Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    We don't need any more fucking races.
    Hey, I don't disagree. I'm just being on-topic. If anything their needs to more customization options for current races, allowing you to make use of the already existing 'sub-races', that's my opinion.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    Doubt it. People have been asking for playable Ogres and Arakkoa since TBC hit.

Ogres would be way too big and, if you shrunk them down to Tauren sizes, what's the point in having an Ogre? Would be interesting to see how gear fits on an Arakkoa, might need a bit of a change so that gear fits.

I would quite like the idea of a branch of Arakkoa being saved by Night Elves. Some eggs are rescued that are free from corruption, so we get slightly more humanoid looking Arakkoa that can fit gear, but still look true to being Arakkoa. They join the Alliance with the premise of being a 'new' race that are trying to find themselves in this world. Maybe have one Arakkoa that's already good, who helps you free the other eggs in a Warlords questline, and he then goes on to be the leader of the new Arakkoa. Could work really well I think.

Edit: Could replace Night Elves with the Tauren or Cenarion Circle to get Horde Arakkoa or the same thing with the Pandaren. I'd rather they were on Alliance though because I don't want the Neutral race thing to become common, Horde already got Goblins and kind of deserve a brand new race and to me, an evil race that has just broke from corruption wouldn't want to join the faction that's essentially responsible for what's going on in Draenor.
    There's already ogres with the size of Taurens ingame...

There's already a redeemed Arakkoa ingame (in Shattrash)

- - - Updated - - -

We don't need new classes or new races, but people like to have new things, more options... so yeah... lets have new races :P

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't need new classes or new races, but people like to have new things, more options... so yeah... lets have new races :P
    We don't need any of them. If anything it'd be nice if Blizzard thought of different features.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    We don't need any of them. If anything it'd be nice if Blizzard thought of different features.
    Like what? Another difficulty level for raids? C'mon get real this is WoW, whatever fantasy you have in mind, it's never going to happen.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with you, once again lol

Hypothetically speaking, yes.... Ogres and Arrakoa could be new races, so could be furbolgs, or murlocs, or......
    People wanted them since time X is hardly a compelling argument. That same argument could be made about various races, if not all of them..
    Why can't I be a minotaur? Why am I not a Naga? And the list keeps going on...
    Which closes the cycle to "we don't need anymore races". It's perfectly FINE to have non player races in the game. Lots of them.
    Where would we stop? Because I've always wanted to be an ant..... Those nerubians are as ugly as charming...

Regarding gear looks.... Who says gear has to be always seen, let alone perfectly seen? Can't really see boots on tauren and draenei either, right?
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

No new races yet. Sub-races will happen before a new race.

You don't need new animations or any new rigging and after they spend all this time on the race revamp, you can bet they'd rather expand on that work than to start from scratch on something else.

There are certainly more races to be added, but I think the next expansion will bring sub-races instead of a new race. Perhaps two expansions from now we'll see something completely new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I agree with you, once again lol

Hypothetically speaking, yes.... Ogres and Arrakoa could be new races, so could be furbolgs, or murlocs, or......
    People wanted them since time X is hardly a compelling argument. That same argument could be made about various races, if not all of them..
    Why can't I be a minotaur? Why am I not a Naga? And the list keeps going on...
    Which closes the cycle to "we don't need anymore races". It's perfectly FINE to have non player races in the game. Lots of them.
    Where would we stop? Because I've always wanted to be an ant..... Those nerubians are as ugly as charming...

Regarding gear looks.... Who says gear has to be always seen, let alone perfectly seen? Can't really see boots on tauren and draenei either, right?
    I understand, but when it comes to bring something new... that's the easiest thing to add, look at WoD, many people felt that the expansion didn't had enought cause we didn't got a class or a race...

Also... we already have minotaurs (taurens), Blizzard already said that Murlocs will never become a playable race, and here's a minilist of the race people want the most:

High Elf
    Naga
    Ogres
    Arakkoa
    Ethereal
    Vrykul

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I understand, but when it comes to bring something new... that's the easiest thing to add, look at WoD, many people felt that the expansion didn't had enought cause we didn't got a class or a race...

