Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    around 5 attempts or so- actually a bit more thanks to eu-kazzak, ily blizzardEU :))))
    1 brain phase on the pic you linked, so that's why it was fast. brain was close (cast bar on unitframe)
    on my first attempt i wiped at 6% after doing 2 brain phases (and playing incredibly bad at the start of p3), so i knew it was doable.
    p3 is survivable for a lot longer and with a lot less gear than before, thanks to the sob change. there's no way i would kill it on this small dk otherwise.

rekilled it this week without much trouble, 2 more item level (thanks celestials), had 2 brain phases this time. 3-4 attempts again
    Yes, guessed that (that it was only 1 brain phase) after I noticed the 7 mins speedkill achi, and obviously BL drums + a 574 weapon vs I think around 530 at the time helps a lot on the brain as well, apparently a very quick p3 cause 2 mins 30 to kill all tentacles and dps 12,5 mil on the brain means something like 15 mil total hp dealt in 150 sec, so 100k dps single target, ignoring adds, reasonable after all with soul reaper and a flawless execution. Was very surprised of the 7 mins left on BL though when I saw the screenshot the first time.

------------

Also, since galleon's enrage doesn't seem beatable even with the best dps gear, decided to have some fun and try with a couple of friends, I was forced to use tank gear to survive the boss + add damage, and since one of them is a mage, he couldn't survive the fire arrows (looks like they do NOT target the tank if it's not a solo, so the mage got them all) and we decided to take a holy priest to keep him alive so we could beat the enrage.

However, turns out we didn't have enough dps (565 almost full tank gear, 552 frost mage and 500 priest who did some dps as well), he enraged at 35 mil and 1-shotted me with a 2 mil hit.

So we had the priest relog on his ret paladin, although only 507 dps gear, I knew he could've done the difference for the enrage, cause even just 30k more dps single target over 15 mins means 27 millions, very close to beating it, so we used 8% runescroll, drums, and might, this brought my mastery from 177% to 210%, so I could use 1 more dps item, 195% mastery, to help beat the enrage.

http://postimg.org/image/t2lcrpkk5/
    http://postimg.org/image/5e5uwfo0l/
    http://postimg.org/image/l0x49t1sl/
    http://postimg.org/image/kllugsfv9/

Was quite a challenge I have to say and a lot of fun, especially enrage-wise and also surviving at some point, decided to use IBF glyph and do a rotation for the stomps IBF-dg-IBF, etc., DG was always ready just in time, also took glyph of pestilence to take adds aggro more easily and roiling blood and chillblains to slowly kill them, although chillblains, even if it works on them, didn't seem to be very helpful and I'll just take DA next time, and we had 38 sec left to enrage (stopwatch started later, forgot).

Doable with 2 ofc, if the dps can heal himself enough from fire arrows, warlocks come to mind.

376, 292 and 95k dps dk, mage and paladin, but that is overall, and even though we single-target focused galleon, 60% of our damage was on adds, so constantly they spawned, actual dps on galleon considering the damage we did on it is like 160k, 105k and 42k, pets aren't considered (DRW, army either), so that explains the bit of dps missing to make the 320 mil.
    Last edited by Esploratore; 2014-03-15 at 11:51 PM.

Deleted
    I dont think galleon is that hard that though did it with dps gear(mastery gems though) as blood 577 itemlvl and my brother hunter 577 itemlvl as well we manage to beat it with like 40 secs before enrage.Sadly as you said my bro died like 3-4 times but we did still make it.I am pretty sure a mage hitted for a few secs as well,a random guy but he died really quick so i dont even consider his dmg,so its definetly possible dps-wise with 2 ppl.

What's up with Bloodqueen? Used to have no problems getting her to bite a ghoul on 25 man and here lately she's been biting me each time. Since I"m working on Shadowfrost shards right now I did a few bosses on heroic for better odds of dropping them. I can't bring her down in 55 seconds as dps and definitely not tank on 25 man

Quote Originally Posted by RandomHabit View Post
    What's up with Bloodqueen? Used to have no problems getting her to bite a ghoul on 25 man and here lately she's been biting me each time. Since I"m working on Shadowfrost shards right now I did a few bosses on heroic for better odds of dropping them. I can't bring her down in 55 seconds as dps and definitely not tank on 25 man
    You making sure to only aggro with Plague Scientist/Ghoul?

Deleted
    I haven't really soloed (at all, not just with my DK) since right before they nerfed gold drops from bosses, so it's like I'm starting all over again. I'm currently at 560 ilvl since I recently dinged, but I expect to be at 570-575 within a few weeks. If I'm soloing the tougher bosses (25man/25hc Cata or MoP bosses) will enrage be mostly my issue or survivability?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm too cheap to regem every time and I'm too lazy to get two sets of gear. Running with an avoidance build atm, so with the increased RP and crit gain, I assume my dmg will be pretty high compared to mastery/haste stackers.

