Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

So characters models are the reason for the delay?

So we can thank blizzard for the 15 months of SoO on the character models? The stuff that gets hidden under armor anyway? Awesome.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    People have been asking, nay craving, new models ever since TBC where the Blood Elves and Draenei already out-shined the older races.

Also, it's an RPG, this stuff matters.

Oh and no, that's not the sole reason. We don't know all the reasons, and if you honestly think that SoO will last for 15 months and that WoD won't release until the 20th of december, you are beyond silly.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Yes, Blizz clearly stated that we will get 15 months of SoO because of character models. The expansion has been completely finished for about a year now, they are just waiting on the new models.

They can take as long as they want to make the characters look good. I never have helm on anyway.

I have other games to play while I wait.

I don't even pay attention to my character model. He's clad under too much unrealistic armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    So we can thank blizzard for the 15 months of SoO on the character models? The stuff that gets hidden under armor anyway? Awesome.
    New character models have been begged for by the community at large for years. Blizzard are giving the community something that has been asked for - loudly - for a very long time.
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    People have been asking, nay craving, new models ever since TBC where the Blood Elves and Draenei already out-shined the older races.

Also, it's an RPG, this stuff matters.

Oh and no, that's not the sole reason. We don't know all the reasons, and if you honestly think that SoO will last for 15 months and that WoD won't release until the 20th of december, you are beyond silly.
    Honestly I haven't seen people really asking for this, mainly because well, you'd never see the models. Also, I don't think people would really want these if it meant a huge delay on the expansion, which is kind of happening now.

Deleted
    No they arent the reason.

The reason is: "if they pay no matter what, why deliver new content?"

Whatever the reason, I don't see how they think a fall release is acceptable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen this reason used by devs. That said though, I'm no apologist for them. The current information void and lack of anything resembling a beta date smacks of incompetent proritisation and bad management.

Blizzard themselves have stated time and again that they have different art/content creation teams working on different aspects of the game. Environment artists are different character artists. With that in mind, what excuse do they have for not showing us Spires of Arak, Nagrand, Tanan or more of Talador? It's not like they have to craft a brand new starting zone for new races or classes, or revamp levelling content.

For the first time they've got no excuse for the delays. There's a distinct lack of anything compelling in WoD that could justify the time delay we're seeing.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Honestly I haven't seen people really asking for this, mainly because well, you'd never see the models. Also, I don't think people would really want these if it meant a huge delay on the expansion, which is kind of happening now.
    What? If you haven't seen people asking for new models, I don't see how you could possibly be a frequent visitor to any kind of WoW-related forums or websites.

Quote Originally Posted by z4x View Post
    No they arent the reason.

The reason is: "if they pay no matter what, why deliver new content?"
    Are you still subscribed to the game?
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

How have you not? Updated models have been begged for for years and you'd have had to actively ignore the thousands of mmo-c and wow forum posts to not notice this. Hell I'd say it's been even more heavily requested than the "closet feature" (now known as Transmogrification).

Can you link a very specific forum or twitter post where a Blizz guy said they were delaying the xpac till December because of the new models? Otherwise it just seems like general bellyaching to me. I've been on a WoW hiatus since late January to catch up on D3. I'd suggest you do something similar if you don't want to keep smashing Garry's face in.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post

Blizzard has multiple times said that having models ready/not ready has no bearing on beta start. They certainly require FAR LESS testing then things like stat/ability changes, let alone the raids, etc.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure that yes - the complaints about the character models not being as good as people were expecting has lead to a huge delay. You're going to get all the models done for release and all the unique faces, and you also get a year of SoO. On the bright side this hopefully gives them more time for other content to be developed (after all, they're not just going to stop work on all the other teams while the art team catches up.).

A little bit of that but more likely they didn't want to overburden the authentication servers for diablo III again.

It's a rather tremendous leap to conclude that the entire game is ready for beta, but they're just sitting on their hands because they're still working on character models.

The models are not causing a huge delay on the expansion. If the models were the main thing we were waiting on, we'd be in beta with 3 new models and the rest the old ones and we'd be testing things while they work on the models.

Hell, they said from the very beginning they might not even release the expansion with all the new models at launch. Some might be patched. They don't WANT to do that, but it's been an option since the very beginning.

Character models are actually ahead of schedule, hence why we are getting the BC races with WoD. Also, there is no delay. They said Fall, we'll get it in Fall.
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy View Post
    Yes, Blizz clearly stated that we will get 15 months of SoO because of character models. The expansion has been completely finished for about a year now, they are just waiting on the new models.
    I'd really like to see these clear statements even if it's a joke

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Character models are actually ahead of schedule, hence why we are getting the BC races with WoD. Also, there is no delay. They said Fall, we'll get it in Fall.
    They said Fall recently, but from the hints and comments about WoD being further along than Mists, we were looking at a spring/summer release. Didn't Boub himself say that Beta would be out weeks ago? Something has undoubtedly happened to delay release. The reason we're getting Draenei now is probably because they know they've got enough time for all the races no matter what order they do them in.

I must have missed the announcement where they confirmed this, could you provide the source, because you're so confident that you must know something I don't.