Also... we already have minotaurs (taurens), Blizzard already said that Murlocs will never become a playable race, and here's a minilist of the race people want the most:

High Elf
    Naga
    Ogres
    Arakkoa
    Ethereal
    Vrykul
    People complaining about WoD are silly and premature.. We didn't even get to set foot into a beta yet... The entire content of that expansion is in shrouds and unknown. We know a few glimpses at best...
    Minotaur was my bad.. I meant Centaur. They too are in the game, we even were able to get reputation with 2 factions.

I'd much rather see other stuff in the game than new races. It doesn't do much to me if I get a new race, when in the end I take just another body through already known content. With that, I don't even talk about dungeons either... What I would like to see in WoW would be more dynamic content. From the last tier to the new expansion about 1 yr time? No problem..... If there was new dynamic content in the game, added in portions every 3 - 4 weeks, the game wouldn't be boring ever.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

I could definitely see Ogre's as a future playable race for the Horde. It's pretty much inevitable at some point in the next few years.

As for the Arrakoa, I think they will play more of a Klaxxi style role in WoD and I doubt they would work very well as an Alliance race. Unless AU Arrakoa are more humanoid and not as hunched as Outland Arrakoa, I couldn't really see it happening.

I would love to see an Arrakoa as an Alliance race that looks like this however.

- - - Updated - - -

High Elf
    Naga
    Ogres
    Arakkoa
    Ethereal
    Vrykul

I would argue that the Naga and Vrykul have no place as a playable race in WoW. The Vrykul's story is pretty much complete, and without returning to Northrend, which is unlikely, we probably won't see them again let alone have them as a playable race. As for the Naga, they are firmly allied to Azshara and by proxy, N'zoth. I could see some Aquatic races native to the rift become playable in the eventual "Dark Below" expansion, but the Naga, with their legs and inability to wear boots, are a no go for me.
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    People complaining about WoD are silly and premature.. We didn't even get to set foot into a beta yet... The entire content of that expansion is in shrouds and unknown. We know a few glimpses at best...
    Minotaur was my bad.. I meant Centaur. They too are in the game, we even were able to get reputation with 2 factions.

I'd much rather see other stuff in the game than new races. It doesn't do much to me if I get a new race, when in the end I take just another body through already known content. With that, I don't even talk about dungeons either... What I would like to see in WoW would be more dynamic content. From the last tier to the new expansion about 1 yr time? No problem..... If there was new dynamic content in the game, added in portions every 3 - 4 weeks, the game wouldn't be boring ever.
    The problem is that it could have the same problem as GW2, what's that? that the content changed so fast, that people didn't had time to completely enjoy X or Y and what they worked so hard to get became irrelevant really fast

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I would argue that the Naga and Vrykul have no place as a playable race in WoW. The Vrykul's story is pretty much complete, and without returning to Northrend, which is unlikely, we probably won't see them again let alone have them as a playable race. As for the Naga, they are firmly allied to Azshara and by proxy, N'zoth. I could see some Aquatic races native to the rift become playable in the eventual "Dark Below" expansion, but the Naga, with their legs and inability to wear boots, are a no go for me.
    Actually no, the Vrykul have still a lot of story left, we know they left Northrend to go somewhere (we don't know where or why), and they came back (why did they came back) also they already have a connection with the horde (the Valkyrs), etc... etc... etc...

Also the Naga problem can be easily solved, just because there's no a reason right now doesn't mean there couldn't be one, at least we know there are some Nagas that worship Neptulon and may be against Azshara, so that could be a faction to join the horde or the alliance... also... we know that the not boots problem is a little irrelevant, we have taurens and trolls that can't wear those, also in the end they do get "boots" but instead of looking as boots they look like rings in their tail

Note: We already had some races with no reason to have them playable but Blizzard found a good way to add them like the Worgens or the Draenei

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all I will afford to break the indivisible binomial of "Ogres for the Horde and High Elves for the Alliance", if only for once. I continue.

Interesting, very interesting, no doubt both Ogres as Arakkoa are two races that have great potential to be playable.

Moreover, with the return of Draenor in the next expansion, it would be the perfect time for their introduction, as both races are native to Draenor and will play an important role in both 'Warlords of Draenor' as perhaps in the next expansion.

However, as stated previously, it is possible that Blizzard chooses to introduce both races in the middle of the expansion, or perhaps at the end. It would be a good tactic to combat the decline of subscriptions throughout the expansion.

