Question How to raid in swtor as f2p?

Let me start by stating that ive been a subscriber since day 1. I love swtor but unfortunately my life has drastically changed basically overnight and I no longer have much time to play. I plan to continue with our hm raid team (one night a week) and that's it. So my question is: what exactly do I need to purchase off the gtn/cartel market so that I can still be a successful contributing member of our raid group? I understand I'll need to buy the weeklyperations unlock but what else?

Artifact Authorization to equip new purple items (exists both as account-wide and character-only) and maybe Escrow Transfers if you run out of credits (installing Augmentation Kits is more expensive as perferred). That should be it.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    You need weekly operation passes to be able to raid. Basically they give you unlimited access to operations for 7 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    You need weekly operation passes to be able to raid. Basically they give you unlimited access to operations for 7 days.
    it's not account wide i must say and can span over 2 lockout unless you raid same day every week.

i would also purchase some cosmetic stuff (account wide) like color matching and hide helmet. Don't know if you keep your cargo, but you will lose access to guild bank (and repair) so if that a problem you can purchase an access.

Finally be aware you might lose some action bar. but you should get 4 of them as prefered, which is more than enough to raid.

Before you let your sub drop, be sure to buy all the account-wide unlocks, because as F2P you will be slapped with A SHITLOAD of restrictions that can be annoying to deal with. So keep that in mind.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

because as F2P you will be slapped with A SHITLOAD of restrictions that can be annoying to deal with. So keep that in mind.
    This made me quit SWTOR. Want a title? Pay us!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    If you're quitting over a title, then you didn't like the game in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Well that's silly. You do realize you can get your titles back without paying real life money right? Just a paltry sum of credits and boom, account-wide unlock of titles. You can get rid of about 70% of the restrictions via ingame credits anyways. Which is why I don't mind their current model so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Well that's silly. You do realize you can get your titles back without paying real life money right? Just a paltry sum of credits and boom, account-wide unlock of titles. You can get rid of about 70% of the restrictions via ingame credits anyways. Which is why I don't mind their current model so much.
    My issue was account wide section x and accountwide artifact unlock, those never range anywhere near the 200k limit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    You shouldn't have to play the game for countless hours to unlock your action bars. That's stupid. SWOTR has the most idiotic "f2p" restrictions of ALL games in its genre, it's virtually unplayable without paying for something.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    You shouldn't have to play the game for countless hours to unlock your action bars. That's stupid. SWOTR has the most idiotic "f2p" restrictions of ALL games in its genre, it's virtually unplayable without paying for something.
    you have 4 action bar, that is 48 hotkey from the start, that's not unplayable, don't exaggerate.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Puh-lease. "Countless hours" pfft. As if getting 100k took anywhere near "countless hours" (Hint, you get roughly a million and a half credits just by leveling up from 1 to 50 if you do it via quests)

I've seen far more idiotic "F2P" restrictions in other games. At least here you can get rid of almost all of them, and no it doesn't take countless hours. In fact, I got rid of all of them leveling my inquisitor and by lvl 49 I had removed almost all of them. You do get AN INSANE amount of credits during leveling if you do it like me (AKA: Loot everything, vendor everything you don't need, do as many quests as you can, skip the bonus series if you want)

My issue was account wide section x and accountwide artifact unlock, those never range anywhere near the 200k limit.
    yes that does sucks, you should try to get your account bumped to Preferred status by purchasing 1 month of sub for the Hutt Expansion. You need it anyways to reach 55. That brings the max credit limit to 350k.

And even then, while the account-wide unlock for artifacts and section X cost quite a lot (up to a million) there are ways to overcome the credit limit of F2P.

lets do an example and say that the artifact unlock costs 1.000.000 credits and you have 100k.

Do quests, lots of quests, eventually you'll hit your credit limit and then any excess of credits gets deposited into your escrow. You can check how much money you have on your escrow by looking at your Currencies Tab. Once you see that you have 1.200.000 credits on your escrow, go to the GTN and buy 2 consumables to withdraw from your escrow 600k. This will allow you to have 1.200.000 credits on your inventory even as a non-sub.

Sadly it does means you'll waste around 200k buying the consumables, but the point is, its still doable. I did all of this without having to spend countless hours on dailies, simply because leveling a character generates A TON of income. So I just leveled my inquisitor to get all the cheap account-wide unlocks, and leveled a Knight to unlock the more expensive ones, and now I'm leveling a trooper to unlock a few of the vanity ones (like the comodity stuff on the ship, such as mailbox, training dummies, etc)

Let me tell you what a guildie did.

He subbed for one month and did many many dallies and collected a rather large sum of money.

Then he spent that cash and removed ever hindrance he could buy in game with in game credits only as well as a rather large amount of "game passes" for different things.

He can now do everything in the game and achieved it with in game credits and paying a one time fee of $15. ( He did say he bought the Makeb expansion for $10 when he was a subber) SO $25 total for nearly unlimited play really cause he can keeps buying passes for credits.

He even lets me hold his extra credits when he gets close to cap and just gives them to me. So when he needs more or wants me to get him something over his cap, it's a quick exchange.

You can literal play this game entirely for a very small amount of effort and cash.

as others have said, buy everything with credits while you have no credit cap;

for those who think it takes a long time ... roughly one hour, enough to do all the level 50 dailies (and some, depending on how efficient you are) gets your around 2 million credits iirc. That is enough to buy account wide unlocks, let's say a week or so, you can have just about every unlock in the game taken care of pretty easily, including all the races, just from an hour or two of doing dailies a day. This includes unlocking every inventory slot for all characters, every cargo bay, etc. Everything.

So, if your focus is to spend a last paltry $15 on a sub; then focus a small part of your attention on earning credits through dailies/other ways, buying everything imaginable; then go F2P and barely notice.

What gets me, is people gladly give WoW $15/mo then defend any and every thing they do; from in game store prices, to slow release of content or poor quality content (DS; year long last tiers; expensive xmog helms, mounts, character boosts, etc) ... and it is okie dokie. A different game gives a chance for people with money to support the game, and people without it to get just about anything in game through in game credits and people piss and moan. EA/BW are no saints in my book, but the hate is unwarranted overall, especially in comparison to the gorilla in the room and their practices. They both need to shape up; but SWtOR has a pretty good deal set up for F2P/Preferred members; maybe a little less on a platter as games like Aion/Tera/Rift; but definitely not as bad as some of the actually bad, money grabbing ones out there.