Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Because, you know, Business ethics? The greed has to end somewhere
    I'm not understanding how Blizzard implementing paid level 90 boosts is bad business ethics. Greedy? Maybe, but they're a for profit business that found a way to make money...sue 'em. But underhanded, shady, wrong, and/ or unlawful? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBeat View Post
    I agree with the people saying he can do what he wants with his money, nothing to argue there.

What I don't understand though is the logic that these people use... if you 'don't have time' to level a character, which is the easiest thing to do in this game in terms on time commitment then why boost to 90? If you don't have time to level slowly (which can be done playing a couple of hours a day) then you don't have time for end game activites... hell if you don't have time to level you certainly can't commit to a raiding guild. If you don't have time to level what are you gonna do at cap? Sit in the LFR queue for 45 minutes, do a couple of bosses in LFR then leave?

If you're gonna do non-raid activites like pets, crafting etc then there isn't a need to boost. I just can't understand why anyone who 'doesn't have the time' would actually want to boost.

MMO endgames are time consuming, much more so than levelling. Just don't get it.
    to you endgame is time consuming, maybe to him the lvling process is time consuming and boring and lonely and he wanted to better utilize his time with what he found fun with friends in endgame content. different strokes for different folks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by retw View Post
    By that logic, right now, WoW is pay to win.
    last time i checked pay 2 win is when you pay for gear upgrade or something in the same street, but saying bossting your character to 90 is pay 2 win is almost saying lvl is super hard and everyone who hits 90 is a 1337 gamer, but that's not the case, when the day comes you can buy rank 1 or HC boost (well u can kinda do it, but not through Blizzard) i will agree the game is pay 2 win, but at this state? no.

Deleted
    One of my guildies is a manager for a some sport brand, and earns quite a lot of money. He works a lot, like 60 hours a week. He raids with us 2 days for around 2.5-3.0 hours. He has wished to have a second character on 90 since the start of pandaria.
    After you leveled once, which I find one of the most epic things in WoW actually, the endgame is what it matters. He wants to skip it, and now he finally can.
    Who is he hurting? You? cause you feel to high and mighty cause you leveled a ton of toons on 90 ? Thats just stupid. The boost to 90 does not hurt anyone, not one single bit.
    For some people time is more worth than money, hey, probably for most of the people.
    I despise the p2win argument, as it is incredible stupid imo. You get a lvl90 with full greens. You are still at the very beginning of your journey, and you have little to no advantage to anyone else.

I ve seen someone lvling a char from 85 to 90 aswell, because he wants to have engineer and blacksmith on 600, which takes atleast the same amount of time to farm than 85-90 for people who do not have a lot of gold.

Stop caring about this feature, it was introduced, and it is going to stay. For some people it is good, and for some people not, but no one forces you to use that feature.
    you will still need to lvl by yourself to 100

Quote Originally Posted by OzoAndIndi View Post
    To each their own, but wow... His money to waste, but personally I could not seeing spending that much on a character I didn't even care enough about to do five levels on even just in my spare time.
    Not sure you're following the thread still, but in case others are curious, Paying to go from 85 to 90 is still worth it to some. Here's what you get for somebody like me who has a character they just don't want to level (after, in my case, leveling 9 other characters to 90 and many others to slightly lower levels).

5 levels to 90
    Automatic flying at 280% all the way through pandaria.
    Primary Skills to 600 (with only the things trained that you already had); First Aid to 600
    ~200 gold
    Free placement on Timeless isle, where you can immediately join others and work on gear to upgrade your 483 greens. This could potentially change with the expac.

If you're unlucky like me, your action bars may be messed up/moved around upon logging in, but it's a small issue and easily corrected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Welcome to a capitalist economy.

/farewell
    Because it is, means it should be. Okay. guys we can go back to the 80s while we are at it. Hell, let's go back to the 50s, bring back racism. Hell let's bring back kings and queens and slavery. Let's keep the earth at the center of the universe, and say that the earth is flat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Let's keep the earth at the center of the universe, and say that the earth is flat.
    It's a myth that people believed the earth was flat. Even back in ancient Greece they knew it was round.

So ok, 1-90 is understandable a little but 85-90 even after the experience nerf? Why even bother to play the game at all then? That money could have been gone to something much better.
    As for the OP: you are paying for the time you save jumping to the meat of the game: end game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    So this guy i talked to ingame...

Saw him and was like "oh grats for paying 66$ to boost a character to 90 when it would take like just a few days to be 90"

And he replies with "err no this character was sitting at 85 forever i dont have time to play"

So ok, 1-90 is understandable a little but 85-90 even after the experience nerf? Why even bother to play the game at all then? That money could have been gone to something much better.

All i can say is grats blizzard, you always find ways to reel the money in.
    All I can say is... how is it your business what he does with his character or his money? Easy answer: it isn't. Spend more time worrying about yourself, less time worrying about others and less time whining on forums about others.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It's a myth that people believed the earth was flat. Even back in ancient Greece they knew it was round.

As for the OP: you are paying for the time you save jumping to the meat of the game: end game.
    The concept of the geocentric universe on the other hand held fast until Newton's laws of motions proved Galileo's speculation correct. So only for this tiny sliver of human history has the earth not been the centre of the universe.

