10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Well. On a more productive note...

Could someone decent at photoshop whip up a Frost Azotha with colour similar to the Frost Vrykul?

Would be an interesting experiment.
    But there are no frost Azotha at least that we know

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    But there are no frost Azotha at least that we know
    There are no surviving Azotha at all that we know of.

It's not so ludicrous to assume that if Azotha still survived in pockets somewhere, they could retain some ancestral phenotypes lost in the main Human populace.

It is not so impossible to imagine that other Vrykul variants may have had the same problem with undersized offspring that would be shipped off with the rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are no surviving Azotha at all that we know of.

It's not so ludicrous to assume that if Azotha still survived in pockets somewhere, they could retain some ancestral phenotypes lost in the main Human populace.

It is not so impossible to imagine that other Vrykul variants may have had the same problem with undersized offspring that would be shipped off with the rest.
    True.... also we don't really know how Azotha looks, we just know they are bigger than humans and smaller than Vrykuls XD

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    True.... also we don't really know how Azotha looks, we just know they are bigger than humans and smaller than Vrykuls XD
    We don't even know that.

The lore we have just basically says they were Humans.

However, it wouldn't be too strange if they had retained various features in some parts of their population that other Humans didn't. That sort of thing happens all the time in RL.

Blue-skinned Frost Azotha could be a possible variant in any hypothetical surviving Azotha population, as well as Azotha descendants of any other breeding Vrykul population. I could expect some to have the various odd Vrykul eye colours found in a few, like yellow and orange, as well as anything else like that. Like the weird grey or greenish skin tones some of them have.

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't even know that.

The lore we have just basically says they were Humans.

However, it wouldn't be too strange if they had retained various features in some parts of their population that other Humans didn't. That sort of thing happens all the time in RL.

Blue-skinned Frost Azotha could be a possible variant in any hypothetical surviving Azotha population, as well as Azotha descendants of any other breeding Vrykul population. I could expect some to have the various odd Vrykul eye colours found in a few, like yellow and orange, as well as anything else like that. Like the weird grey or greenish skin tones some of them have.
    That's even more sad, i have never liked the idea of Azotha as human subraces cause we don't know much about them and we don't have any type of image or something that could tell us how they look

the azotha dont actually exist. was just some stuff from the rpg books.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the azotha dont actually exist. was just some stuff from the rpg books.

And Blizzard can make them exist again if they wish/if the community asks for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    And Blizzard can make them exist again if they wish/if the community asks for them.
    Yes, something like that.

The idea of there being a few remnant Human populations, which hadn't been swallowed up by the various Arathi founded kingdoms, isn't too hard a concept to follow.

Nor is the idea that these isolated populations could retain physiological traits amongst them that are no longer found in the Human kingdoms. That sort of thing happens all the time.

One could even expect them to have a sort of Vrykul derived culture, but obviously altered as would be expected from all the various conditions.

Would be a relatively easy way to come up with a Human subrace with hints of that Vrykul aesthetic some people like.

In terms of the Azotha, I envisioned them to be viking themed Humans. I'm saying, big beards, snarlier faces, runic tattoos, hairier chests. They don't necessarily have to be larger or blue. I will post the mockup of a female Azotha that I did a while back when I get home.
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    In terms of the Azotha, I envisioned them to be viking themed Humans. I'm saying, big beards, snarlier faces, runic tattoos, hairier chests. They don't necessarily have to be larger or blue. I will post the mockup of a female Azotha that I did a while back when I get home.
    Well, I didn't say they would have to be blue. I just suggested that there could be a few among them with the more unusual Vrykul colours which aren't found in other Humans. Some Vrykul have odd grey skin and such. Making them all blue would be a little silly. I'm just suggesting possible variety that could be worked with.
    Last edited by KrakHed; 2014-03-16 at 04:10 PM.

Well, I didn't say they would have to be blue. I just suggested that there could be a few among them with the more unusual Vrykul colours which aren't found in other Humans. Some Vrykul have odd grey skin and such. Making them all blue would be a little silly. I'm just suggesting possible variety that could be worked with.
    Yeah, I understood the Frost Vrykul part, I just wanted to emphasize that Vrykul could be incorporated into the Alliance as a Human Sub-race without them being big. A Frost-Azotha would be pretty neat I think though, but I'm not sure if the Frost-Vrykul phenotypes would carry over to the Azotha.

Here is that Azotha pic I made

You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    Though having Azotha as a human subrace doesn't make sense since the primitive human tribes have long since disappeared, leaving only the modern humans.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2014-03-16 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Though having Azotha as a human subrace doesn't make sense since the primitive human tribes have long since disappeared, leaving only teh modern humans.
    Time travel!
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    So after WoD we'll get War of the Ancients expansion!

10+ Year Old Account
    So after WoD we'll get War of the Ancients expansion!

Don't speak of War of the Ancients...

I still have the disappointment from Cata *Shows his scars*.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Well they did say they want to bring Illidan back...
    Last edited by Lahis; 2014-03-16 at 05:39 PM.

Well they did say they want to bring Illidan back...
    Illidan eventually coming back is exactly why I think an Illidari style skin (tattoos, green eyes) would be a perfect fit as a Night Elf Customization Style. To contrast, a Malfurion Shan'do Skin, with Leafy beards and Antlers would make for a cool style as well. While they aren't true sub-races, what are sub-races if not just customization styles.
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not just give the human the subrace of the different cities they used to have (Arathi, Kultiras, Stromgarde, etc...) and just give them different faction, like the Arathi humans look like asians, the Stromgarde are african-america and so on...

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Time travel!
    I was thinking that some might survive on various islands or other undiscovered landmasses...