What do I do wrong? [PvP]

So.. like many others I decided to boost a fresh warlock to 90.

I'm full PvE geared, with 2 pvp trinkets and 1 pvp item from celestial.
    I only crit 50k with chaos bolt on other players... is PvP Power really that required?
    On my Warrior and Paladin I crit 100-250k on other players.
    But I really did expect warlocks chaos bolt do deal a bit more damage than a warrior or paladin could.... I am highly disappointed in warlocks performance in pvp atm..
    However.. I do not think I can judge them just yet, since I am far from fully pvp geared, but does PvP power really make that much of a difference?

I haven't played warlocks since WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by DraCurse View Post
    So.. like many others I decided to boost a fresh warlock to 90.

I only crit 50k with chaos bolt on other players... is PvP Power really that required?
    On my Warrior and Paladin I crit 100-250k on other players.
    But I really did expect warlocks chaos bolt do deal a bit more damage than a warrior or paladin could.... I am highly disappointed in warlocks performance in pvp atm..
    However.. I do not think I can judge them just yet, since I am far from fully pvp geared, but does PvP power really make that much of a difference?

I haven't played warlocks since WotLK.
    My main is a Rogue, but I already see a few reasons why this could be happening to you.

First of all, what is your item level? "Full PvE geared" is a broad term. You could be in full 496.

In BGs, your item level is capped at 540. Most people have an ilvl of 531-532 at this point wearing full PVP gear. You get like 55% damage from PVP power, making PVP gear MUCH better than PvE gear in battlegrounds/arenas. 8 higher PVE item level is not going to create 55% more damage.

In world PVP, PvE gear is better ATM if you have the item level to support it.

I always get hit for over 100k by Chaos Bolt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post

In BGs, your item level is capped at 540.
    Thas incorrect the pve ilevel in BGS is 524 this week (it increase 1 ilevel per week to a max of 540)

Until you have a decent weapon and some decent pvp power your chaos bolt wont hit that much, just gear up and you will do fine m8.

Chaos Bolt damage is greatly affected by buffs. Are you sure you have DarkSoul and your trinket up when you are casting your CBs? Outside this window of buffs your CBs wont hurt at all most, specially without PvP gear you will be pretty much hitting for nothing, the typical "wet noodle" effect

It does get better with gear though, I just got the new PvP weaps and I'm able to get two back to back CBs for 200k+ each, after that all you need is another ember for a shadowburn and it will be dead

Conclusion : PvP Power required.

10+ Year Old Account
    Found your problem. Get rid of that AI Dragonslaying gear and get PvP gear.
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

Conclusion : PvP Power required.
    Yeah you pretty much got it. That's why PvP gear is PvP gear. Without it you're not going to be very good in PvP

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not uncommon to get 200k chaos bolts on players with cds/procs up (no berserking/flag debuffs). Without those you're looking at about 80-100k.

10+ Year Old Account
    The cap in bgs is 550. Its always cpped at the ilvl for the highest pvp gear available.

Quote Originally Posted by Kildragon View Post
    The cap in bgs is 550. Its always cpped at the ilvl for the highest pvp gear available.
    If you mean PvE gear it's currently at 526 for random bgs, arenas and rbgs.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbramancer View Post
    Found your problem. Get rid of that AI Dragonslaying gear and get PvP gear.
    Congrts - almost everything in that statement is incorrect. Other than the weapon/Offhand you are better off using PvE items now assuming they are above 526 ilvl (or whatever the # is at currently) and you don't have prideful for that slot due to gem sockets.