Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Hunter x Hunter (2011)

I have absolutely no idea why there isn't a thread for this yet. The anime is extremely well done. Story is solid, and the current arc is up there compared to the many other great arcs of the famous or best mangas/animes out there.

How are you all liking this stupendous anime?

Deleted
    Really loving this show, i was a huge fan of the original series and was very sad that they just folded it. I didn't get in to the manga, so the story is so new to me. For everyone just getting in to the show, the start is pretty slow, but i guarantee it blows your mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    I love the theme XD awesome for those fight scenes in manga
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rohno View Post
    Really loving this show, i was a huge fan of the original series and was very sad that they just folded it. I didn't get in to the manga, so the story is so new to me. For everyone just getting in to the show, the start is pretty slow, but i guarantee it blows your mind.
    Unfortunately there are only three arcs that are worth it. The first, the third, and the current one, Chimera Ant Arc. Greed Island is just crap, Razor is the only cool thing about it. Second arc is also shit, basically a training arc.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Unfortunately there are only three arcs that are worth it. The first, the third, and the current one, Chimera Ant Arc. Greed Island is just crap, Razor is the only cool thing about it. Second arc is also shit, basically a training arc.
    I really loved the phantom troupe arc best one there is XD
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is kind of cool but I started to hate the narrator in this arc, he cannot shut up. It also seem that they're trying to extend this arc too much, nothing happens in an episode.

I am a Killua fanboi by the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Still, even if you ignore the that, the hijab is a serious safety concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    So what? If I got to decide I'd take Stalin's path regarding religion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter Exam arc: Good, but takes too long
    Zoldyck Family arc: Not that bad
    Heavens Arena arc: I kinda wish there was more fighting
    Yorknew City arc: Not that bad, but kinda boring
    Greed Island arc: Too much training not enogh action
    Chimera Ant arc: Very well made, but start is kinda slow
    13th Hunter Chairman Election arc: Not yet out
    Dark Continent Expedition arc: Not yet out
    Don't sweat the details!!!

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I liked them all but the current. Seems like they just rushed it to finish the series and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    It is kind of cool but I started to hate the narrator in this arc, he cannot shut up. It also seem that they're trying to extend this arc too much, nothing happens in an episode.

Well there is a reason for extending it Togashi isn't coming back he likes being a neet and playing DQX mmo all day. Honestly it's a good anime but I have given it another name HiatusxHiatus! Here is the Hiatus charter to show what I am talking about. http://imgur.com/eQlPtno

Also doesn't help that he is set for life being married to the sailor moon Mangaka so he really doesn't have any motivation to continue the story unless he is really really bored.
    Last edited by Yami; 2014-03-19 at 04:13 PM.

I'm sorry, but this is beyond my comprehension. Don't get me wrong, I liked the 1st and 3rd arcs (though I think the 3rd arc went on a little bit too long), and while the 2nd arc has my one of my all-time favorite anime/manga fights (Hisoka vs. Kastro), I understand not liking it. But not liking the 4th arc, which I was just enthralled by the world-building and creativity of Greed Island; and liking the 5th arc, AKA the arc that just wouldn't stop. I don't want to be a dick or anything, but I just can't wrap my head around it.

Then again, I read the english manga releases, so my slog through the Chimera Ant arc lasted over half a decade.

On the plus side, I am really enjoying the 6th arc. Much snappier and more interesting.

The worst part? The narrator thing was not a creative choice by the studio. That happened in the manga. I haven't even seen the anime, and I know what you're talking about. It does not get better until the arc ends.
    Last edited by Zython; 2014-03-20 at 08:38 AM.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Ya I was wondering when this thread was going to pop up I was considering making one yesterday actually. Anyway adore the show, by far the best of the super long shounen I have washed (by that I mean naurto, one piece etc). Currently taking a break till the current arc ends so I can watch a lot in a row. Out of curiosity about how much longer until the Chimera Ant arc ends?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    The worst part? The narrator thing was not a creative choice by the studio. That happened in the manga. I haven't even seen the anime, and I know what you're talking about. It does not get better until the arc ends.
    And here I though that the the studio was trying to stretch the episode by making the narrator talk more.

Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    Ya I was wondering when this thread was going to pop up I was considering making one yesterday actually. Anyway adore the show, by far the best of the super long shounen I have washed (by that I mean naurto, one piece etc). Currently taking a break till the current arc ends so I can watch a lot in a row. Out of curiosity about how much longer until the Chimera Ant arc ends?
    I don't read the manga but it seems that the arc is coming to an end. I'd say 10 episodes max.

10+ Year Old Account
    Favorite shounen battle Anime ever

And here I though that the the studio was trying to stretch the episode by making the narrator talk more.

I don't read the manga but it seems that the arc is coming to an end. I'd say 10 episodes max.
    Nah The arc got like 15-20 more epsiodes
    Last edited by Bcpwd; 2014-03-20 at 06:54 PM.

It's decent, but it seems to be falling into the Bleach trap where every punch comes with an episode of backstory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    I'm sorry, but this is beyond my comprehension. Don't get me wrong, I liked the 1st and 3rd arcs (though I think the 3rd arc went on a little bit too long), and while the 2nd arc has my one of my all-time favorite anime/manga fights (Hisoka vs. Kastro), I understand not liking it. But not liking the 4th arc, which I was just enthralled by the world-building and creativity of Greed Island; and liking the 5th arc, AKA the arc that just wouldn't stop. I don't want to be a dick or anything, but I just can't wrap my head around it.

Then again, I read the english manga releases, so my slog through the Chimera Ant arc lasted over half a decade.

On the plus side, I am really enjoying the 6th arc. Much snappier and more interesting.
    Yeah, I've heard. I have no idea what's going on with Togashi, but the story of Hunter x Hunter is actually very good. I read the Chimera Ant Arc in 1 go and I am wiling to bet that readers like yourselves who have been dealing with him going on haitus almost like what, every single damn year, is just so shit. I get it.

My opinion on the 5th arc though is how beautifully he is telling the story between King and Komugi, and his idea of humanity. Its an interesting take on it and he does a very good job on it. Compared to Oda's One Piece, Togashi isn't afraid of killing characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    At last! Tomorrow the battle between Netero and King finally begins. I can't wait to see Netero's buddha statue in action

15+ Year Old Account
    the reason there isn't a thread for this is most likely due to the fact that there is an entire thread dedicated to talking about anime Here

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AceofHarts View Post
    the reason there isn't a thread for this is most likely due to the fact that there is an entire thread dedicated to talking about anime Here
    There are threads for other popular animes like naruto and fairy tail (I think?) here.

15+ Year Old Account
    There are threads for other popular animes like naruto and fairy tail (I think?) here.
    there are threads for various questions on Naruto, mostly Manga related.
    as for a "sit down and talk about the anime in general" thread, there is not one. there is however, as i linked, a thread to sit down and talk about ALL anime.

10+ Year Old Account
    No idea why no one has been talking about the final moments of Netero. That shit was just too deep. "You don't understand a thing Meruem. The evolution for Humans is limitless".