As far as the drive to skip to end game as quickly as possible, I think that's the point at which WoW has ceased to be a traditional MMO and has come to the point of being a glorified online games lobby.

EDIT: the whole hindsight is 20-20 now but here's Gheld's magical retroactive fix to levelling more than once being boring as shit:

All 11 classes need to feel completely unique from one another. And there needs to be 11 paths to the level cap that also feel completely unique from one another. Instance content needs to be integrated seamlessly into, and not held awkwardly apart from the levelling process

Then we wouldn't be having this discussion right now.
    Last edited by Gheld; 2014-03-17 at 04:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by retw View Post
    By that logic, right now, WoW is pay to win.
    Google Pay2Win and you'll see that it's not. A level 90 with 483, and the output of a wet noodle isn't winning at anything.
    Everyone on the internet is a dishonest actor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJewishMerp View Post
    Google Pay2Win and you'll see that it's not. A level 90 with 483, and the output of a wet noodle isn't winning at anything.
    According to you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargas View Post
    This Just In: WoW was never a hardcore game. Ever. It has always been a casual-friendly game since day one. Quality of life improvements and optional services DO NOT equate to "dumbing down".
    This man...give him a cookie. If you actually played in Vanilla (had max toon, was raiding) you would know that the reason the game was "hard" was because 90% of the player-base was awful at the game, we didn't know what we were doing, that's why 40 mans existed, Blizzard wanted as many people as they could get going into these dungeons so that all the terribleness would balance out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamington View Post
    IMO, If you want to do end game content you should have to put in the effort to get there...
    What effort, leveling is mindless, at best. I'm thinking you're an entitled kid.
    Everyone on the internet is a dishonest actor.

I make 90k a year and I just boosted 3 toons...I'll spend MY money however I want to.
    We didn't wipe 100 times. We just found 100 ways how not to down a boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Igby View Post
    I make 90k a year and I just boosted 3 toons...I'll spend MY money however I want to.
    And I will laugh the entire time you do it. Just like people who walk around in Crocs. I laugh at them.

You are really just defending getting laughed at. It's funny, and a little pathetic that you pay to skip a game you pay for.

You can defend yourself all you like, the con side will continue to just laugh.

You're like the kid who shows up to the pinewood derby in an obviously bought car. Everyone thinks you're a ___, when you win, no one congratulates you. And the rest of the kids get told by their parents that he payed for it, and people congratulate the second place winner.

Infracted, post constructively.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-03-17 at 06:22 PM.

And I will laugh the entire time you do it.
    I had every 90 except my monk. I don't plan on hopping servers and in WoD there will be no reason to have two of one class. I popped my monk from 85 to 90 with my preorder boost. Hate away.

Seriously, people need to quit acting like "what one person does doesn't affect anybody else". This is an MMO, people; of course this stuff affects everyone. Someone being able to buy a max-level character belittles all of the actual effort put into leveling your own character. Many of you seem to have forgotten that, just because you *are* max-level, doesn't mean there wasn't any satisfaction to be found in making the level-cap with a new toon.

Myself, for example; for the past couple of months, I've been playing an Orc Warrior off-and-on because I've never had a Warrior, and I've never had a decent-level Horde character before. I didn't try to make it a mad-rush to level with him; I would simply play him when I felt like playing him. It took several months just to get him to level 80, but I actually enjoyed leveling him, knowing that while he was leveling a bit more slowly, there was still satisfaction to be had to get him to 90. Now that every Joe Schmoe can just buy a full character-list of 90's, what satisfaction is there to be had?

The term "pay-to-win" seems to vary from person to person, but there is absolutely no denying that Blizzard is selling a very powerful in-game advantage. Now, perhaps some don't define that as "winning", but it's far from being "cosmetic-only", isn't it? Blizzard has sacrificed the integrity of the game, because spending more money now gives you a *better* experience than the mandatory subscription does. I'm both shocked and incredibly disappointed in Blizzard for taking this route. This is the kind of stuff you expect to see in a cheap iPhone game, not from one of the most vaunted Developers in the industry today.

EDIT: For the record, I can understand Blizzard granting a single free-90 for purchasing WoD. Given that overhauling the leveling-system would be a tremendous effort, I can understand their thought-process. However, selling 90's accomplishes literally nothing that the singular free-90 didn't already do, except exploit players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    I had every 90 except my monk. I don't plan on hopping servers and in WoD there will be no reason to have two of one class. I popped my monk from 85 to 90 with my preorder boost. Hate away.
    Why would I hate you? you didnt blow 60 bucks on 85 to 90. If I end up getting WoD ill use mine on a rogue I have at 80, because Its all I have left.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why bother creating a thread about this?

See what I did there?

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LookingGlass View Post
    Just because $60 is a lot of money to you, doesn't mean everyone feels the same way.

Just because a few days is not much time to you, doesn't mean everyone feels the same way.

Just because you feel the way you do, doesn't mean everyone else feels the same way.

/endthread
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Why did you care in the first place that he boosted a character? What he does with his money is none of your business.
    Totally agree with that.

Why would I hate you? you didnt blow 60 bucks on 85 to 90. If I end up getting WoD ill use mine on a rogue I have at 80, because Its all I have left.
    Fair enough.