I'd considder myself quite a decent warlock, I raided in the top 100 during ToT and got rank ones as all 3 specs etc. But I quit playing after we killed Ra'den for the first time and drama happened and my guild broke appart. Obviously I'm a bit behind the curve now 10 months later, quite some things seem to have changed. And now I'm going to start raiding again.

Considdering I'm almost entirely unexperienced with SoO on HC I'm planning to use KJC a lot during this reset. I'd rather do tactics right and not get hit by shit then maxing my dps entirely straight away. My gear is very shit compared to the people I'll be raiding with anyway. My question is how to handle DS with KJC and Bindings trinket. I've nearly only used AD when I've been playing cassually. Which allows me to always line up DS with bindings proc without loosing uptime thoughtout the fight.
    But with KJC and Bindings sometimes not wanting to proc for a while after comming of the cd I'd potentially loose uptime on DS during the fight. Is it still correct to line them up?

I am also planning to basicly play destro for everything except protectors, eventhough I preffer affl/demo from a playstyle pov over destro. This is mainly because of my gear (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%ADk/advanced), them trinkets... I know wush is good for affl but it feels like my trinkets are just too crappy compared to the rest of my gear to get good numbers with affl. What do you guys think?

Deleted
    I think you're undervaluing KJC by quite a bit.

Common misconception is that it is a "noob talent", however Destruction's version of Dark Soul really isn't all that great (compared to what Afflic/Demo get out of theirs).

Destruction also leans heavily on incinerate both for damage and ember generation, and following the Fel Flame nerf early on, you'll go oom often on fights with moderate to heavy movement. You can plan around this in some occasions, but there are quite a few fights where KJC is considered mandatory. Basically don't worry about using KJC, it's actually super strong for destruction.

Deleted
    Which one of these 2 is better than the 3rd for Destruction?

Black Blood of Y'Saarj (561)
    Kardris' Toxic Totem (548)
    Purified Bindings of Immerseus (548)

I've got 560 item level and pretty low mastery (around 100%).

Quote Originally Posted by killmatik View Post
    Which one of these 2 is better than the 3rd for Destruction?

Black Blood of Y'Saarj (561)
    Kardris' Toxic Totem (548)
    Purified Bindings of Immerseus (548)

I've got 560 item level and pretty low mastery (around 100%).
    BBoY & PBoI assuming you can use the BBoY proc well.

Deleted
    Black Blood along with Bindings > Kardris Totem.
    But be aware that Black Blood needs more attention than the Totem.

Good Trinket list by Sparkuggz btw: http://sparkuggz.com/5-4-destruction-guide/ (scroll down)

EDIT: Brusalk was faster. Sorry for double info.
    Last edited by mmocf671b58f24; 2014-03-24 at 01:58 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    BBoY & PBoI assuming you can use the BBoY proc well.
    Thank you! Do you have any strategies/guide for using BBoY with Destruction?

Quote Originally Posted by Melian View Post
    Black Blood along with Bindings > Kardris Totem.
    But be aware that Black Blood needs more attention than the Totem.
    Thanks. I find Sparkuggz comparsion very squishy, since Bindings amplifies your stats based on a percentage of your gear stats. That makes it alot better once you get near the BiS line, but maybe not as OP at lower itemlevels.

Deleted
    Thank you! Do you have any strategies/guide for using BBoY with Destruction?
    Get used to when you need to start casting your first chaos bolts (with the 5% spell haste buff) in order to cast a second one at 10 stacks. There's a nice weak aura in Woz's compilation for this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Get used to when you need to start casting your first chaos bolts (with the 5% spell haste buff) in order to cast a second one at 10 stacks. There's a nice weak aura in Woz's compilation for this.
    Alright, this brings me to another question which I've been thinking about lately, if I - let's say - start casting a Chaos Bolt which takes 2.5 seconds to cast when I've got 1 second remaining on my PBoI or any other proc, will it still apply? It doesn't feel like it does, it feels like the Chaos Bolt is changed by all the current procs that are up the moment it is cast. What's the answer?

Alright, this brings me to another question which I've been thinking about lately, if I - let's say - start casting a Chaos Bolt which takes 2.5 seconds to cast when I've got 1 second remaining on my PBoI or any other proc, will it still apply? It doesn't feel like it does, it feels like the Chaos Bolt is changed by all the current procs that are up the moment it is cast. What's the answer?
    When the cast finished. So if the buff falls off before you finish casting CB, then you don't get the buff.

Hy guys, I'll move to a 25m guild this week because after finishing 10H content my and other core will join up.

Any tips which explain what changes playing as Destro in 10 vs 25 or the play-style feels the same?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    Hy guys, I'll move to a 25m guild this week because after finishing 10H content my and other core will join up.

