Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    RIP Swirly Ball.

Give us swirly ball or give us death.

Deleted
    Glad Shadow Blades is gone.
    The ability made a funny noise for some seconds, lacked a noticeable animation and then it was gone for 3minutes.

I remember leveling up and excitedly using it for the first time to feel underwhelmed.

As already mentioned in the thread though, why does vendetta still exist ffs?

Well considering you just macroed it into your other CDs it had to go.

Though yes, Vendetta is a garbage CD and it'd be better if they scrapped Vendetta and made Shadow Blades an Assassination only ability instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heavenyo View Post
    RIP Swirly Ball.

Give us swirly ball or give us death.
    Once again, SWIRLY BALL HAS BEEN IN THE GAME FOR AGES.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Eh, I liked shadow blades, but I can see why they're removing it. Hopefully they replace it with something else that'd double our combo points, but I doubt it :/

10+ Year Old Account
    "Shadow Blade!"
    -Morrigan

That's all I can hear right now. If rogues and rouges would say that when using the ability...well, that would be just dandy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    I will greatly miss SB

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Shouldn't be playing assass in pvp anyway, its terrible. Its a spec thats totally reliant on high uptime on a target, which is ridiculously hard to achieve with the amount of CC
    right now, combined with the fact that your a melee and at the mercy of roots/snares.
    Sub is where its at.
    I beg to differ. Im a mut rogue in pvp and the dmg I output will rival that of any sub rogue. Sub rogues are all about cast sequence macro's now and it's just pathetic. They need to remove subterfuge

I also RARELY get held up by snares/roots. It's all about how you play.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheltleth View Post
    I beg to differ. Im a mut rogue in pvp and the dmg I output will rival that of any sub rogue. Sub rogues are all about cast sequence macro's now and it's just pathetic. They need to remove subterfuge

I also RARELY get held up by snares/roots. It's all about how you play.
    He is just being a captain Obvious. Sub is the only viable spec for Arenas and Rbgs and everyone knows it and its been that way for years now its not even a fotm situtation.

Mop>Sub Cata>Sub TBC>Sub Season 8 3.3.5>Sub the only time you could ever play any other spec was Season 1 and 2 combat maces and 3.0-3.2 Early wotlk patches Mutilate was the strongest because there was an eviscerate nerf and there was no armor pen yet.

When armor pen was introduced Sub rogues stacking it did fine damage during dance with ambush and backstab hit hard too. The eviscerates were still just weaksauce vs plate but not every team was plate.

Good rogues began playing around with dance spec and realizing all the stuff you can do for control + U always had the mobility of shadow step and there were as ever tons of kiting hunter teams and caster cleaves. Step also allows for things like instant shadowstep kicks and swaps, saps and gouges which for back then were game changing. Landing a kick on a healer then pooling energy and throwing a kidney shot was devastating back then.

Myself I prefer Mutilate always have since 3.0. I still trash people in certain duels , 1v1 in arenas(2s), and world pvp if they arent wearing raid gear.

But arena is where its at and non sub rogues are not welcome. Rogues are barely viable to be optimal you need to run with a mage and resto druid and Play Subtlety.

Any kind of rogue is very squishy we have terrible passive survivability and self healing. ALmost everything we costs energy and combo points while other classes have free stuns that also deal damage .

However SUb has 1 minute versatile cooldown that can be used for controlling the enemy team or bursting hard. Sub is also the only spec that benefits offensively from every re stealth. Openers are godly due to Find weakness.

SUb also has the best energy regen and combo point generation. The only draw backs are low sustained damage, lots of timers to worry about FW,snd,rupture or garrote for the sang veins buff. Timing every global precisely during an 8 second shadow dance.

the other draw back perhaps the worst and the largest impediment to most rogues is that Subtlety has a very high skillcap. Its hard to play properly in fact I would argue its the hardest spec to master in pvp than any other spec in the game. Its macro heavy, bind heavy, you need precise timing and its easy to get peeled during that all important dance moment. You put out zero pressure outside of dance unless you can reset and re open.

