Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Do you actually believe that? Because if you do then I feel bad for you.
    How else do you explain their consistent lack of planning? If everyone dropped the game these delays simply would not happen.

Well it's one of the hyped features for the new expansion it would suck if they rushed things and look ugly or even incomplete.

I just love that there are two threads on the front page right now, one full of QQ about the character models delaying the expansion and the other full of QQ that the expansion might release when the character models aren't all done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I just love that there are two threads on the front page right now, one full of QQ about the character models delaying the expansion and the other full of QQ that the expansion might release when the character models aren't all done.
    It's the vocal minority being vocal. Imagine lining up 100 people and making statements in front of them, only for one or two of them at a distance down the line starting to make shrill shrieking noises. No matter what statement you make they'll always be someone in that line who starts their shrill shriek.

I think they want all the character models to be done on time for the games release, but if worst case scenario if that deadline hits and a few aren't done that game will come out because they need that money. I'm surprised Draenei models are being released with Warlords, as they could release them later on in the expansions life cycle and I don't think anyone would fault them. I do think all the art assets are what's keeping this game running so slowly, then again maybe they're taking their sweet time on purpose because of the Diablo 3 expansion. I'm sure they don't want to have two IPs compete with each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ytlayol View Post
    Character models aren't the source of the delay, they are just unusually slow with content updates.
    Mmm.

In comparison with other games, whose studios have far less resources, the Blizzard content cycle for World of Warcraft is absolutely awful. The sad part is that it's almost impossible to get to the bottom of why.

Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    Mmm.

In comparison with other games, whose studios have far less resources, the Blizzard content cycle for World of Warcraft is absolutely awful. The sad part is that it's almost impossible to get to the bottom of why.
    The reason is simple. The game is complicated and old (15-18 years not just almost-10) and the code base is huge, and the concern for stability (particularly resilience against exploits) makes things go VERY slowly in Blizzard land sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
    The reason is simple. The game is complicated and old (15-18 years not just almost-10) and the code base is huge, and the concern for stability (particularly resilience against exploits) makes things go VERY slowly in Blizzard land sometimes.
    That doesn't even come close to explaining why it takes them so long to get new content out, however. Their turnaround is appallingly slow.

10+ Year Old Account
    I sincerely doubt that new models are THE reason for a fall release date. Especially considering that they recently posted they might not even all be done in time. (Which would be a pretty embarrassing failure on their part)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    It has been stated that not all the models may be done in time, therefore the game can be released without them.
    They are not slowing anything down, it is not needing them to be done, they are just a popular request.
    In light of that comment I agree it's probably not the reason for the delay. But I think that after all the hints that we'd be getting a spring/summer release they need to pull something extra out of the bag to justify an autumn release date.

I thought a separate team is working on the models, and blizzard had said the new model's would be released in sections even if they all don't make release...

Deleted
    1. hype new models and WoD
    2. collect subs
    3. collect preorders
    4. delay WoD and models
    5. collect subs
    6. collect christmas sales
    7. new models will be added in patch 6.1
    8. collect more subs
    9. profit

There is no ???.

Deleted
    no they are just excuse for Blizzard.

there will be less raid tiers, 5mans, no class or race etc. because of "lack of resources"

and they got " lack of resources" because of new models that are "super, awesome and sure you will love it much more than raids or 5mans"

For those that say that the new models are a waste of time.

Why, PvP is a waste of time, I don't like it. I'm not really sure if I will raid Mythic mode. It's a fucking waste of time. Why give us an entire new continent? It is a fact, yes a FACT that nobody will care about how the world looks. You know why? Because I say so. And mates, my word is law...

So, am I speaking your language clearly?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    For those that say that the new models are a waste of time.

Why, PvP is a waste of time, I don't like it. I'm not really sure if I will raid Mythic mode. It's a fucking waste of time. Why give us an entire new continent? It is a fact, yes a FACT that nobody will care about how the world looks. You know why? Because I say so. And mates, my word is law...

So, am I speaking your language clearly?
    why should anyone here care about you?

for me new models are waste of time and I don't care if for you it isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post

The irony is strong with this one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    So we can thank blizzard for the 15 months of SoO on the character models? The stuff that gets hidden under armor anyway? Awesome.
    Stop crying. WoW is a MMORPG and therefore new character models are way more important than releasing the game some months later.
    Maybe some of you should really get a life outside of your basement so that you're not that dependent on regular content.
    Last edited by mmocfa3fe6ec47; 2014-03-29 at 12:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    So we can thank blizzard for the 15 months of SoO on the character models? The stuff that gets hidden under armor anyway? Awesome.
    Even if this would be the case, it would still be perfectly worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy View Post
    Yes, Blizz clearly stated that we will get 15 months of SoO because of character models. The expansion has been completely finished for about a year now, they are just waiting on the new models.
    blizzard said it took so long because of hearthstone! see? i can do this, too.

Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post

And why exactly should anyone care about this?