View Poll Results: What is the probability that the Tinker can be the next class ( IYO)

Voters
1260. This poll is closed
  • 0%

660 52.38%
  • 0-10%

189 15.00%
  • 10-20%

58 4.60%
  • 20-30%

51 4.05%
  • 30-40%

30 2.38%
  • 40-50%

58 4.60%
  • 50-60%

48 3.81%
  • 60-70%

34 2.70%
  • 70-80%

38 3.02%
  • 80-90%

25 1.98%
  • 90-100%

69 5.48%
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Some of my opinions are biased, some are not.

Ielenia's opinion that I quoted is definitely biased.
    All opinions are biased that's what makes them opinions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I don't give the Tinkers that benefit because a robot factory is much bigger than a keg of beer or even a bottle. Remember we're talking something almost as big as a house here. You would be right in accusing me of bias if I didn't extend the Warriors and Shamans the same benefit I give monks, but not to that. Sorry.
    Except we're talking about a small device that transforms to a larger device. A monk carrying thousands of barrels is carrying thousands of barrels of beer.

Said 'highly advanced piece of technology' doesn't exist anywhere in the world of Azeroth, not even mentions. No precedent. 'But tinkers can build advanced technology no one else can't'. No! That is BS reasoning, and you know it.
    Where does it say that Tinkers aren't using advanced technology? Clearly they do. Considering that a couple of their capabilities mirror Titan-tech, and none of the Tinkers abilities exist in the profession, i dont see why we cant say that they build things no one else can.

Hannah Barbera =/= Blizzard.
    Nice dodge.

Okay, but its not in Engieering.

But thank you for further proving my point; The Tinker's abilities are perfectly viable for WoW inclusion, and are absent in the Engineering profession.

Engineered by Mimiron, he dominates the Scrapyard area of Ulduar and considers himself his inventor's son. This causes the machine to behave like a young boy

want to try again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatecore View Post
    Engineered by Mimiron, he dominates the Scrapyard area of Ulduar and considers himself his inventor's son. This causes the machine to behave like a young boy

want to try again?
    Yeah, please show me Gravity Bomb in Engineering.

Yeah, please show me Gravity Bomb in Engineering.
    so back to hypocrite mode right Teriz ?

Except we're talking about a small device that transforms to a larger device. A monk carrying thousands of barrels is carrying thousands of barrels of beer.
    Actually, your device is as big as a factory.

Where does it say that Tinkers aren't using advanced technology? Clearly they do. Considering that a couple of their capabilities mirror Titan-tech, and none of the Tinkers abilities exist in the profession, i dont see why we cant say that they build things no one else can.
    The only place it says tinkers are using 'highly advanced technology no one else can use' is in your mind. That stuff is literally pulled right out of your backside.

Nice dodge.
    Not dodge. Fact. For that same reason I could point out such things as 'pocket factories' don't exist in shows like 'House' or movies like 'Inception'. You're trying to use outside sources that has nothing to do with the world setting the game is based on to prove viability.

All of my opinions are biased
    fixed. no need to thank me

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatecore View Post
    so back to hypocrite mode right Teriz ?
    If you're saying that gravity bomb is part of engineering, then find it in engineering.

It shouldn't be that hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, your device is as big as a factory.
    After it comes out of the much smaller device.

The only place it says tinkers are using 'highly advanced technology no one else can use' is in your mind. That stuff is literally pulled right out of your backside.
    Then where is the Tinker technology within the Engineering profession?

Not dodge. Fact. For that same reason I could point out such things as 'pocket factories' don't exist in shows like 'House' or movies like 'Inception'. You're trying to use outside sources that has nothing to do with the world setting the game is based on to prove viability.
    Then town in a box should work out better for you. It's more than likely the same tech as pocket factory, and it exists in the game world.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2014-03-20 at 11:07 PM.

After it comes out of the much smaller device.
    You still don't get it, do you? Even if it did come out of a 'much smaller device', how would this factory fit during a combat situation? Scale, my friend. Scale.

Then where is the Tinker technology within the Engineering profession?
    I'm sorry, we all tried, but you glued, nailed and riveted the wool too tightly over your eyes, by now.

