Page 76 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Enviousness...

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    No, you are clearly. Snowflake. Having basic expectations is an elitist practice only done by special snowflakes who base they life around the game and care about their epeen.
    I feel ironyyyyyyyy

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malakath View Post
    Try being in a lfr with a bunch a pay to boosts dps in nothing but greens, and no knowledge of their class.... that's why the hate!
    For me it's not the dps it's the healers, I was tanking part one of SoO this week on my IL 528 Pally. I out healed 3 of the healers and I didnt cast a single heal. It was not a fun run at all, there was a lot of hate going on in that LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Malakath View Post
    Try being in a lfr with a bunch a pay to boosts dps in nothing but greens, and no knowledge of their class.... that's why the hate!
    There will always be new people in LFR, with bad gear. Surely a low-geared person who actually knows how to push their buttons are better then afk'ers and leeches? Get plenty of those too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockzilla View Post
    For me it's not the dps it's the healers, I was tanking part one of SoO this week on my IL 528 Pally. I out healed 3 of the healers and I didnt cast a single heal. It was not a fun run at all, there was a lot of hate going on in that LFR.
    I know the pain. I outheal most of people in LFR despite running in moonkin gear with less than 10k spirit. I can't heal everybody with that and other healers simply suck too much so it strains me instead of relaxing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    There will always be new people in LFR, with bad gear. Surely a low-geared person who actually knows how to push their buttons are better then afk'ers and leeches? Get plenty of those too.
    Few and half of raid is different. Also ilvl483 greens are probably at heroics level, so going ToT with them is a bad idea.

Deleted
    Why the hate?

People don't like the direction Blizzard and the industry is going with p2w, removed content for DLC that sort of stuff.

Blizzard 5 years ago had a completely different philosophy and direction they have today. People dont like that. The phrase they used to throw about against gold sellers was 'your standing outside the game should never effect your standing within the game'.

Paid 90s go against that philosophy, its pretty simple.

I hate it not because of any Pay-to-Win or jealousy nonsense, I hate it because I have always wanted it to be a standard, free option for new characters after getting your first character to max level. You could start at level 85 right now with 7 spells or so and learn 5 or so more each level. It also means they never would have had to nerf leveling content into a week long faceroll of boredom to accommodate alt levelers.

Now that there's a price tag attached and they can use it as a pre-order gimmick? It's never going to happen.

That hard-mode leveling option that a few people have been wanting that would take almost no effort for Blizzard to add? "lol just buy a 90 noob, go play Dark Souls if you want a solo challenge."

Quote Originally Posted by Rufix View Post
    Few and half of raid is different. Also ilvl483 greens are probably at heroics level, so going ToT with them is a bad idea.
    I agree, however, as someone with 7 90's now, 6 of them leveled the old-fashioned way, I can understand that people just want to gear asap, and they're ilegible for ToT from the get-go, that means they can fairly enter there.

I personally gor upgrades from the Isle first, but not everyone are that 'patient', who might be in the same situation.

Ofc there will always be plain lazy people.

Quote Originally Posted by CodeConqueror View Post
    This is one of the few understandable and level headed posts I've seen on the topic.
    Thanks

I can understand this view, I just can't understand the "WoW is now unplayable because someone else got to 90 faster than me so I'm unsubbing" or "this is P2W" posts.
    It falls more into the catagory of, "I'm just not supporting a game that has that kind of developers."

A move like this works the same as blizzard removing flying. Instead of designing the game around flying that gamers have had for 7 years. Blizzard took a major step backwards in design and just removed it (even if it's so called only temporary) I cannot support or say good things about developers that took the easy and slight lazy path in design.

So the level boost to me is blizzard easy/lazy path of designing and developing. Instead of using the 1-90 content to teach gamers how to play with encounters designed to show them what to do. There going to sell a level 90 toon and put gamers through a half-assed tutorial and praise how they taught them what they needed to know. Which we all know is pretty much a joke.

I cannot support that with my time or cash.

Buying performance enhancers would be P2W, buying level boost to current content doesn't enhance your performance, it just lets you skip some of the time investment. Baddies existed before boost. LFR and normal BGs were full of terri-bads before boost. At worst, it might add to the number of bads you run into in those scenarios but that's about it.
    And you are correct. This is not a P2W but it will in no way help diminish the number of people that have no idea ow to play. It will only make it worse and the group that is all about the NOW NOW NOW - ME ME ME will be all over end game with that same attitude and same unskilled play pissing off groups to a whole new level.

