Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Exclamation Remove healing from Shadow Priest, buff damage and move away from Discipline abilitiy

This is what I think Shadow Priest needs:
    • Remove healing 'others' from Shadow Priest shadow spells.
    • Remove use of Holy or Discipline spells that heal, at all.
    • Increase damage to compensate for loss of healing 'others'
    • Give Shadow some kind of Shadow Shield instead of using lightful Discipline shield that doesn't fit with the theme of Shadow at all.

Cus honestly, Shadow is Shadow when you are specced Shadow, it isn't like "light-hearted" now I'm bit throwing Shadowly spells with touch of lightful Holy spells to cheer the sad Shadow cursed people with lightdelight, what!? You get it.

When this is done.
    Shadow Priest can be in line with a Warlock or Mage or Rogue in term of damage without being overpowered cus of extra healing or whatever it may be. That's good.

Deleted
    I would prefer they removed the shadow spec completely, and replaced it with a 'light magic' based dps spec.

A Priest should be smiting down their enemies and burning them with divine fire, not messing around with impure shadow magic nonsense. I suppose I am thinking of a caster based equivalent of the Paladins Retribution spec. Or at least give us a glyph to turn shadow spells into holy spells.

Back on topic, I wouldn't mind if they removed the healing part of the Priest dps spec and in return buffed the damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korbany View Post
    I would prefer they removed the shadow spec completely, and replaced it with a 'light magic' based dps spec.
    A Priest should be smiting down their enemies and burning them with divine fire, not messing around with impure shadow magic nonsense.
    I disagree. I rolled my Shadow Priest in Vanilla because I liked the flavour of it, and because I wanted to play a shadowy caster without the fire and demon nonsense.
    Never even touched Holy/Disc so far. Removing the Shadow aspect from the class would probably make me reroll for the first time since then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    I disagree. I rolled my Shadow Priest in Vanilla because I liked the flavour of it, and because I wanted to play a shadowy caster without the fire and demon nonsense.
    Never even touched Holy/Disc so far. Removing the Shadow aspect from the class would probably make me reroll for the first time since then.
    How someone could possibly supposedly play a class for nearly 10 years and not even attempt the other specs is beyond me. Or it's just a flatout lie.
    Look! Words!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    How someone could possibly supposedly play a class for nearly 10 years and not even attempt the other specs is beyond me. Or it's just a flatout lie.
    Uhm yea. No. I don't like playing a healer, and since both other specs are healing specs...sure, I could play another class, but why would I if I enjoy my Shadow Priest? I don't think that I'm obliged to play every role my class is capable of.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2014-03-22 at 11:55 AM.

Deleted
    Shadow face melting goodness, nobody that rolls shadow gives fuck about heals. They aren't used in raids for any effectiveness and are only used in PvP because you can. Blizzard need to make hybrids viable as hybrids or split the specs into distinct healer or DPS roles.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by profanity79 View Post
    Shadow face melting goodness, nobody that rolls shadow gives fuck about heals. They aren't used in raids for any effectiveness and are only used in PvP because you can. Blizzard need to make hybrids viable as hybrids or split the specs into distinct healer or DPS roles.
    I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about right here. But as I see it, your heroic experience can't really be that high, or you have done heroics whilst outgearing them. Timing Halo:s VE:s, or Divine Star for that matter is extremely important. Heck I just remeber yesterday where I was doing a bit over 100k healing on Malkorok just by spamming my abilities. Add 2 more Spriests and you have a good healer right there. (Talking about 25 man). The same goes for Boomkins and also Shamans. The healing cds that they have at their exposal is extremely good. Just take the example of 1 man healing Garrosh Heroic (10 man). You wouldn't be able to do it without the hybrids heals.

hybrid are good as they are, but you need a raid group that will make use of it, if you only want to dps and be able to follow top 3 dps on all fight of every tier you shouldnt play an hybrid class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liveet View Post
    I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about right here. But as I see it, your heroic experience can't really be that high, or you have done heroics whilst outgearing them. Timing Halo:s VE:s, or Divine Star for that matter is extremely important. Heck I just remeber yesterday where I was doing a bit over 100k healing on Malkorok just by spamming my abilities. Add 2 more Spriests and you have a good healer right there. (Talking about 25 man). The same goes for Boomkins and also Shamans. The healing cds that they have at their exposal is extremely good. Just take the example of 1 man healing Garrosh Heroic (10 man). You wouldn't be able to do it without the hybrids heals.
    You don't fully grasp what he meant. Yes , halo cleave heals , yes VE is a strong heal cd , but all the casted heals, renew , pom and power word shield are basically redundant. When your guild relies on you shielding and hardcast healing people then you should look out for other people to play with since they are most likely garbage.

