Another Enhancement DPS "Help Me" Thread, with logs

First off, 75-80K on a dummy seems very low to me for 501 Gear (497 weapons, 2P RF T16). Noxxic says 124k for realistic... http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/realistic#502

I have played this spec for along time, though I took a long break from raiding, and I feel like I know what I'm doing but this is really frustrating. I can randomly mash buttons on a frost DK with not 1 gem or chant and crush this number.

Armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...egarden/simple

Tests on the Darnassus Raider's Dummy.

Test 1: EM, PE, glyph of FET (which I guess is kind of a bad thing with AoC)
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/hv259c3oft2lvu6f/

Test 2: EotE, UF, no glyph of FET, prioritizing Unleash Elements
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/n59bic30rogog7vm/

I feel like i must be either missing something huge and obvious, or my expectations are way off. Sorta hope it's the former... Love to hear anyone's thoughts, and TY in advance.

Note: didn't use Stormlash or Heroism in any parses

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldnt be to concerned.

You have fairly poor weapons and the cheap enchant and trinkets are massive this expansion and Roro was never fantastic for us (I think it got a little better after the RPPM nerfs but still...)

You are pretty much spot on the the amount of Stormstrikes which is the first thing people look at, Lightning sheild damage looks appropiate. Your lava lashes are a little down, but not by a huge amount. Looking at your logs I would say youre on the right track priority wise.

Noxxic is not the greatest of source to be basing your damage off and dummies are always a very basic indication.

Thanks for the reply.

Which are our target trinkets, so I know where to drop coins?

Deleted
    Noxxic is pretty bad (very bad if you wanna aim to be a Pokémon master). I'd recommend you to use Simcraft yourself instead of trusting the #1 LFRhero site tell you what you should do.

That being said, you're missing raid buffs and their 502 is probably with ToT LFR BiS or something. Worse trinkets and weapons makes a huge difference.

Yeah, I was meaning to sim, but didn't know where to start. I'll look at simcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

Haromms and AoC are what you'll want to aim for this tier.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm assuming your options at this point are LFR and Timeless Isle. If so, then I'd rank the importance as follows, based on prioritizing single-target dps over AoE:

Assurance of Consequence (which you already have)
    Discipline of Xuen (upgraded to 543 - Timeless Isle) - I'd use a flex Haromm's over this. Flex TED maybe, maybe not.
    Haromm's Talisman (Dark Shaman)
    Ticking Ebon Detonator (Siegecrafter Blackfuse)

Sigil of Rampage (Spoils) - if it drops as personal loot, then keep it, but don't spend a coin on it.

Thanks again guys. I'll try swimming and see what I see.

iPhone auto-correct, ftw. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm assuming you'll see fish

but weapon and trinkets are huge so wait for those and you should see major improvements

Deleted
    if you want optimal dps, dont look at noxxic just use simcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon View Post
    I'm assuming your options at this point are LFR and Timeless Isle. If so, then I'd rank the importance as follows, based on prioritizing single-target dps over AoE:

Assurance of Consequence (which you already have)
    Discipline of Xuen (upgraded to 543 - Timeless Isle) - I'd use a flex Haromm's over this. Flex TED maybe, maybe not.
    Haromm's Talisman (Dark Shaman)
    Ticking Ebon Detonator (Siegecrafter Blackfuse)

Sigil of Rampage (Spoils) - if it drops as personal loot, then keep it, but don't spend a coin on it.
    Flex TED is definitely still better than timeless xuen simply because his assurance is only RF, meaning that other than at the pull the two ICD procs will desync from ascendance immediately, and the mastery proc outside of ascendance is significantly worse than an RPPM high agility proc that could potentially come inside ascendance; from my experience anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    Flex TED is definitely still better than timeless xuen simply because his assurance is only RF, meaning that other than at the pull the two ICD procs will desync from ascendance immediately, and the mastery proc outside of ascendance is significantly worse than an RPPM high agility proc that could potentially come inside ascendance; from my experience anyway.
    Off-topic, but how would you rate flex AoC, versus normal Haromm's, versus normal TED? I'm assuming that even a flex AoC trumps the other two.

Off-topic, but how would you rate flex AoC, versus normal Haromm's, versus normal TED? I'm assuming that even a flex AoC trumps the other two.
    The AoC is basically mandatory. Especially if you have any interest in running as EM/PE.

Haromm's and TED are more or less interchangeable, but both are secondary to AoC.
    Hekili of <Turbo Cyborg Ninjas>
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon for Shamans, Paladins, Monks, and Hunters.

User Guides:
    Getting Started with Hekili
    Starting from SimulationCraft (How to Import SimC APLs)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hekili View Post
    The AoC is basically mandatory. Especially if you have any interest in running as EM/PE.

Haromm's and TED are more or less interchangeable, but both are secondary to AoC.
    I would place Haromm's slightly over TED in single target fights and TED might pull ahead in fights where there's a fair bit of aoe (Galakras etc)

Assurance is 100% required in any quality, including raid finder, the difference it makes is just far too much to ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    I would place Haromm's slightly over TED in single target fights and TED might pull ahead in fights where there's a fair bit of aoe (Galakras etc)
    The difference between them is negligible on either type of fight, it's mostly personal choice.

Good deal - just wanted to make sure I was thinking the right thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    The difference between them is negligible on either type of fight, it's mostly personal choice.
    The difference may be negligible on AoEcentric fights but i don't really agree for single target encounters.
    While the gap may not be that big I think negligible might be an overstatement.(inb4 links too toscar ij parse)

Also not entirely relevant but iirc multistrike is being applied to pets pre WoD leaving the gap only room to get bigger.

Number 1 Enchantment shaman world 8) soon to be deathknight