Deleted

Ret Pally slow lvling?

Hi there,

What's up with paladin's dmg at low lvls? I'm 88 atm, trying to lvl up but damn, I'm hitting for ~15k, 25k crits. My warlock on lvl 81 does twice the dmg. Takes ages to kill anything. I'm using strength gear and using all the abilities. No idea what's wrong. I even lvled faster with my resto druid
    Last edited by Krekko; 2014-03-09 at 02:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your weapon might be the problem. Have you upgraded it recently? Weapons are one of the biggest upgrades for ret paladins.
    Last edited by Lewka; 2014-03-09 at 04:55 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Post your Armory, could help us find potential problems.

But, as Lewka says, your weapon, and gear, might just be simply lacking.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Deleted
    Thanks guys, here's my armory link:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Myshak/simple

Just noticed I have no glyphs :S gonna add some now. Anyway, I'm gonna replace my weapon with an epic one as soon as I ding 90, but if you find in my profile something that is completely out of place, please let me know - I'm a noob when it comes to paladin :S Cheers

Deleted
    Simple boe greens aren't that strong and your trinkets do suck big time. But then again when I leveled my paladin, I did notice that for example templars verdict was a really pathetic ability that hit like a normal auto-attack. Perhaps you should respec to tank and kill mobs with big pulls? Or just dungeon your way to 90.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ret is very gear dependent on its performance. If you can keep in dungeon blues while leveling it should help a bit. Remember Haste>Mastery>Crit. Also are you keeping Inquisition up? That's 30% boost to all Holy Damage.
    Patience is a virtue. I never claimed to be virtuous.

Get Inquistion glyph so you wont have to refresh ability every 60 sec. Take Divine Purpose instead of Holy Avenger to get sustained dmg and to cut some down time in rotation. Replace your trinkets, you can buy 378 IL trinkets from adventures vendor. You can find one Adventures vendor for MoP green gear in the first village in Vally of four winds. As soon as you enter the zone from the east ( first flight path) you should find vendor there so you can replace your trinkets.

Rest is as ppl said wep is your major upgrade, the better wep you can get easyer it will get and after wep make sure you get good trinkets.

you should try to collect this weapon http://www.wowhead.com/item=86523 with your main
    would be a good boost 4free

The problem is that you're not leveling as prot.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Ret was, and sounds like it still is, dreadful to level as in MoP.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

If you think ret is boring to level you should be forced to level up to 60 auto attacking and then to 70 with only crusader strike with no heirlooms, short buff seals, and unnerfed xp requirements.

Dreadful to level. you have got to be kidding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bsod View Post
    you should try to collect this weapon http://www.wowhead.com/item=86523 with your main
    Gross. Why use a nasty 450 weapon that requires 86 when you can use the lvl 85 471 archeology spear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bsod View Post
    Gross. Why use a nasty 450 weapon that requires 86 when you can use the lvl 85 471 archeology spear.

- - - Updated - - -

Also your largest mistake is not even buying the heirloom weapon to level the class with. Nevermind that the heirloom axe is 3.8 speed which compared to the normal 3.6's you run across is extremely insane for damage output.

Low level damage is pretty seriously imbalanced, I wouldn't worry about it. Wait until you get to 90 and geared.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I don't see any Bind-on-account gear, guessing your either don't know about them or haven't farmed the jp. The arch polearm is great to get, but time consuming, if you just want to get the toon to 90. You can get the weapons from dread wastes at your level.

links for easy weaps:
    Swarming Cleaver of Ka'roz
    Malik's Stalwart Spear
    Spear of Xuen (arch weapon, takes some time but doable and you get xp for solves)

There is also an instance weapon you can get at your level:
    Ghostheart

There are various quest reward items, but I won't link them. Check the ah for greens as well. The greens stop at level 88, minus the Isle of thunder and timeless isle green drops. Good Luck and happy leveling.
    Last edited by tanktank; 2014-03-17 at 03:15 AM. Reason: clarification
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomken View Post
    Everytime I try to Que for LFR, the game completely crashes. WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    It's probably trying to save you a headache.

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I also have a lvl 88 Paladin. I'm curious to know if it's possible for either Ret or Prot to deal enough dmg on the Timeless Isle mob swarms to survive. This seems to be a common method for hunter lvling, but I have no clue for Paladin. Just trying to cut out the 88-90 questing seeing as how I've done it a few times already.

And as already mentioned, leveling prot is also viable, OP. Super easy to find dungeon groups, but I'm not sure how FAST your questing experience would be.

For OP, for ret weapon dps is usually one of the biggest upgrades possible so yes even an AGI polearm if it has a lot more weapon damage then your current weapon is still an upgrade even though its agi instead of crit (I leveled mine up the entire way with the BoA agi polearm from archaeology)

Quote Originally Posted by Xeonii View Post
    I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I also have a lvl 88 Paladin. I'm curious to know if it's possible for either Ret or Prot to deal enough dmg on the Timeless Isle mob swarms to survive. This seems to be a common method for hunter lvling, but I have no clue for Paladin. Just trying to cut out the 88-90 questing seeing as how I've done it a few times already.

And as already mentioned, leveling prot is also viable, OP. Super easy to find dungeon groups, but I'm not sure how FAST your questing experience would be.
    Don't really know about killing them under max level but if you have friends that owe you favors just tag mobs and have them kill them for you will your not in their group that way you get max XP