Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Warlock - very powerful right now on both 2s and 3s, have a lot of viable comps and two viable specs, scalles very well with gear. Many people believe that the most powerful comp this season will be LSD, so it is good bet. I played against some LSD 2.0 last season and boy, was that annoying (fear, fear, coil, bash, cyclone ><), pretty sure will still be viable this season.

Paladin - pretty weak right now, the only viable comp is with hunter/priest. The main problem is low survivability that won't scale with gear, the burst is quite strong.

Hunter - very strong (good damage and very good CC) and have quite a lot of viable comps (Thug cleave, jungle cleave, beast cleave and KFC).

Monk - very strong on 2s. Haven't been really strong on 3s on former season, but people says it scales very, very well at the current gear level. As far as know they play with hunter/healer (KFChi) and s. priest / shaman (there is a video on this comp by tosan on youtube that you can check).

Mage - IMO the strongest DPS on the game right now. It is ridiculous powerful with rogues on 2s. On 3s can play RMP, RMD (Easy and very powerful comp), FMP or God comp.

Shaman - Enhancement has the best set up damage on game right now, but survival isn't really good, still seems to be viable on 2s and 3s (Turbo cleave and Beast cleave were very strong last season, can't say much about now). Elemental is very strong in LSD (as I said on warlocks), but I believe it is pretty much the only viable comp os 3s.
    Last edited by Knolan; 2014-03-20 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Fixed wrong thunder cleave name.

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    Shaman - Enhancement has the best set up damage on game right now, but survival isn't really good, still seems to be viable on 2s and 3s (Thunder cleave and Beast cleave were very strong last season, can't say much about now). Elemental is very strong in LSD (as I said on warlocks), but I believe it is pretty much the only viable comp os 3s.
    Isn't Thunder cleave actually with Ele and Turbo Cleave with Enhance?

Ill save you the effort. Hunter. They have been extremely broken this entire expac and without majors changes to their cc, mobility, and lack of deadzone of which I have not seen any for WoD, they will continue to be unreasonably strong. They work with an insane number of comps (KFC, KFChi, Jungle, Thug, MM/destro/healer, Beast, PHDk, ret/hunter/healer) are easy to play at a decent rating, and are good in every bracket. I got hit for a 111k chimera in arena earlier on my pally, no setup, 40 yrds away, balanced.
    Last edited by Hand Banana; 2014-03-19 at 12:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

10+ Year Old Account
    Shaman for sure. Play Beast Cleave or Turbo Cleave and you won't even have to try. Hex healer and kill people without even knowing what you did. 2k+ guaranteed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk why people keep saying that Hunter are OP this patch.. ye we do dmg and we can kite a bit, but we're mostly trained because we are one of the most squishi classes right now.. we just die after the 2 deterrence are gone.. if we are trained properly ofc... you can see how hunters got destroyed in the PVP Live tournament...

On Topic I would say Shaman and Lock are quite strong right now

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I have a warlock/paladin/hunter/monk/mage/shaman.

I would prefer destro lock/ret pally/ any hunter spec is fine/ ww monk/ enh or elem sham are both fine.

Which of those specs are best right now in general bgs/arena I will prob do 2s and 3s. Im terrible at every one in pvp, so it doesn't matter what class i choose. I just want to pick something thats both viable, and wanted.
    Shaman's Ele/Enh and resto are all strong
    Warlock's Destro and Affliction are great.
    Paladins are a bit weak as ret. But otherwise holy is good.
    Hunters are great and WW monks pew pew damages.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiraishin View Post
    Idk why people keep saying that Hunter are OP this patch.. ye we do dmg and we can kite a bit, but we're mostly trained because we are one of the most squishi classes right now.. we just die after the 2 deterrence are gone.. if we are trained properly ofc... you can see how hunters got destroyed in the PVP Live tournament...

On Topic I would say Shaman and Lock are quite strong right now
    The PVP Live tournament represents the best of the best players. From the OP's standpoint and the other 99.9% of players who pvp, hunters are absolute god-tier unless you have extremely amazing skills and team synergy to counter them like they do in tournaments. Even when you do hunters are still strong.
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude, every team out there with 2k+ Knows how to deal with hunters, and knows how to train them to death, its not rocket science, Hunters don't have selfhealing, they can just run around and trap, they do quite a lot of damage, I agree on that, but you can compare Hunters survability with lets say locks, they can portal and got a lot of self healing, or mage with alter time, and two blocks, and sheep and shit, from the range classes I would say hunter and Sp are the ones with less survability.. that's why every time there's a hunter in a team, Hunter will get trained.. at Any rating...

I am in your exact situation with my shaman alt.
    Levelled him to get some stuff done before WoD, thinking that it would arrive before summer. I should have known

Have had horrible luck with oQueue flex runs, so I figured that 540 + 8 < 550, and I am able to cap 2's via oQueue on my own schedule.

I started out as enhancement, but switched over to resto. WW + Resto/Arms warrior + Resto is very nice in 2's. Easy to cap with.
    Bear in mind that I have ~ 1250 rating so far, so I'm definitely in the lower end of the PvP pool. Still improving, though - it's way more fun than I expected, even when subjected to multiple CC's as a healer.

The 3's horse is a project of mine as well, have no idea if I should go as elemental or resto, though. Lots of pressure on the healer in 3's, but that's part of the fun.

Quote Originally Posted by gestapo View Post
    Isn't Thunder cleave actually with Ele and Turbo Cleave with Enhance?
    Indeed it is, my mistake. Going to fix the post.

Dude, every team out there with 2k+ Knows how to deal with hunters, and knows how to train them to death, its not rocket science, Hunters don't have selfhealing, they can just run around and trap, they do quite a lot of damage, I agree on that, but you can compare Hunters survability with lets say locks, they can portal and got a lot of self healing, or mage with alter time, and two blocks, and sheep and shit, from the range classes I would say hunter and Sp are the ones with less survability.. that's why every time there's a hunter in a team, Hunter will get trained.. at Any rating...
    Ok so the hunter gets trained. Whats your point? Someone is going to get trained and a hunter can literally do 100% of EVERYTHING it normally does while being trained, unlike everyone else. Talk about being trained to the spriest on my team; GL getting fears on healers or dots up on multiple targets. Then theres the hunter who can wyvern a dps and scattertrap a healer with 2 melee on him then turn around and drop a 110k chimera on someone without even stressing it. Hunters have the most instant ranged cc of anyone and one of the best kiting toolkits. Hearing someone say mages have more survivability than hunters gave me a good laugh too.

A death knight says hi.