Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think if they made farming mats have a stack size of like 200 things would be Waaay better. They already have Kyparite working like this why not change all ores. Potions, cloth, food ect would be amazing if they stacked to 200

Quote Originally Posted by z4x View Post
    Wait, so the thing that its hardcoded means they cannot fix it? Do they not have programmers or what?
    Oh, it'll be easy to add a bigger one. However they still need to preserve all the data stored in the current iteration as well. They not only need to reprogram it, they need to alter the inventory database while preserving existing data. And with the latest numbers that more than 100 million people have played the game, that's between 100 million and 5 BILLION characters they need to make sure keep their backpack items.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Yes, changing the 10 year old code from 16 to 32 is VERY HARD coding... wait its not - you just replace a fucking number....
    Why are you not working at Blizzard again?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    I am a programmer, and I can tell you it isn't that hard. If they are able to implement new character models, they are capable of increasing the size of bags much easier.

They have good reasons to not do so, though. For one it costs money, and they don't want to spend a cent if it doesn't gain them money.
    I also am a programmer, and I can tell you that it CAN be that hard because we don't know shit about the games core code. Basic rule of "don't fix what ain't broken".

10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy MV4478-87, Vontos cluster, Alpha Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by vholu View Post
    I also am a programmer, and I can tell you that it CAN be that hard because we don't know shit about the games core code. Basic rule of "don't fix what ain't broken".
    I got an better one for our cause: "do not fix something you dont know shit about"

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    I think if they made farming mats have a stack size of like 200 things would be Waaay better. They already have Kyparite working like this why not change all ores. Potions, cloth, food ect would be amazing if they stacked to 200
    This could help too, but I'm assuming there's a reason why.
    At least make tomes stack over 20, I'm trying to carry 40 to delete them when I'm out of space.

10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy MV4478-87, Vontos cluster, Alpha Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    This could help too, but I'm assuming there's a reason why.
    At least make tomes stack over 20, I'm trying to carry 40 to delete them when I'm out of space.
    Or make some items BoE/BoA already. I´m tired of carrying tons of Spirits or Burdens where i dont have use for them.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    Or make some items BoE/BoA already. I´m tired of carrying tons of Spirits or Burdens where i dont have use for them.
    Don't remind me of burdens...I got like 5-7 of them on my shaman who was in regular SoO gear at the time when my alts needed them badly...

But yeah, hoping at least the toy box and whatnot will fix some of this at least, my paladin's bank is full of nonsense.

If anything, the toy box will definitely give more room in the short term and long term than allowing you to change your default backpack.

Deleted
    WE dont know anything about their code, but if it was my code I would fix it in one day, why wouldnt they?

What is so hard in moving few bytes of data from one array to another?

stacks are being increased to from 20 to like 100. toy items are getting their own tab like pets and mounts.

i see no problems with bag space anymore.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grahamington View Post
    Really? Seems like it wouldn't be that hard.
    Why please tell how much you know behind hardcoded programming languages....

- - - Updated - - -

WE dont know anything about their code, but if it was my code I would fix it in one day, why wouldnt they?

What is so hard in moving few bytes of data from one array to another?
    WE dont know anything about their code.
    You pretty much answered yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven2011 View Post
    It got something to do with the coding they said it take a lot of work to fix
    I seem to remember reading something saying exactly this.

Deleted
    Wows coding has been revealed for more than a few years now.
    Last edited by mmocc25885c265; 2014-03-15 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamington View Post
    Really? Seems like it wouldn't be that hard.
    I thought that as well, but blizz has since changed practically everything in the past 9 of the 10 years but that, I'm inclined to believe it must have some issue.

My surprise comes in the form of wondering what kind of rediculous programming happened to cause THAT much of a problem

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly think this whole "losing items from the revamp" argument is rather silly.

Don't get me wrong, I completely understand where blizzard is coming from in regards to recoding the bag slot, as it could potentially screw up some base code in the game's infrastructure and cost them even more, but people saying that people could also potentially lose items from it seem to be overlooking very simple methods of fixing that issue, that have even been used in other games.

Case and point: Path of Exile.

In Path of Exile, every few months or so a new tier of server is created, and the old one is removed or implemented into the normal server models.

The problem that occurs though is that both server tiers have two completely different bank systems and are not shared, which is done to prevent cheating by having all of your good items in the bank when you have to reroll a new character every time. Thus, you have two whole different banks filled with two sets of loot.

The solution, that Grinding Gear Games came up with, was rather straightforward: When the season ends and the tier is removed, the characters and the banks they had are moved into the normal server group and merged.

Sound Familiar? The problem would then be that you have two bank slots full of data, so how do you decide what gets saved and what gets removed?

You Don't...

They had a brilliant idea of adding TEMPORARY TABS to the banking system, which moves all of the items from the tier server banks to the normal servers, which allow you to withdraw from the banks but then are unable to put them back in the tab. When the tab is empty, it finally deletes itself, which then means you are left with the original four you start with in normal mode.

Blizzard could easily do a very similar tactic by removing everyone's items from their 16 slot and put it in a temporary bank tab that gets deleted when it empties, which means everyone's data, including people who don't come back until years later, can be saved without hassle.

The only argument that's left is the hard coding breaking other features in the game, the "losing data" aspect should be a non-issue at this point.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    stacks are being increased to from 20 to like 100. toy items are getting their own tab like pets and mounts.

i see no problems with bag space anymore.
    Until they add new crap to fill your bags up again

Remember, the value of a toy tab didn't mean much until MoP came and FLODDED us with toys! :P

Remember a day we thanked them for void storage too to fix out inventory problems :P

Quote Originally Posted by Haven2011 View Post
    It got something to do with the coding they said it take a lot of work to fix
    If takes alot of work to fix that it just means the coding is extremely bad.
    If they did it properly they would've just made it a normal bad slot and put it on some kind of lock.
    And no, it's not more difficult than I am making it seem. If it really takes alot of work they just did it badly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

It is really hard to change and this is the reason.

They would have to store every single item from your bank/bag/equipped items, doing so for few million characters is in fact, really hard.
    From this picture you can see that they first made armor slots, after that they coded the bag.
    So your armor/weapon slots including bag slots is stored in same array.

Note: Keyring bag was hard coded as well, but all they had to do to fix keyring is to reduce array, as it was completely removed so there was nothing to loose.
    Last edited by Shaqur; 2014-03-15 at 07:43 PM.

just add an extra bag slot or make the new bags 40 slot bags

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    If takes alot of work to fix that it just means the coding is extremely bad.
    If they did it properly they would've just made it a normal bad slot and put it on some kind of lock.
    And no, it's not more difficult than I am making it seem. If it really takes alot of work they just did it badly.
    No, the coding is not bad. Character is supposed to have internal storage of any kind, they didn't think it will get this out of control, also it is difficult. See picture on Page 5.