Though introducing new races in the middle of an expansion would involve too much work, as it should be created for each race at least: a primary zone with the corresponding capital (in Draenor) and one secondary area (also in Draenor) which would be connected at the same time with a tertiary zone of the old world (Azeroth) to continue the level flow of the corresponding faction.

Therefore, I would opt for the Ogres and Arakkoa becoming playable in the next expansion after 'Warlords of Draenor', assuming that it develops into a new continent of Draenor and obviously that these races are involved in its story.

As for the Ogres there's to say a few things:

• They are the playable race that needs the Horde to be complete.
    • The Ogres of Draenor are more evolved, being as smart as the other races.
    • It is yet to reveal the Ogre continent that is south of the main continent of Draenor, which is in full swing of the Ogre Empire. Is supposed that in this continent would be located the low level areas and the capital of the Ogres.

Regarding the Arakkoa we must say that:

• They already collaborated with the Alliance in the past, so its affiliation with the Alliance is totally plausible.
    • A non-mammalian race would be interesting and original. Besides, I count with Naga being a playable race in a few years (neutral of course).

- - - Updated - - -

As i said before 1 race can have different models and in the end they will still be the same race and i won't be giving them biological distinction, look at Thrall, look at Garrosh, look at Malfurion, look at Velen, look at Nozdormu's human form, etc...

Just because they look different doesn't mean that they are something different.

Note: no, i don't even care if the HE became a playable race but i'm just pointing out that they could still be different from the BE without breaking lore
    Do not strain yourself, the High Elf haters will never budge, their hatred and insidiousness exceeds our attempts to reason. Their loyalty to the Horde is impassable.

Fortunately we are not alone, we are many who will support the High Elves at any cost until the end of days of Warcraft.

Hail Alleria! For the Quel'dorei! Glory to the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Rathbourne View Post
    Mok'Nathal (half Orc/Ogres) for Horde and High elves for the Alliance.
    Think about it ,both have similarities with other races but still are different,so its kinda even with both factions.Mok'Nathal are alot like Orcs, just bigger and not green.High elves are Blood elves except they have blue eyes and are not magic crack addicts. If there is only a few players who them,even better since they are less in number lorewise .

They could be included in a "Legion in Outland from Argus" expansion. Alleria and Turalyon returns,Rexxar returns. Alleria leads High elves, Rexxar leads Mok'nathal.
    And maybe Rexxar's dad dies,and he realises that he has to stop wandering and start leading for his people's sake.

Racials for Mok'nathal : Tame pets ,whatever class you are.Not powerful pets ,but minor ones that can help in levelling up or something...
    Racials for High elves : hmm...iv not thought this through : \
    I pray every day for what you say come true someday ... facing the tyranny of Blizzard that's the only thing we have left ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Like what? Another difficulty level for raids? C'mon get real this is WoW, whatever fantasy you have in mind, it's never going to happen.
    I'll let Blizzard do the thinking.

facing the tyranny of Blizzard that's the only thing we have left ...

HOLY BLOWING STUFF OUT OF PROPORTION BATMAN!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I think what will happen first is a third faction will get introduced before a new race will. I just think the story is prepping for it, Horde are already very leery of the Blood Elves and Forsaken. Basically those two were kind forced into joining the Horde because, the Alliance betrayed your "High Elves" don't forget, that the reason the High Elves became Blood Elves, is because the Alliance refused to send them reinforcements when the Scourge attacked and they were slaughtered. The Alliance and Forsaken didn't get along. Forsaken and Blood Elves became allies and were definitely not going to join the Alliance, so they joined the Horde. They don't get along very well with the Horde and I could see them eventually splintering off. Maybe introducing races to either replace the splintering or to fill the ranks of the new third faction.

Blood Elves have always been friendly with the Naga and could definitely see if a Third Faction getting introduced pairing Blood Elves with Naga, and maybe even make a faction specific class like the Demon Hunter, as Illidan is the most famous demon hunter and the Blood Elves former Prince did side with them. If you remember your Blood Elf lore, they still don't see Kael'thas as a traitor.

In my eyes, I think Blizzard is prepping a third faction to be introduced and maybe having the BE and Forsaken splintering from Horde and I could see possibly Alliance losing possibly the Worgen, as they never fit.... Who knows though, I"m just speculating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AzazeltheRuthless View Post
    the Alliance betrayed your "High Elves" don't forget, that the reason the High Elves became Blood Elves, is because the Alliance refused to send them reinforcements when the Scourge attacked and they were slaughtered.
    You can not confront to me, not even with cheap demagoguery ... When the high elves called for help, Lordaeron was completely destroyed by the Scourge, it was impossible to help them ...

