10+ Year Old Account

Fel Flame bug...?

It says I'm supposed to get 39 demonic fury per fel flame cast. (I'm trying for fun, Demonlogy with GoS...lol) So, the only way this would be viable is if Fel Flame works as it should.

Fel Flame is supposed to give 1 demonic fury per 1000. dmg, (I don't think crits matter) but yea, you can even look at the spell and you'll see the damage matches the fury gained.

According to fel flame it is supposed to deal 39,595 damage and give 39.526 Demonic Fury. Yet per cast it gives a flat 15 fury, no matter what.

So yeah, you guys noticed this? Just try it out.
    Once more into the fray...
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day...

Quote Originally Posted by Razstah View Post

Fel Flame is supposed to give 1 demonic fury per 1000. dmg,
    Since when is Demonc Fury related to dmg done? If it is can you pass me the source.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    Since when is Demonc Fury related to dmg done? If it is can you pass me the source.
    Didn't think it did either. According to the tooltip it does, and as it changes when I get procs from 39 to 42 for example, I guess it's meant to be so.

Don't remember ever seeing a thing about that in patchnotes or hotfix notes.

- - - Updated - - -

Just tested it on live tooltip says 52,768 DF and i get 15 per cast so it's just a tooltip error.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    Don't remember ever seeing a thing about that in patchnotes or hotfix notes.

- - - Updated - - -

Just tested it on live tooltip says 52,768 DF and i get 15 per cast so it's just a tooltip error.
    ah Seemed like a really nice buff to demo, considering shadow bolt and soul fire is practically useless in pvp. (Hits like 30% less than incinerate with like double cast time. Then compare Soul Fire to Chaos Bolt ! well well

I'd leave work right now and go home to respec if Fel Flame gave 52,768 Fury

Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    I'd leave work right now and go home to respec if Fel Flame gave 52,768 Fury
    Pretty sure he's using the european method of numbers.
    He's saying 52 decimal 768 fury (52.768 in the us: 52,768 in Europe)

not 52 thousand 768 fury (52,768 in the us: 52.768 in Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post

That would imply that his fel flame would be doing double digit damage by his tooltip.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    That would imply that his fel flame would be doing double digit damage by his tooltip.
    What Blackblade said.

But just in case you didn't pick up on it already, Keiyra, the tooltip in the picture reads:

Deals 39,595 Shadowflame damage to an enemy.
    Generates 39,526 Demonic Fury.

There's no way his game would be using the European decimal system and telling him Fel Flame deals 39 point 595 damage (Note: You can never deal a fraction of a whole number in damage on WoW), it only makes sense that it's purely a tooltip error telling him it was generating thousands upon thousands of Demonic Fury.
    Last edited by ZaneBusby; 2014-03-28 at 12:42 PM.

doh my bad, didn't even see he posted the tooltip in the screenshoot, i thought he was just going of some addon UI giving him those numbers. ..yeah clearly a tooltip error, and a doozey at that

The idea of gaining 39k fury by pressing one button is appealing though, thinking about it nearly makes one drool.

According to that link its not a tooltip error, and its supposed to generate demonic fury based on spellpower. So it does seem like a bug, as a mechanic like that would be totally justified.
    Apparantly I need to post a few posts before I can link anything here. But just search the spell on wowhead and you'll see it scales from spell Power.

However I also noticed that the demonic fury generation from it also increased after using pet sac, which doesnt make sense and leads back to it just being wrongly informed, on both wowhead and live.

Edit: Forget the last part there, apparently life tap works the same, scales from both spell Power and spelldamage increases such as mastery and pet sac.

Conclusion: the fel flame not generating demonic fury based on spell Power is a bug, report it!
    Last edited by Alloutz; 2014-07-10 at 02:43 PM.