I do very well as muti. I have played at 1700 mmr in 3s and 2s in some of the early seasons of Mop. I would of got higher but my reliable skilled partners quit the game then i followed suite. You need to play a ton of games together with the same people and have perfect synergy even more so to make a gimp spec work.

Mutilate just doesnt bring anything to the table that a warrior or feral druid can do better. Our sustained damage isnt even scary. vendetta is trash and even our energy regen is just horrid. Sub now excels against any class except the ones with the most defensive capabilities because Rogue damage is inferior to most classes even the burst. Rogues are not a damage class anymore, they are just support there for CC. Mutilate does not excel in CC its just a damage dealing spec. Once this was still favorable but no longer.

Subs control fights and set up kills, mutilate is not good at that. Mutilate use to be the only melee spec that had good armor penetration vs plate wearers and thats why it was viable. Unless they buff mutilates damage significantly especially the damage of Envenom and nerf find weakness Sub will always be favored.

It is highly unlikely at this point blizzard cares to bother to balance another spec for pvp regarding rogues. It is very unlikely we will ever see a major overhaul the devs are too lazy.

Mutilate would need massive buffs/changes like the removal of vendetta or at least it being on the rogue versus on target so it cannot be negated.
    Last edited by Packing an i5; 2014-03-18 at 08:09 PM.

WHAT! That item is paramount to my snowballing as Shadow Fiend

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Though yes, Vendetta is a garbage CD and it'd be better if they scrapped Vendetta and made Shadow Blades an Assassination only ability instead.
    I agree.

But shadowblades seems more like a sub themed ability than assassination.

ha! I didn't forget SBs with that tier 14 bonus that's for sure, was so strong they had to extreme nerf it when the tier 15 released.

Anyone else think that Vendetta would be a much better CD if it was on the rogue and any target he chooses to attack, might actually give an assass rogue some AoE damage? huh? guess not since no one thinks the combo points should be on us either. guess good design is left for all the other, favored classes.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Anyone else think that Vendetta would be a much better CD if it was on the rogue and any target he chooses to attack
    That would be a god-send.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    ha! I didn't forget SBs with that tier 14 bonus that's for sure, was so strong they had to extreme nerf it when the tier 15 released.

Anyone else think that Vendetta would be a much better CD if it was on the rogue and any target he chooses to attack, might actually give an assass rogue some AoE damage? huh? guess not since no one thinks the combo points should be on us either. guess good design is left for all the other, favored classes.
    I have been screaming this since 5.0 I cannot believe this ability is still as clunky as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Well considering you just macroed it into your other CDs it had to go.
    One spec did that, and could get a bit of extra dps by not actually doing that.

Once again, SWIRLY BALL HAS BEEN IN THE GAME FOR AGES.
    It's a minor glyph, but I wouldn't say ages!

The ability made a funny noise for some seconds, lacked a noticeable animation and then it was gone for 3minutes.
    It should have turned our blades into purple glass. This ability is amazing, because it lets combat have a cooldown with some partial armor ignore.

It's so hard to respond. It's like they make all these different food types but then the rogue forums are all 'I JUST MACRO IT IN WITH MY ICECREAM PLEASE REMOVE EVERYTHING EXCEPT FOR CHOCOLATE MILK BECAUSE THAT'S ALL I CAN TASTE".

I mean, how do I explain it without sounding like a dick?

This change will remove a cool power, remove an excellent flavor, remove a cooldown that we could manage, hurt our burst, hurt our ability to damage plate targets, especially for combat, the last spec in the game without a rotational armor ignore and one that needs help in arenas, and buy us absolutely nothing in return. These forums have had a number of cool redesign ideas for it over the last couple years by people who wanted it to be something else, and now it will be fucking nothing.

Nothing at all.

We never had it, we never earned it, it was never there, and it's being removed to fulfill a philosophy, not because we have too many buttons, or because we have too much burst. It's just going away. We're getting three new talents, but it doesn't feel like that- if everything we add takes something away, we aren't earning new powers or increasing our skill, we're just randomly getting a changing stable of moves that we have little to no control over.

Fucking awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    I mean, how do I explain it without sounding like a dick?
    One of the biggest secrets to life: you don't always need not to sound like a dick!
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose