Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Gold in Reaper of Souls

I keep running out of gold, any tips?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by AndyF1069 View Post
    Sell your loot instead of salvaging it.
    Get 6k for selling a yellow. Take 250k for making a gem.

It really doesn't add up for those that doesn't have a huge pile of gold from AH. Also it forces people without piles of gold having no mats for BS or enchanting.

My gold pile is currently "only" at 18mil and I fear it will run dry at some point.

Basically what Andy said, but to go into more detail: Look at the sell prices of the loot. If it sells for a few thousand, sell it, if it doesn't have a high sell value salvage it.

But the best way to get money is to just keep smacking loot pinatas until their shinnies come out.

Honestly, I think RoS is designed with selling items in mind, as the prices of the higher quality gems gets crazy. We're talking a few million gold per gem crafted since the highest drop is imperial. So when you add it all up you spend: 9.8m gold, 81 Marquise, 9 Death’s Breath for one flawless Royal gem assuming you start with the Marquise since Imperial drops are rather rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Bllets View Post

It really doesn't add up for those that doesn't have a huge pile of gold from AH. Also it forces people without piles of gold having no mats for BS or enchanting.

My gold pile is currently "only" at 18mil and I fear it will run dry at some point.
    Mine is sitting at 99mil, I started with 103mil with RoS. Basically I've gone through about 4million just crafting and gemming alone in two days (not including any gold EARNED during this time).
    Last edited by Keile; 2014-03-27 at 11:33 AM.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Deleted
    42 crap rares later you've got your gem. While it doesn't exactly take a long time to get 42 crap rares, you are supposed to work for it. It's a farming game. You farm for hundreds of hours, even thousands of hours, until you've got awesome gear. This includes gems.

I started RoS with 20mil, by the end of the night I had nothing.

That was without using the mystic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AndyF1069 View Post
    Sell your loot instead of salvaging it.
    Still not enough to keep up with gem drops
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Still not enough to keep up with gem drops
    You're supposed to combine the gems you need, not all the gems that drop.

I had 5 million going into RoS. I've got the CE, so I've got the cool transmogs that cost 50000g a pop. I've been mogging like crazy, and I'm still not running out of gold. All crafters at 12, too. Been making a decent amount of gems.

Go figure.

I do not think the game was changed properly to adapt with the removal of the AH / gold trading.
    Personally, I think Blizzard will change something about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I started with very little gold due not not using the AH much when it was available and blew through most of it while levelling to boost the crafters up to max level to get it out of the way early.

Hit 70 pretty recently, cleared the campaign and have done ONE Adventure run. Now sitting on around 900k and still have a decent stockpile of crafting mats left over (I was salvaging EVERYTHING up until about 64 when I realised I needed a bit more gold).

Mind you, I took time to fully explore every map and do every event.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    You're supposed to combine the gems you need, not all the gems that drop.

I had 5 million going into RoS. I've got the CE, so I've got the cool transmogs that cost 50000g a pop. I've been mogging like crazy, and I'm still not running out of gold. All crafters at 12, too. Been making a decent amount of gems.

Go figure.
    The gems you "need"...
    I still don't have flawless royal for all my sockets on one character, now i'm working on my 3rd character to 70, and my wizard can clear torment.

The gems you "need"...
    I still don't have flawless royal for all my sockets on one character, now i'm working on my 3rd character to 70, and my wizard can clear torment.
    You need to take your finances into account when upgrading gems. Don't just go upgrading them all. Personally, I'm only using Imperials for now since they more than get the job done and don't break my bank. I combine Marquise into Imperial AS I need them for gear.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Deleted
    The gems you "need"...
    Yeah... You don't have max gems two days after launch. Imagine that. How horrible!

I don't even have the gold to support combining the Marquise gems that drop. Before RoS I stopped after Flawless Squares since that was pretty much all I could afford. Gold will be the limiting factor this expansion, since the other mats are pretty easy to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Yeah... You don't have max gems two days after launch. Imagine that. How horrible!
    I don't have 5 gems 4 levels over basic drop with a 16 million gold headstart after two days of playing, playing, and playing a bit more.

I don't have 5 gems 4 levels over basic drop with a 16 million gold headstart after two days of playing, playing, and playing a bit more.
    Sounds fine to me. This is what the Diablo franchise is: farming, farming, farming. Just keep playing for hours, days, weeks, months...

It's what people wanted and it's what you've got. If you don't like it, Diablo is not the game for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    I don't even have the gold to support combining the Marquise gems that drop. Before RoS I stopped after Flawless Squares since that was pretty much all I could afford. Gold will be the limiting factor this expansion, since the other mats are pretty easy to get.
    Gold and the special legendary mats. Like the Frozen Blood, that is a rare drop from Chiltara, a rare mob in a rare cave. Not sure Blizzard really thought those mats through.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    Gold and the special legendary mats. Like the Frozen Blood, that is a rare drop from Chiltara, a rare mob in a rare cave. Not sure Blizzard really thought those mats through.
    They obviously did, they said they wanted people to farm a specific spot over and over and over and over again, rather than play the whole game...

..ohwait, it was the opposite

Those legendary mats seem to be designed by the real dev's evil twins.

Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    That's one of the points that make Diablo series awesome. Hunting for extremely rare items.

I didn't play AH, i managed to farm up to paragon 100 before 2.0 and had around 60 million gold saved. Now i'm standin at 68 more or less and i'm using enchanting quite often - i need more mats and especially death's breath

The keyword is farming
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I think instant gratification is coming to mind here. Its not bad! its what you were taught so can't know better. Unfortunately after the initial hype people are going to leave.

There is a reason for the huge amounts it costs to make gems. YOU NEVER LOSE THEM. If you got all your stuff made on the first week, then why visit the crafter ever again? You think you are poor now? Wait 4 months, and all of a sudden its "I dont have anything to spend my billions of gold on, I already have 10x 1000 stacks of every salvageable crafting material, so I just sell it" You will have so much money you wont know what to do with it all. The ONLY exception to this rule is hardcore players, who could lose a few 100million in gems on a death, but thats their fault for playing stupid (barring DC and pk griefers)

The fact is, the game just came out, its made with the future in mind, not 4 days after release in mind.

EDIT:

Also for the people with the rare materials only dropping from specific sources. You do notice that EVERY material has a few spots to drop right? They all drop from adventure mode too, or should I believe I mean its the same zones, so you could do a farming run to every zone in the game before you had to reset since the waypoints clear all over the place. Its actually specifically so you DONT just farm one zone over and over, you are supposed to make a pass at all the rare drop chances in one game, instead of zoning in, kill all in the specific zone, and restart it.
    Last edited by Nilinor; 2014-03-27 at 12:42 PM.

Deleted
    I have around 180m and i think thats gonna last me quite some time. I do understand players that have a lot less, its not easy getting huge amounts of gold in RoS.