Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Why is the gaming community and people in LFR in general incompetent?

Just got kicked from LFR for wanting to not waste time and kick a 530+ geared shaman who was afking every boss fight.

I was complaining about him since the beginning of the LFR and finally by the first wipe on Garrosh we kicked him. Then some individuals decide they've had enough of my "bitching" (when I clearly just wanted to not waste time and get a competent 6th healer so we could down him and all get loot, the thing we were there to do), and they kicked me.

General rant about poor logic.

Oh, and I was top healer on the only attempt on Garrosh by a large margin. At 502 ilvl. Please use brains people.

Generally people complain here about LFR and twist the story in their favour/ leave out key parts.

If I'm forced into the decision of booting the AFK'er or the consistent complainer, I would boot the consistent complainer every time.

I stayed away from LFR for a good long time until recently I started my Legendary quest on my alt. Other than that, I avoid it like the plague.

There are 4 difficulty levels of raiding in WoW: LFR, flex, normal and heroic.
    Don't be surprised when you meet a lot of dumb and/or bad wow players in the lowest bracket, which is LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    Generally people complain here about LFR and twist the story in their favour/ leave out key parts.
    The key parts I left out:

I never insulted or directly offended anyone in party.

I complained about time wasting and the afk healer. All worthy complaints.

Some people post replies on this forum looking to start arguments. I merely want to state general awareness for people ruining other people's game play. People are allowed to complain about the afker. If you don't want to hear it, ignore them. You don't boot the top healer when he invested 1+ hr and you're on the last boss.

Thanks for the oh so contributing response.

10+ Year Old Account
    To start with, half of everyone is below average. That has something to do with it.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Rupart View Post
    The key parts I left out:

I never insulted or directly offended anyone in party.

I complained about time wasting and the afk healer. All worthy complaints.

Some people post replies on this forum looking to start arguments. I merely want to state general awareness for people ruining other people's game play. People are allowed to complain about the afker. If you don't want to hear it, ignore them. You don't boot the top healer when he invested 1+ hr and you're on the last boss.

Thanks for the oh so contributing response.
    Enough people thought you were more worthy of a boot than the guy you were complaining about.

Not sure why the gaming community is being addressed here.

LFR sucks. The people in LFR suck. The entire concept is rendered null and void by spending 5 minutes on OpenRaid to find a flex group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most lfrs only wipe once or twice per raid, but the community blows the extreme cases out of proportion. I dont even blame the scrubs for wipes. I blame the lazy entitled people who think they can get carried. The scrubs don't know any better, and haven't had anyone to teach them. I wish upon dinging 90/max level a link would open up to a class/spec guide to teach you how to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    If I'm forced into the decision of booting the AFK'er or the consistent complainer, I would boot the consistent complainer every time.

I stayed away from LFR for a good long time until recently I started my Legendary quest on my alt. Other than that, I avoid it like the plague.
    This.. You don't need everyone to be performing, well, at all to accomplish anything in LFR.. So I would much rather get it done as peacefully as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    You go to the lowest difficulty level of a raid designed for 4th class citizens and expect to find the most skilled among the elite?
    Your question answers itself, if they weren't incompetent they wouldn't be in LFR.

Deleted
    If they kicked you for bitching then you were probably bitching. It's ok to ask the raid to kick someone if he's afk, but you were probably exaggerating and being overly dramatic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    To start with, half of everyone is below average. That has something to do with it.
    Really constructive comment.

You said it yourself. You had your first wipe on Garrosh. Which means the other 23 members spent 35 minutes listening to you cry as bosses died, and a 2 minute deathrun ´maybe´ because of the low dps of the shaman. So tell me, who made their time more annoying?

My opinion is that as long as bosses die without wipes, nobody should mention gear/dps or whatever. Once you wipe, then maybe someone pulls up numbers for that fight or possibly mentions some mechanism that is being missed.

But nothing is more annoying, not even a death run, than some guy who constantly cries about dps for no reason as bosses fall over. And the fact that you started a thread on a fansite about it really indicates how much crying you were probably doing in chat.

Deleted
    Just got kicked from LFR for wanting to not waste time and kick a 530+ geared shaman who was afking every boss fight.

I was complaining about him since the beginning of the LFR and finally by the first wipe on Garrosh we kicked him. Then some individuals decide they've had enough of my "bitching" (when I clearly just wanted to not waste time and get a competent 6th healer so we could down him and all get loot, the thing we were there to do), and they kicked me.

Oh, and I was top healer on the only attempt on Garrosh by a large margin. At 502 ilvl. Please use brains people.
    Don't do LFR then. Join a guild and get them to boost you in Flex. I haven't sat foot in LFR with my newer chars, because Flex can be done at 500 with a few higher geared players carrying the group.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP you are apart of the problem in the gaming community.

As a rule, people who complain "from the beginning of the LFR, on"

are not people I enjoy talking to, spending time around, or even seeing. It's an LFR for gods sake. You need maybe 15 people to do their job correctly to pull it off.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Talks about other people being incompetent, title doesn't even make sense. #logic.
    Aye mate

not waste time
    That's a concept most users in lfr don't really care for. People got used to the fact that regardless of what they do they will get their rewards because there is someone else to carry them and this is how blizzard wants it. So to keep some sort of sanity there just do what everyone else does and press a button about every 10 seconds or just stick at someone preferably a class without too many movementspeed increases or mobility tools and enjoy the show.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2014-03-16 at 06:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    Really constructive comment.
    It has the benefit of being true and answers the question in the thread title. Unlike your comment. It's something people who post here either can't wrap their head around or don't understand.

It's against my nature to just shut up when I see bad behavior in Raid Finder but I've learned that when I'm in there for whatever reason--rare enough the last few months--I keep quiet and if it's too terrible I simply bail. Raid Finder isn't worth creating drama. If I notice someone AFK, I'll whisper the group leader once about it and then keep things to myself. But it's better not to go if you don't have a reason to.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."