LastLast

Rank classes by physical power.

Let's assume we have a Tauren... and let's take the following classes:

Druid

Hunter

Warrior

Sunwalker

Shaman

How much do those classes emphasize on physical power? I mean, would a Druid stand a chance against a warrior or hunter in brute strength? Do druids also do physical training or does their feral form come with no need to focus on their humanoid shape's physique?

From screenshots/art of night elf druids, they seem pretty muscular ( then again it's Malfurion so he needs to look badass ).

Druids of the Claw also seemed to be rather large/beary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior relies on raw physical strength to deal damage, or mitigate it via shield

Paladins use The Light to boost their strength

Shaman use The Elements

Druids shapeshift and use Nature

Hunters have pets
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

I'm speaking about their physical condition lorewise. No buffs.

Does a druid train his body?

I'm sure they do, they'd have to to be an adventurer, but they probably still couldn't match a warrior or paladin move for move; as they're gym rats by sheer necessity, more so than even a feral druid.

And you forgot Death Knights. Tauren can be Death Knights too, and in that case it's game over, close the books, DK brings home the gold.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Just for Taurens then..

Well yes, Death Knight probably brings home the gold. Brutal steel-clad untiring undead powerhouse.

Hunter with pet I'd place second, potentially. Some animals are pure brutal powerhouses with unmatched strength.

Warrior third. Heavy armor, brutal weapons and training. Supplementing strength with skill.

Sunwalker. Empowered combatants, they harness great strength, supplemented with mastery of Light, which does take time away from strength training.

Shaman. The elements are allies, but won't do everything for you. Many shaman stand ready to get their hands dirty.

Hunter without pets. Masters of the wild still, they are no push-overs. Masters of their environment, they stand sure-hooved to strike quick, and often brutally effective.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    I'm speaking about their physical condition lorewise. No buffs.

Does a druid train his body?
    Yes they do, the quest to get bear form explained so. Well it goes like this IMO:

Warrior -> Death Knight -> Paladin -> Shaman -> Druid -> Hunter -> Monk. Although it all depends on the fighting style of each character and race. For example Rexxar, a hunter fights more like a warrior and i would rank him higher than even Garrosh, i would put Garrosh and Thrall on par with each other, although Thrall was a warrior before being a shaman.

Eh, Rexxar's a Mok'Nathal, an orc/ogre hybrid. He is stronger than an orc by default.

I like to, and this is just me, imagine my warlock's hurling giant shadow skulls at enemies akin to throwing kettlebells. It helps me justify my human's rather buff physic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of that list I say Warrior ranks 1.
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Death Knight - As people have said, basically a Warrior that is untiring and has spells akin to the Warlock. Wins this competition by a mile.
    Warrior - Second to the Death Knight only because of fatigue and lack of twisted sorcery, he/she is the strongest physical combatant out of the rest.
    Paladin - Similar to the Warrior in physical prowess, but with portions of his/her time spent on prayer and training with the light instead of combat.
    Shaman - Somewhat similar to the Paladin physically because of lack of combat, and more training with the Elements. I'd personally fear fighting a Shaman more than a Warrior or Paladin, though.
    Druid - With most of their time being spent shape-shifted, I don't think they'd have too much time for physical training in their humanoid form.

Hunter - A ranged combatant who relies on their pet. Probably as much physical power as a Druid due to not engaging in melee and using traps.
    Rogue - A tactical combatant preferring the use of stealth and guile to dispatch of foes. Strong enough to endure a small fight long enough to escape, but nothing compared to the aforementioned classes (excluding Hunter).
    Monk - Probably the most wise, skilled and adaptable melee combatant. With the agility of a Rogue, the Monk is able to disarm and out-skill their opponent with martial prowess.

I don't even think there is any sort of discussion to be had here about number 1. Warrior.

Yes Death Knight bla bla bla, Warriors are the only ones who can and do wield 2 two handed weapons like they are fencing sticks and use "I'm angry" as a resource and deal exclusively physical damage. Not to mention with talents like Second Wind Warriors are near god like when it comes to pure non magical staying power. Without magic a Warrior pisses on fatigue and can outlast anyone and anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to talk about pure physical power, it's Warrior. I don't think Death Knights should have an advantage over Warriors simply because most of their abilities have some sort of magical or undead properties to them, whereas a Warrior's power comes through pure physical strength.