And while it may be a 'disease' on the game, so is a rapidly diminishing player base and I see this as a way to boost the player base back up (or at least an attempt to do so). WoW is a great game, we wouldn't play it for years on end if not, but how else do you entice new players to join the ranks without giving them a quick catch up mechanism?
    You offer gamers what they want. A great experience in gaming. You fix the level process to make it interesting and give it meaning. Teach new people to play. Make it quicker if needed but don't tell gamers you have to pay $40 for the past content but then pay $50 so you can skip it all.

It's a convoluted mess of development at blizzard that needs to stop. Since blizzard can't help themselves from being stupid, I have to help myself and leave.

Because reaching 90 is an extremely complicated and difficult process, and only the most elite can do it. The players who went through all that hard work to hit 90 shouldn't be cheated like this!

Quote Originally Posted by Rufix View Post
    Since when 483 greens are as good as 483 epix? I don't remind having more than one or 2 greens with that ilvl on char. And I had some TI gear which boosted ilvl a lot.

People went to ToT with 483 gear, right, but they were full/mostly epic, which creates the big difference. I don't mind seeing people with few green/blue items, but all green? They should at least run some mogu'shan, klaxxi raid (don't remember the name) and terrace. But then they won't be able to get free epix from ToT.
    Fair enough - I hadn't really thought about rarity of item. I vaguely recalled something a while back about them levelling out the stat budgets so the ilvl dictated how many budget points an item had - whatever its rarity. I may well be remembering incorrectly though - so yeah ok. I would say thought that its not likely you had even one item of green 483 when you were doing ToT originally as I believe greens of that ilvl only came out with timeless isle - but I do take your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    Fair enough - I hadn't really thought about rarity of item. I vaguely recalled something a while back about them levelling out the stat budgets so the ilvl dictated how many budget points an item had - whatever its rarity. I may well be remembering incorrectly though - so yeah ok. I would say thought that its not likely you had even one item of green 483 when you were doing ToT originally as I believe greens of that ilvl only came out with timeless isle - but I do take your point.
    No, no, you got me wrong When my character was ilvl483, I had 1-2 green items As for budget, I think rarity matters, otherwise greens you get when you enter Pandaria would be better than Deathwing gear. Recently I leveled hunter which I played in TBC. Changed gear in Hyjal :P So rarity does matter You can also compare stats between gear you get in t14 and gear you get after boost.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    I agree, however, as someone with 7 90's now, 6 of them leveled the old-fashioned way, I can understand that people just want to gear asap, and they're ilegible for ToT from the get-go, that means they can fairly enter there.

I personally gor upgrades from the Isle first, but not everyone are that 'patient', who might be in the same situation.

Ofc there will always be plain lazy people.
    I like boost idea, but it should force you to play some heroics and gear should be worse. Or boost you to level 85, and when WoD comes out to lvl 90. That would make more sense.

I love it, I will be using the system to get my last 4 85's to 90 and finally getting a Warlock. People are still stuck on the whole "you learn to play your class through leveling". BS I learn to play my characters 30 mins after hitting lvl 90 by reading Icy-Veins. If they didn't do this then they needed to make it so leveling took at most 12-15 hours from 1-90

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Because reaching 90 is an extremely complicated and difficult process, and only the most elite can do it. The players who went through all that hard work to hit 90 shouldn't be cheated like this!
    Irrelevant. By that reasoning selling full LFR gear, legendary cloak and full Honor gear is fine too, since none of those are difficult. Hell Flex and Conquest gear are debatable as well.

Is there any difference?

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I love it, I will be using the system to get my last 4 85's to 90 and finally getting a Warlock. People are still stuck on the whole "you learn to play your class through leveling". BS I learn to play my characters 30 mins after hitting lvl 90 by reading Icy-Veins. If they didn't do this then they needed to make it so leveling took at most 12-15 hours from 1-90
    If you dinged 90 times within 12-15h then I'm a queen of England Also, you don't learn to play your char in 30minutes by reading IV. But I guess you are just bad, theory based, player I'm sure you dps raid bosses with theory as well

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeConqueror View Post
    It's not P2W. It's P2 catch up.
    I don't want P2 catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I don't want P2 catch up.
    Don't use it then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrael View Post
    Don't use it then.
    I don't want it to be available to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I don't want it to be available to others.
    "Stop liking what I don't like!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrael View Post
    "Stop liking what I don't like!"
    It has nothing to do with liking something. It's ok if others like the idea of paying for a 90. I'm sure some people like the idea of buying heroic gear. Don't like it? Don't buy it!

The thing is this game has rules, and one of it is, you start a character at level 1. Boosted character have changed the nature of the game, and I'm curious to see what negative things it might bring with it.