Remember that the Blood Elves were those who betrayed the Alliance, betrayed their ancestors and even betrayed themselves. Now they are a corrupt and treacherous race, just scum ....

Arakkoa are the trolls of this expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathbourne View Post
    Mok'Nathal (half Orc/Ogres) for Horde and High elves for the Alliance.
    Think about it ,both have similarities with other races but still are different,so its kinda even with both factions.Mok'Nathal are alot like Orcs, just bigger and not green.High elves are Blood elves except they have blue eyes and are not magic crack addicts. If there is only a few players who them,even better since they are less in number lorewise .

They could be included in a "Legion in Outland from Argus" expansion. Alleria and Turalyon returns,Rexxar returns. Alleria leads High elves, Rexxar leads Mok'nathal.
    And maybe Rexxar's dad dies,and he realises that he has to stop wandering and start leading for his people's sake.

Racials for Mok'nathal : Tame pets ,whatever class you are.Not powerful pets ,but minor ones that can help in levelling up or something...
    Racials for High elves : hmm...iv not thought this through : \
    No High Elves please. We don't need more elves on either side. :S

I want Arakkoa for the simple fact (besides being awesome) that no other game really has bird-folk other than dice games (D&D 1e had Aarakocra- the inspiration for the Arakkoa). They don't even have to have many feathers besides on their head really, and maybe a few on the body so you can change their skin color/feather color.

Ogres would be great for the Horde. Mok'nathal are cool and all, but we already have Orcs on Horde side.

EDIT: Would also be awesome to see Druids be able to get this for their cat form. 8D
    Last edited by Blufossa; 2014-03-21 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    You can not confront to me, not even with cheap demagoguery ... When the high elves called for help, Lordaeron was completely destroyed by the Scourge, it was impossible to help them ...

Remember that the Blood Elves were those who betrayed the Alliance, betrayed their ancestors and even betrayed themselves. Now they are a corrupt and treacherous race, just scum ....
    Obviously don't read your lore at all.... Not only did the Alliance refuse to assist them when Lordaeron was sacked and 90% of the population wiped out. When the Blood Elves begged for assistance when the Amani Trolls attacked them, the Human General refused to send assistance. The only group the offered assistance to help the already destroyed race was the Naga. Which then the same General threw Kael'thas and the population into prison. Who then the Naga came back to help the Blood Elves escape from Dalaran prisons.

Blood elves didn't betray anyone and were just betrayed by the Alliance for simply trying to survive.

For the love of god, no. I would seriously much rather the Alliance just get shortchanged than see the Arakkoa as a playable race. I do not want to see half-assed, shambling, Skeksis ripoffs lurching their way through Stormwind's streets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some fun thoughts for the racials:

Ogres
    Big Muscle: +15 to your mining skill and faster mining.
    Don't Feel Nothin': Your characters takes 2% less durability loss when dying (PvE only).
    Burp: You belch a horrendous odor from the bottom of your belly, turning your foes in the other direction Useable on up to 3 enemies. 1.5 sec cast aoe fear. Melee range only. 3min CD.
    Me Help!: Your undying loyalty must be proven on the battlefield! Gain 1% Haste during the daytime, gain 1% crit at night.

Arakkoa
    Birds of a Feather: While in a group, you give your allies 1% Haste/Crit/Mastery. (Disabled in Arenas.)
    Featherlight: Being a bird has it's advantages. You gain 5% running speed boost at all times.
    Early Bird Gets The...: +15 Herbalism boost and faster herb gathering.
    Songbird: You let out a mighty CAW that increases your Melee, Ranged, and Spell haste by 15% for 10sec. 3min CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    For the love of god, no. I would seriously much rather the Alliance just get shortchanged than see the Arakkoa as a playable race. I do not want to see half-assed, shambling, Skeksis ripoffs lurching their way through Stormwind's streets.
    Why? Why not have something unique to the Alliance again while FINALLY giving the Horde another race long overdue? I would rather have something unique to WoW than another elf/human like race on Alliance side (Worgen included for their human form transform).
    Last edited by Blufossa; 2014-03-21 at 08:37 PM.