Also , the only time you would actually "need" spriest offhealing was during undergeared progress fighs like norushen, thok and maybe garrosh. But healing is so effective/smart and easy that any healers who are not completely braindead will manage keeping your raid alive without having to "time" halo's. In the end that leaves shadow being punished in terms of damage because of a toolkit that is not needed anywhere. Seems fair right ?

I'm all for it. Shield should only work on oneself and should reflect the damage it absorbs or sth like that. Renew should als only work on the shadow and be buffed to actually matter. Flash heals etc etc should go. Pom can stay i guess since its fun :P I couldn't care less about the t90 talents not healing anymore, never gave a shit about it tbh, even in progress.
    Buff damage to compensate = happy shadows.

As a raid leader, I love the fact that I have borderline hybrid specs in my raid.

I don't play shadow priest though, so its not up to me to tell you what you enjoy. If anything give Spriests back their mana regen buffs too without removing any dps, they will definately have a strong place in most teams imo
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Because healing sucks. And as a priest, there's only 1 dd spec so far... fu blizz?
    But I agree, we need 2 dps specs.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazu View Post
    Also , the only time you would actually "need" spriest offhealing was during undergeared progress fighs like norushen, thok and maybe garrosh. But healing is so effective/smart and easy that any healers who are not completely braindead will manage keeping your raid alive without having to "time" halo's. In the end that leaves shadow being punished in terms of damage because of a toolkit that is not needed anywhere. Seems fair right ?
    I cannot agree with you there. The toolkit is absolutely needed. Especially on heroic fights. Just take Thok, Paragons or Malkorok. All of the healing hybrids are used there. And our healers are absolutely not braindead, no on the opposite, they are very good. But you can't take away the fact that healing gets alot easier when you have hybrids helping you out. And in Shadows case, we are actually helping out without losing dps. In my eyes that is extremely valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by SwizzleTweets View Post
    This is what I think Shadow Priest needs:
    • Remove healing 'others' from Shadow Priest shadow spells.
    • Remove use of Holy or Discipline spells that heal, at all.
    • Increase damage to compensate for loss of healing 'others'
    • Give Shadow some kind of Shadow Shield instead of using lightful Discipline shield that doesn't fit with the theme of Shadow at all.

Cus honestly, Shadow is Shadow when you are specced Shadow, it isn't like "light-hearted" now I'm bit throwing Shadowly spells with touch of lightful Holy spells to cheer the sad Shadow cursed people with lightdelight, what!? You get it.

When this is done.
    Shadow Priest can be in line with a Warlock or Mage or Rogue in term of damage without being overpowered cus of extra healing or whatever it may be. That's good.

No.

A big big part of Shadow is the whole "vampirism" aspect. Stealing life from your enemies and using it to heal yourself or your allies.

A dmg update *is* sorely needed though, I don't think shadow was ever this bad in dps. Cata and Wrath were much better balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Korbany View Post

A Priest should be smiting down their enemies and burning them with divine fire

That's what you have Disc for, at the moment at least. Seems like atonement is going to get nerfed next expac ..

I agree though, a 4th dedicated "smiting with holy wrath" would be awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liveet View Post
    I cannot agree with you there. The toolkit is absolutely needed. Especially on heroic fights. Just take Thok, Paragons or Malkorok. All of the healing hybrids are used there. And our healers are absolutely not braindead, no on the opposite, they are very good. But you can't take away the fact that healing gets alot easier when you have hybrids helping you out. And in Shadows case, we are actually helping out without losing dps. In my eyes that is extremely valuable.
    We are losing dps that is the point of the whole thread. The healing spells are what causes our "hybrid-tax" problem.
    Of course raid cds are used , nobody is talking of cutting VE or anything like that. But all the other clutter of spells has to go. Also to the point of "healing getting easier". Healing is definately the easiest and most braindead thing you can do in WoW atm. Every heal is smart enough to allow the player to be a brainless moron.
    It is extremely hard for healers to show any kind of skilled play at the moment. Especially healers like restodruids are so damn efficient and at the same time easy as fuck to play AND master. Nobody needs shadow healing besides VE anymore unless the healers are below-average. Why do you think blizzard changes healing and smartheals with wod ? Because its too dumbed down and easy.