Any tips which explain what changes playing as Destro in 10 vs 25 or the play-style feels the same?
    My guild tried a 25men raid 2 IDs ago to test an inferior guild for a fusion to WoD. I didn't encounter any real differences - but we just managed to kill Thok, as the other guild had some realy weak players.
    Most important thing in my opinion is the tactics. We played our 10men tactics where possible, as our guild was "leading" this raid. If you switch guild they will most likely do somethings different and that will be the biggest difference for you and your playstile imho.

No real differences except lower FPS and more input lag.

Hi,

I've got a very dumb questions but i can't find the answer by myself.

Regarding Chaos Bolt,
    Are only the procs (intel/mastery/crit) i had at the start of the cast counting for the damage ?
    If i loose a proc buff when casting or while the choas bolt is travelling does it affect the damage ?
    If instead i gain a proc buff when casting or while the chaos bolt is travelling do i get more damage ?

Of course all those questions are because i wanna be a lot more accurate about when i should land a chaos bolt regarding my CD/procs

Thank in advance !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarosnar View Post
    Hi,

Regarding Chaos Bolt,
    Are only the procs (intel/mastery/crit) i had at the start of the cast counting for the damage ?
    If i loose a proc buff when casting or while the choas bolt is travelling does it affect the damage ?
    If instead i gain a proc buff when casting or while the chaos bolt is travelling do i get more damage ?

Of course all those questions are because i wanna be a lot more accurate about when i should land a chaos bolt regarding my CD/procs

Thank in advance !
    procs at the end of the cast counts..

Quote Originally Posted by Sarosnar View Post
    Hi,

Regarding Chaos Bolt,

Thank in advance !
    All stats of a spell is calculated when the cast ends based on buffs on the player. Debuffs on a mob which affect damage is calculated when the ability hits said mob.

Ok great. Thx very much for the info.

All what i was needing.
    You're all so great

I did this change back when we still in normals due to guild falling apart and not raiding for weeks. The major differences I noticed were ensuring you are always 2-3 steps ahead and knowing the possible upcoming mechanics in order to maximize your output. In 10m I had more cushion because competing with 5 people was much easier. Also realize that some minor strat differences can affect your play and therefore impact when you may perform certain actions.

Hey all. I was hoping someone could take a look at this http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...et=43&fight=18 Logs for our best heroic garrosh attempt. I'm not the most confident in my destro playing and usually second guessing my self on stats and what i should stick with for this fight. But i defiantly know i should be doing more with my gear. I'm just not sure where i'm fucking up. During the fight I don't feel like i'm doing anything wrong but the numbers don't lie. Any help would be great. We're soooooo damn close to killing him and I want to feel like I did my part.

ETA: I'm camii, not madler btw. I mean , if i was doing what he was doing i wouldn't feel as bad lol .
    Last edited by missbrooklyn25; 2014-03-28 at 08:58 PM.

Deleted
    I'm currently on my Tablet, which is why I can't read Warcraftlogs very well. But there are two things I instantly recognize: you do almost zero AE damage while your colleague does some millions. Second thing is that he manages to get out several additional shadowburns. There is definitely room for you to improve.
    Imho the thing that separates mediocre from good wls is clever usage of shadowburn and havoc. That said: you casted more havocs than he did. If you used them well, that already was a good thing!
    Maybe I'll find some more facts when returning to my PC later.

Quote Originally Posted by missbrooklyn25 View Post
    Hey all. I was hoping someone could take a look at this http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...et=43&fight=18 Logs for our best heroic garrosh attempt. I'm not the most confident in my destro playing and usually second guessing my self on stats and what i should stick with for this fight. But i defiantly know i should be doing more with my gear. I'm just not sure where i'm fucking up. During the fight I don't feel like i'm doing anything wrong but the numbers don't lie. Any help would be great. We're soooooo damn close to killing him and I want to feel like I did my part.

ETA: I'm camii, not madler btw. I mean , if i was doing what he was doing i wouldn't feel as bad lol .
    He's getting off more shadowburn cleaves on adds in p1 and weapons, which is giving him a dps boost in itself, and couple that with the extra embers he gains, it allows him to cast more Chaos Bolts on garrosh (40 v 33) that would be the striking difference that pops out straight away to me, if you can clamp down shadowburning then you'll catch up to him in no time. Just make sure to shadowburn a dying weapon right before it does for embers, and havoc the boss and shadowburn adds in p1.

As for stats, you're fully crit stacked, that for me atleast yielded terrible results for destro, I personally would advise you to try out a more haste>=crit approach, as in either balance them out as much as possible, or prioritize haste a little bit (keep in mind this is a personal preference for myself, others may disagree)
    Last edited by Valq; 2014-03-29 at 07:59 AM.