Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    OT: I highly doubt you'll be banned. This is essentially the same as getting people to flag themselves through aoeing. And that's allowed I believe even if not encouraged. Blizz's solution to that is implementing a system in WoD where you can't accidentally flag yourself.

This, while I wouldn't consider being a good sport, isn't that bad. It's not like they can endlessly gank you as after they are killed, they'll leave the realm. Its impossible to endlessly gank them. Yes, doing it to those on PvE realms who never have to deal with ganking isn't exactly the same thing, but its more of a mental thing than actual disruption of play as traditional ganking.

People calling this an exploit? LOL.

It's just lieing to other players, like that doesn't happen 100 million times a day already, there is absolutely 0 exploitation of any game mechanic, exploitation of the naivity of a player sure, but mechanics, no it's perfectly fine.

Classes have been able to do this for years with killing people with falling damage.

I agree it's a bit of a dick move, but the ragers are extreme it's so funny.

I was farming coins earlier, not for that long, 30 odd people, 2 of us, after maybe 10 mins, 3-5 from the realm grouped up on us, I thought it was really fun, if someone kills me whilst farming, whatever, 0% care, the item will be off CD, or if I have to wait 10 mins, alright, I'll go make coffee...I have literally 0 rage about someone killing me, it takes a few seconds for a respawn, and then I can get back to whatever I'm doing.

People take dieing in WoW SO seriously, it's hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    I hope people like you keep doing this, because eventually they'll make it so us pve server people will never be flagged on your realms when we get ported to them.
    It seems like with this most recent hotfix, as in, TODAY, if you are flagged on a PvP realm, when you go back to your PvE realm you are unflagged. No 5 minute wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    You have to ask yourself if the ugly-arse Mushan is worth it.
    Srs?

The Mushan mounts are awesome. Love the shit out of my BG one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
    You are summoning unwitting squishy people from other realms to your PvP realm. Not everyone involved is in the same group. In fact only one person needs to be in the *cough* "raid group" doing the summoning which is *cough* "accidentally" materializing people right in the middle of a pack of censered-up jackwagons.

It's not necessarily the most efficient way to farm coins but apparently people do find it to be entertaining . (Although, let's be honest, there is NO way of farming coins that ISN'T entertaining.)
    Ah.

Sounds a bit altruistic for the people in the group. I wouldn't trust someone who ganks lowbies unwittingly summoned to the isle to return the favor of summoning people for me to slaughter.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Ah.

Sounds a bit altruistic for the people in the group. I wouldn't trust someone who ganks lowbies unwittingly summoned to the isle to return the favor of summoning people for me to slaughter.
    If you've already got the mount it's a great way to relax with your guildies or other in-game friends.

Or, so I'm told.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Its not nearly as much of an exploit as you think it is, and to be honest, if you would silence it then you would silence the creativity of WoW players, which is something we dont see often now. To me, I would be thrilled if players were playing my game and finding unique ways to trick and decieve opponents, its world of WARcraft after all.
    there is no creativity here, it's just greifing, misuse of the system in place, and scamming people into joining a group that should be ordos but is and never will be an ordos group. I hope swift action comes to anyone caught doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Srs?

The Mushan mounts are awesome. Love the shit out of my BG one.
    They look awful when running. Just terrible.

I can only use mine if I jump nonstop or am on walk mode

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    there is no creativity here, it's just greifing, misuse of the system in place, and scamming people into joining a group that should be ordos but is and never will be an ordos group. I hope swift action comes to anyone caught doing this.
    Too bad griefing is not a bannable offense, nor is lying. It's not a scam either. Telling people Id give them 500g if they find me in Thudebluff while I'm in Org is lying, and not a bannable offense.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems like with this most recent hotfix, as in, TODAY, if you are flagged on a PvP realm, when you go back to your PvE realm you are unflagged. No 5 minute wait.
    Good change, but it really doesn't go far enough.

I'll fancy someone clever when they figure out a way of preventing Ordos trolls.

Deleted
    This is a great idea if you're an obnoxious no-good person.

Doubt you'd get banned for it... Some GM might tell you to knock it off though. It's certainly not a new idea though, been seeing occasionally since the other raids tool came into the game. Main reason I don't accept CRZ invites to ragnaros anymore.

Too bad griefing is not a bannable offense, nor is lying. It's not a scam either. Telling people Id give them 500g if they find me in Thudebluff while I'm in Org is lying, and not a bannable offense.
    Also they sorta deserve it if they can't shift click your name or add you as a friend to see where you currently are.

15+ Year Old Account
    Intentionally deceiving other players is considered griefing. If anyone reports you, you're going to get slapped for it. Probably just a couple hour ban and a warning, but if it happened to me I'd report you so fast.

Consequences aside, your friends are terrible people and they make me sick. "Ooo, let's screw someone over for our own personal gain, that's fun."

OK now that is awesome.

It's the invitee's own fault for not speccing into Ackbar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Gotta make the game fun somehow.
    I fail to see how that makes the game fun or are you one of those "Adam Sandler" kind of guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    OK now that is awesome.
    I agree. It seems to work sort of glitchy-ly though.

First, it restores the 5m debuff (if it was wearing off for some reason) when you phase back to your realm.

Then, shortly thereafter, it disappears.

Quote Originally Posted by Annarion View Post
    Intentionally deceiving other players is considered griefing. If anyone reports you, you're going to get slapped for it. Probably just a couple hour ban and a warning, but if it happened to me I'd report you so fast.

Consequences aside, your friends are terrible people and they make me sick. "Ooo, let's screw someone over for our own personal gain, that's fun."
    Griefing is NOT BANNABLE OR RECOGNIZED BY BLIZZARD.

Scamming is not the same as lying. Scamming players is bannable , killing them is not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Griefing is NOT BANNABLE OR RECOGNIZED BY BLIZZARD.

Scamming is not the same as lying. Scamming players is bannable , killing them is not.
    Wrong.
    GG no re.