Poll: Do you want a Meta progression system like this one?

Deleted

IDEA: Meta Progression Spanning Expansions - PATH OF TITANS

What ho,

With each expansion, we all take part in the following gear treadmill:

• Level up - acquire gear from quests to use in dungeons.
    • Run scenarios and dungeons - acquire gear from bosses to use in raids.
    • Run raids, PvP, world bosses, and other forms of endgame content - acquire gear from all of that to use in new tiers and at higher difficulty settings.
    • New expansion - reset and repeat.

Wouldn't it be cool if everything you did rewarded you with a few points you could distribute somehow to gain power in various ways (like Paragon Levels do in Diablo 3)? Playing through any type of content could give points, but based on the difficulty, time required, and so on should reward more. Especially when the content is current.

Then, once the new expansion hits and you've been a dedicated player throughout the previous one, you will still keep some amount of bonus power that is only available to you and others who worked just as hard as you did. Not too much power as that would punish less dedicated people too much. But enough to make you feel like all the hard work was worth it, and that your account becomes more heroic with every passing year.

So we end up with super players as time passes. There are enough issues with balance as it is we don't need some way for people to amp up their toons.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Problem is that this needs to be balanced. If it enhances player power significantly, it will simply be 100% mandatory, and your chance of getting into any raid/BG/dungeon without it are about has high as getting into a raid at level 89 right now.

If it's something that all players have to do, it will be rushed, and very unpopular to repeat on alts.

As a general idea with some kind of reward to make it attractive without being 100% mandatory, sure thing, I'm up.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

Wouldn't it be cool if everything you did rewarded you with a few points you could distribute somehow to gain power in various ways (like Paragon Levels do in Diablo 3)?
    We had this in EverQuest. They were called Alternate Advancement points and you could upgrade everything from core stats to run speed to unlocking new class abilities.

It kind of ruined the game because everyone suddenly got super, super picky about how many AA points you had. You couldn't get into a decent guild without 500+ points which took an eternity of dedication to a single character. It was pretty much awful and it was one of the core reasons I quit the game when my guild disbanded.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Deleted
    Well, like I said in the OP, balance is key. It can't be overpowered. You can negate the effect of these bonuses in PvP, and in PvE it should only be just beneficial enough that you feel good about it, but not to the extent that people who weren't around will feel gimped over missing out.

There is no way to balance this well. It does nothing but create a gap between veterans and newer players; which Blizzard pretty blatantly wants to avoid what with all the catch-up changes they add to things like the MoP legendary quest and the whole boost-to-90 thing.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    Well, like I said in the OP, balance is key. It can't be overpowered. You can negate the effect of these bonuses in PvP, and in PvE it should only be just beneficial enough that you feel good about it, but not to the extent that people who weren't around will feel gimped over missing out.
    Why would Blizzard do something like this then? If it does so little it wont make a difference, but yet somehow makes people feel good about it, then why? You can't have it both ways. So weak it doesn't matter yet strong enough to let older players or people that play a ton stroke their epeens.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."