I read the OP, but it seems a bit outdated, especially since it recommends str for dmg and throws out parry&dodge out the window.

And yeah, I'm too lazy to read through almost 200 pages for something that might not even be listed there.
    Last edited by mmoce8f8bee469; 2014-03-23 at 05:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol;26068795
    [URL="http://i.imgur.com/KMlRD44.jpg"
    [/URL]

nope, your eyes don't lie. :3333
    46 wipes, but at least 30 wipes were done as Frost spec. (I managed to bring Elegon to p2 as Frost twice, but it wasn't as good as I hoped on the sparks, so I just went back to Blood.)
    I won't tell the strat just yet, because I know of at least one person who is attempting Elegon right as I post this and would rather not have it spoiled.
    I understand that you don't want Raegwyn to clone this <:

Awesome, I'm really curious...how the fuck? O_o
    Nomi Solo - 70 DK soloing

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomisno View Post

She's probably referring to Snowball (warlock). It's definitely an expletive-worthy solo, though. . . Are you going to do this every week for the mount, Mione?
    Even if not, I'm laughing at the mere possibility :P

I also noticed that Frost Fever ticks for normal damage on Sapphiron - isn't he supposed to be resistant to Frost damage?

Raegwyn isn't very active currently unfortunately. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    I also noticed that Frost Fever ticks for normal damage on Sapphiron - isn't he supposed to be resistant to Frost damage?
    Didn't play Vanilla so I'm not sure if he ever was resistant to frost, but I'm fairly certain all those resistances were done away with long ago.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think a single boss after AQ40 had any kind of magical resistance (not talking about magical immunity, as some BC bosses did have it). These bosses who did have magical resistance still have it (whether it's positive or negative resistance, see Firelords in MC for an example of negative resist, or C'Thun for an example of partial resists). Maybe Sapphiron in Naxx40 had some resist, but I'm fairly sure it was just plain immune to Frost. The naxx10-25 versions never had resistances iirc.
    Clearly, I was misled by Wowpedia then.

And yeah, I'm referring to snowball who posted something about elegon in the warlock thread (no idea if he's thinking of an idea similar to mine or something completely different), and Whiskz (monk) who asked me explicitly to wait a little bit before revealing it so he can keep brainstorming a little :>
    Ok, I just thought about the usual hate between you and Raeg^^

Never trust Wowpedia btw

It is not outdated. Str is still the best for anything sub 70-80k vengeance, and this is particularly true the lower your ilvl is.
    Avoidance is worse than crit regardless of gear level, but isn't massively behind.
    Your avoidance gear will be fine, just not as optimal as DPS gear.

- - - Updated - - -

nope, your eyes don't lie. :3333
    46 wipes, but at least 30 wipes were done as Frost spec. (I managed to bring Elegon to p2 as Frost twice, but it wasn't as good as I hoped on the sparks, so I just went back to Blood.)
    I won't tell the strat just yet, because I know of at least one person who is attempting Elegon right as I post this and would rather not have it spoiled.
    WOW. Just wow. 367k dps means the fight lasts for ~15 minutes, so bypassing the enrage is possible =) I honestly thought it's impossiblle for dks XD Amazing job, as always.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrSmallBody/videos - Warlock soloing & other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Small snowball View Post
    WOW. Just wow. 367k dps means the fight lasts for ~15 minutes, so bypassing the enrage is possible =) I honestly thought it's impossiblle for dks XD Amazing job, as always.
    Wait isn't the "enrage" simply a onehit aoe in this particular fight? If so, it may be survivable

No. Enrage is one-shot ability, that bypasses any invulnerability, including purgatory
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=132256
    Last edited by Small snowball; 2014-03-23 at 04:31 PM.

"Radius: 200 yards" I'm thinking of ridiculous things right now

"Radius: 200 yards" I'm thinking of ridiculous things right now
    Yes, this is the way to bypass it, but evade radius is also 200 yards

We'll see =) Trying him right now

then we have different strategies.
    Now this is even more interesting ^-^

10+ Year Old Account
    " inflicting 902500 to 997500 damage". Doesn't that mean tanks with more hp than that will survive?

Deleted
    It is not outdated. Str is still the best for anything sub 70-80k vengeance, and this is particularly true the lower your ilvl is.
    Avoidance is worse than crit regardless of gear level, but isn't massively behind.
    Your avoidance gear will be fine, just not as optimal as DPS gear.
    That's kinda why I thought str wasn't that good anymore, since the OP was last updated when ilvl 550 was BiS, while it's 580 now. But alright. I guess I better get some dps gear too. Was trying Stone Guard yesterday and yeah, I sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyF1069 View Post
    " inflicting 902500 to 997500 damage". Doesn't that mean tanks with more hp than that will survive?
    It onehits in addition to it.

I wanted to post another idea but I found it ridiculous. Then I saw ... something magically and my idea IS how mione did it .________________.'