Also i listed thok a possible fight. Malkorok is the Hps-cheese fight number one. Every healer who wants to push as much as possible is going to scream internally every time a halo roams through the room A few progression fights favoured shadow offheals a bit, but they nowhere near mandatory. Constantly high damage and quickly killed bosses > offheals in this tier.

Deleted
    I think theres definitely merits to Spriest healing but not in a 10man, for example my teams dps is a enhance shaman/ele shaman/balance druid/me as spriest/warlock/hunter. throw in a disc priest and a resto shaman and what u end up with is an excess of hybrid healing with the same punishment on dps. hopefully this will be addressed with the 20man comps so there isn't ever this issue but will have to see I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Uhm yea. No. I don't like playing a healer, and since both other specs are healing specs...sure, I could play another class, but why would I if I enjoy my Shadow Priest? I don't think that I'm obliged to play every role my class is capable of.

Exactly. For me the healing specs might as well not exist, healing is depressingly boring to me and the only reason I'd ever switch to healing is if my guild can't kill a boss without me healing. Shadow has such a unique spec flavor, I wouldn't trade it for anything else.

((And before anyone gets any bad ideas, Shadow is NOTHING alike to warlocks theme wise, they tap into fel magic for their power and would sacrifice their own grandma for more green fire and imps, in short warlocks are the Bit*hes of the Legion.

Shadows are priests who have decided to search an alternative to the Light's power, and instead tap into the Void to destroy our enemies and protect our allies (we know next to nothing about what exactly the Void is from wow lore), it is the same source of power that the Old Gods draw theirs from, as we share many similar themes and spells (such Mind Flay, Mind Control, Horror and Fear spells, lots of Tentacles).

Chances are it's Cthulhu itself we are receiving our powers from, or the wow equivalent of him.. I mean come ON we are flaying the minds of our enemies, driving them to the brink of madness, all the while brandishing a pair of black wings and tentacles everywhere? Yeah there certainly are some parallels right there.))

Edit: Wow. That was completely unrelated to the discussion. Note to self: Don't post early in the morning with a raging hangover.

Anyway finally back on topic: YES, YES, YES. Shadow and healing should never have been mixed to begin with, turn us into a DPS SPEC. You don't hear anyone asking the Mage Hunter or lock to offheal, so do not expect that from Shadow either.
    Last edited by Calamari; 2014-03-23 at 02:35 AM.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

This should probably happen for others as well tbh. The hybridy aspect they were going for when doing the MoP update with Druids, Shaman, and Priests has been really hard to balance.

A big healing cooldown in place of a big defensive cooldown is fine. Some self healing aspects are fine. The problem comes in where off healing capabilities start to make the actual damage aspects hard to balance out. Enhancement Shaman for example end up wonky because in PvP they're burst monsters that have two big healing cooldowns and can throw boosted off heals to their allies as often as they gt the Maelstrom charges. Druids and Priests do this as well. Priests just end up a bit more punished in the DPS department given their healing aspects are also carry overs into PvE more effectively instead of being more situational there. Things like the final Priest talent tiers can put out a pretty dumb amount of healing regularly and bringing the return of the dreaded hybrid tax.

Would like to see them look at hybrid specs in general, giving them more fleshed out personal defensives/healing and move away from the team/party/raid healing models aside from having say that 1 big cooldown. They're already removing the healing done on the Shadow version of the lvl 90 talents.

10+ Year Old Account

/tencharacters
    Last edited by Frmercury; 2014-03-23 at 01:06 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Removing heals would make it worst for healers since this expansion is basically World Of AOE. Every trash every boss aoe damage here aoe there its none stop im fed up with this expansion.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hands down THE most important and hopeful Blue Tweet?