Then town in a box should work out better for you. It's more than likely the same tech as pocket factory, and it exists in the game world.
    See answer #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    The goblin towns in Kezan, Lost Isles and Twilight Highlands came out of a box, fully formed. But the pocket factory does not have to be the same size as it was in WC3. It could be as simple as a flat teleport pad that brings in robots from a base, or it could be a contraption the size of a totem that spawns robots as big as companion pets. The point is in the functionality much more than the looks. A spawn point for walking bombs is all it is.

Edit:

Another thing just occurred to me. This is the branch of knowledge that produces the shrinking and enlarging rays. So there is a viable lore reason a town could fit in a box or a factory could fit in a pocket. Unlike most other examples of the use of hammerspace in class abilities.
    The only reason the factory comes up as being a factory for making robots is Teriz trying to show that none of the tinker's WC3 abilities are taken and that they needto be in the game, and that they are on the same level of fantasy as other WoW abilities.

Some small robot teleporter, or robots being created from leftover junk parts from the tinker's other creations are pretty cool and very workable ideas, being both smaller scale and less absurd. The class ends up being a lot more manageable with small changes like that, but it ruins Teriz's heartheld belief that tinkers need to be the next class added, this time for sure. A conversation about how to make tinkers cool, interesting, and suited to the setting would be entirely different from this one of ensuring that tinkers are next up or more likely than some other class.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think he gets his hypocrisy.

If you're going to say that a tech-based weapon that does AoE damage (I.E. the Landshark) does not serve the same function as a tech-based ability that does AoE damage (I.E. Cluster Rocket) because one is an item and one is an ability; that's fine. But when you deny the fact that, ultimately, they do the same thing with the same means, and then turn around and say that Locust Swarm and Unholy Blight are 'basically' the same because they both have insects that attack AoE... It kinda makes you seem flippy-floppy.

10+ Year Old Account
    You still don't get it, do you? Even if it did come out of a 'much smaller device', how would this factory fit during a combat situation? Scale, my friend. Scale.
    It doesn't need to be a huge factory. It's called "pocket factory" after all. It should be no bigger than the Warlock's ability Demonic Gateway.

It doesn't need to be a huge factory. It's called "pocket factory" after all. It should be no bigger than the Warlock's ability Demonic Gateway.
    Then, like I said, the robots that come from it would be too small to be worthwhile, doing practically as much damage as the engineering bombs you call 'toys'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beshou View Post
    I don't think he gets his hypocrisy.

If you're going to say that a tech-based weapon that does AoE damage (I.E. the Landshark) does not serve the same function as a tech-based ability that does AoE damage (I.E. Cluster Rocket) because one is an item and one is an ability; that's fine. But when you deny the fact that, ultimately, they do the same thing with the same means, and then turn around and say that Locust Swarm and Unholy Blight are 'basically' the same because they both have insects that attack AoE... It kinda makes you seem flippy-floppy.
    Except the argument wasn't about "serving the same function". The argument was that the G91 Lamdshark is the SAME as Cluster Rocket, or that the G91 Landshark represents Cluster Rocket in WoW.

We already have an ability called Cluster Rocket in WoW that is very similar to the WC3 ability anyway. Why would you still believe that the G91 landshark is remotely similar to Cluster Rocket at that point?

As for Locust Swarm, the Druid's Insect Swarm was closer to it than Unholy Blight. Either ability is clearly Locust Swarm's representative in WoW
    Last edited by Teriz; 2014-03-20 at 11:37 PM.

I wouldnt mind "shrug" im a casual

10+ Year Old Account
    Then, like I said, the robots that come from it would be too small to be worthwhile, doing practically as much damage as the engineering bombs you call 'toys'.
    Nonsense. Just because they're small doesn't mean they wouldn't be damaging.

Nonsense. Just because they're small doesn't mean they wouldn't be damaging.
    As far as explosives go, size matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as explosives go, size matters.
    They should be larger than pipe bombs, and pipe bombs are extremely dangerous.

They should be larger than pipe bombs, and pipe bombs are extremely dangerous.
    Considering they'd need mechanical parts to more and all that, they'd be smaller than pipe bombs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering they'd need mechanical parts to more and all that, they'd be smaller than pipe bombs.
    Are you serious? Do you not know how large demonic gateway is? Its way larger than a character. If Pocket Factory is half that size, it should be able to produce decently sized robots with plenty of explosive power.