Deleted
    Death knights are the strongest by far. Warriors relies on movement tactical stances and such craps while. Death knights are massive unstopable behemohts that relies on brutal strenght and massive attacks.... Just play the game dude..warrior gems crit and craps while death knight relies on strenght and compare obliterate to any warrior attack.. Dk even has pillar of frost. Fallen crusader etc. They are all about unholy strenght while warriors are about tactical wafare
    Btw. Warriors uses titans grip just cause they have to compansate something (small pe**s)

Quote Originally Posted by Strukot View Post
    Death knights are the strongest by far. Warriors relies on movement tactical stances and such craps while. Death knights are massive unstopable behemohts that relies on brutal strenght and massive attacks.... Just play the game dude..warrior gems crit and craps while death knight relies on strenght and compare obliterate to any warrior attack.. Dk even has pillar of frost. Fallen crusader etc. They are all about unholy strenght while warriors are about tactical wafare
    Btw. Warriors uses titans grip just cause they have to compansate something (small pe**s)
    Death Knights need to use magic and stuff to compensate for their lack of physical strength. How much of a Warriors damage is Physical and how much of a Death Knights damage physical?

It's fairly obviously Warrior. No real question there. Runner up is the real question: Unholy DK or Guardian Druids?
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitheqt View Post
    Paladin - Similar to the Warrior in physical prowess, but with portions of his/her time spent on prayer and training with the light instead of combat.
    So so much wrong... Paladins are just as much competent fighters as a Warrior or Death Knight and do not spend most of their time healing and training with the light -_-, they train for combat just as much. How else could they protect the innocent and fight injustice? lol also last I checked, Warcraft 3 era paladins had to lug a giant war hammer around. Honestly they can be similar in skill and physical strength as any warrior. Only difference is that their strength, physical prowess and endurance are boosted by the light in battle, either making them stronger or removing the need for great physical strength.

Lorewise this is a moot question as it all depends on the person and not the class really, can range from someone being a buff-ass warrior who is physically strong to some weak-ass guy who relies on skill rather than brute strength. Being a warrior doesn't automatically make someone go 'RAWR me strong me smash' and being a paladin doesn't necessarily mean someone is sat there recounting their prayer beads 24/7 rather than being out fighting physically.

All this being said, in game with game mechanics probably a warrior lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilishManc View Post
    So so much wrong... Paladins are just as much competent fighters as a Warrior or Death Knight and do not spend most of their time healing and training with the light -_-, they train for combat just as much. How else could they protect the innocent and fight injustice? lol also last I checked, Warcraft 3 era paladins had to lug a giant war hammer around. Honestly they can be similar in skill and physical strength as any warrior. Only difference is that their strength, physical prowess and endurance are boosted by the light in battle, either making them stronger or removing the need for great physical strength.

Lorewise this is a moot question as it all depends on the person and not the class really, can range from someone being a buff-ass warrior who is physically strong to some weak-ass guy who relies on skill rather than brute strength. Being a warrior doesn't automatically make someone go 'RAWR me strong me smash' and being a paladin doesn't necessarily mean someone is sat there recounting their prayer beads 24/7 rather than being out fighting physically.

All this being said, in game with game mechanics probably a warrior lol.
    Typically a Warrior would definitely be much better than a Paladin physically, not just because they don't have to spend time healing, or training with the light but also because they can disregard morals. Paladins fight for justice, so the Light will not work in any situations like a wanton rage, or blood-lust for example (which can affect your physical endurance quite a lot) so fighting for personal gain, vengeance or any of that can't apply to a Paladin. A Warrior is always going to be a much better fighter simply because of their lust for battle and with that being said, they'll always train a lot more.

If I had to rate from 1-10 of all the classes in terms of 'physical prowess' with 1 being low and 10 being high, it'd be:

10 - Death Knight
    9 - Warrior
    8 - Paladin, Shaman
    7 -
    6 -
    5 - Monk, Rogue
    4 - Druid
    3 - Hunter
    2 -
    1 -

Don't complaint that I put Shaman on that same level as Paladin either; they're just as scary, if not scarier because they're a Warrior who wields the Elements and is *not* held back by morals that the Paladin has (of course, they're held back by things such as genocide, though).

Warrior is the only class in-game that only deals pure 'Physical' damage
    Everyone else deals quite a portion of Magical damage to compensate for their lack of 'Physical' damage
    Last edited by ataraxia123; 2014-03-29 at 09:39 AM.

Well, if you count the added strength paladins and death knights get from the Light and necromancy(respectively) then they are both stronger than warriors.

Warriors are the pinnacle of physical development, they rely on sheer training. No magic, no harmony with inner forces, nothing. Just muscle, blood, steel and will. After them, the closest 'pure' physical damage dealers are Rogues and Monks.