc, which is fairly consistent and means that your shattering throw could possibly enhance 2-4 stampedes at once.

(The small green "ticks" are stampede casts, the other green shading is my shattering throw.)

And the results:

It adds 1.5k per attack per pet per second. (1.5k * 5 * 5 * 10) = 375k damage increase, or a 37.5k raid dps gain per hunter using stampede there.

All other specs with physical damage gain similar amounts of damage regardless of when shattering throw is used. Killing Spree has decent synergy with shattering throw, but the duration is extremely short, rogues are never as synchronized as hunters are with the usage, and they use it often enough (every 35-40 seconds) that there's actually a decent chance that it will just accidentally line up anyway.

Feral damage is concentrated in bleeds.

Enhancement/ret burst are mostly magic-based.

DKs have no burst.

DPS Monks are such a rare unicorn that no one knows what to do when one of them is in the raid.

Warrior burst is concentrated inside of CS, which already has 0 armor. Plus, if you raid with another warrior who's worth a damn, your colossus smash usage will have significant amounts of overlap. Noted here:

So as long as you use shattering outside of colossus smash, you are helping him out as well.

Summary: Use Shattering Throw when you hear the horn.

Well damn, time to become best friends with hunters! :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    Well damn, time to become best friends with hunters! :P
    More like they should be/become best friends with you

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    More like they should be/become best friends with you
    Too bad they don't have anything to give in return, like tricks of the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    Too bad they don't have anything to give in return, like tricks of the trade.
    Good thing all of these abilities are going away with WoD and removing the choice of who to (or not to) boost!

I know some people will hate on it, saying that it undermines cooperative gameplay, but anyone who has been in a group with players who go out of their way not to buff them will know where I am coming from. There are even players out there who purposefully will not buff others, whether it is detrimental to themselves/the group or not.

By removing the choice it puts everyone on a much more level playing field and that is something I appreciate. Cooperative gameplay is only beneficial when players cooperate.

You'll hear no complaints from me with the damage buff getting removed.