Page 41 of 120 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    I'm not sure if a quick question was worth a new thread or if this is the right place to ask but here goes. I just got the heroic warforged AOC trinket and I'm now in a situation where my kill command comes up but BW has 3 seconds left. Do I delay the KC to use when BW comes up or do I just use KC and then wait to use BW on my next KC?
    First of, damn you lucky bastard.

You don't wanna delay Kill Command for 50% of its cooldown - you want to delay BW to 3 seconds after you used that Kill Command and then use it, instead of waiting a full 6 seconds to use at the next KC - there's no reason to do that, if you do it 2-3 secs before, you'll still get 2 for its duration.

So basically use that BW the moment it's off cooldown (save some focus up after the KC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    I'm not sure if a quick question was worth a new thread or if this is the right place to ask but here goes. I just got the heroic warforged AOC trinket and I'm now in a situation where my kill command comes up but BW has 3 seconds left. Do I delay the KC to use when BW comes up or do I just use KC and then wait to use BW on my next KC?
    ideal circumstances allow you to cast 2 kill commands within BW. If BW CD is 3 seconds, you can cast KC and BW as soon as its ready and still get 2 KC off within BW.

I dont know if it's a DPS loss but I often dont delay KC but delay BW up to 2-4 seconds even if BW only has 1 second left. It adds up over a long fight, and might even cost you 1 BW, which is obviously a DPS loss. If somebody has a better idea to handle this situation, please let me know

Quote Originally Posted by zobbl View Post
    ideal circumstances allow you to cast 2 kill commands within BW. If BW CD is 3 seconds, you can cast KC and BW as soon as its ready and still get 2 KC off within BW.

I dont know if it's a DPS loss but I often dont delay KC but delay BW up to 2-4 seconds even if BW only has 1 second left. It adds up over a long fight, and might even cost you 1 BW, which is obviously a DPS loss. If somebody has a better idea to handle this situation, please let me know
    Well if you delay it 4s every cooldown cycle 10 times you'd have lost one over the fight. AKA the fight would have to be pretty long. (Assuming at least HC AoC)

2s 20 times, etc..

Don't delay it if you don't have to. If there's 2-3s till KC is off cd and you can use BW, just use BW. You'll still get 2 off in the duration.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    If there's 2-3s till KC is off cd and you can use BW, just use BW. You'll still get 2 off in the duration.
    that's what im doing. should pay more attention how express myself

Quote Originally Posted by zobbl View Post
    that's what im doing. should pay more attention how express myself
    I read what you said but you didn't seem too sure if it was the correct way to do it so I was confirming you mostly.

Tune Up....

Quote Originally Posted by RobYams View Post
    Quick Update: Went with a Razer Naga Epic and some key binds versus clicking/one button macro. Very difficult and overwhelming at first. A definite dps loss. However, muscle memory takes over after a while and it begins to click. On one such fight, Shammans, my overall dps was 270k, with very little aoe because I haven't incorporated aoe into my bindings yet.

Point being, this is a 40k improvement in single target dps a couple days time. Azor's shot rotation and opener recommendations combined with the Naga/keybinds are the reason for this. Many thanks A.

Ok, back for a quick tune up. I feel like I've got my openers and rotation down pretty well, and my keybinding / Naga mouse usage is tight. Just need to know if I'm off anywhere... And damn mmo-champ for not letting me post links yet!

Spec: Beast Mastery
    Item Level: 561
    Expectations: To be better than I was 3 weeks ago
    Armory Link: Daphnie - Uldum
    Worldoflogs Link: Guild name is "Goober" and character is Daphnie, raid time was about 10:10PM EST, 3/27/ Malkorok

Ok, back for a quick tune up. I feel like I've got my openers and rotation down pretty well, and my keybinding / Naga mouse usage is tight. Just need to know if I'm off anywhere... And damn mmo-champ for not letting me post links yet!

Worldoflogs Link: Guild name is "Goober" and character is Daphnie, raid time was about 10:10PM EST, 3/27/ Malkorok
    1) Still room for improvement on the Kill Command side of things, you could've gotten 10 more but that's stuff that just sort of comes - It might very well be because of Arcane Shot over-use, be careful with that - same with Glaive Toss, could've had about 5-7 more of those.

2) You only managed to use Rapid Fire thrice in a 4:23 fight with a huge gap from your opener to about 65% into the fight: http://i.imgur.com/8KHcWeY.png
    Keep an eye on that cooldown and use it every cooldown - macroing it into your Cobra/Arcane Shot might be worth it.

3) Focus Fire usage is again a little suspicious, I really doubt you're using it on 5 stacks unless your RNG just struck again. It almost never happens that I have 2 5-stack Focus Fires back to back, you had that happen several times with much worse gear?

4) Serpent Sting uptime could be a tad better than 93% but that might be nitpicky.

5) Generally just.. Keep working on it, really - don't use your #2 Stampede before Dextrous procs a 3rd time in the fight.

really don't feel that your gear is high or optimised enough to be running haste>mastery build for BM and I think it's hurting your DPS. Use simcraft to be sure though.

As to your logs, are you using stampede when AoC procs? I see you just a macro at the start to pop RF, stampede. But yeah I think kill command usage and focus fire management are the main culprits.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    really don't feel that your gear is high or optimised enough to be running haste>mastery build for BM and I think it's hurting your DPS. Use simcraft to be sure though.

As to your logs, are you using stampede when AoC procs? I see you just a macro at the start to pop RF, stampede. But yeah I think kill command usage and focus fire management are the main culprits.
    Az/Illana,

Thanks for replies. I think your right about Arcane Shot over use. I will stay cognizant of that from now on. Good call on the Cobra/RF macro. Also, I will start focusing on AoC procs for Zoo.

The Focus Fire thing is really odd. I swear by all that is good in this world I am not spamming it. I have it key bound to a key where I have to purposely activate it, so its not getting used by accident. I only use it when it flashes.

So everything I have read states Haste > Crit > Mastery. Also, even with Reforging and Gemming, I can only get a swing of about 1000 in either direction. I'll play around with SimCraft and see what I can feasibly change, but in which direction? M>C>H, or C>M>H?

Many thanks guys, really appreciate the time.

Az/Illana,

Thanks for replies. I think your right about Arcane Shot over use. I will stay cognizant of that from now on. Good call on the Cobra/RF macro. Also, I will start focusing on AoC procs for Zoo.

The Focus Fire thing is really odd. I swear by all that is good in this world I am not spamming it. I have it key bound to a key where I have to purposely activate it, so its not getting used by accident. I only use it when it flashes.

So everything I have read states Haste > Crit > Mastery. Also, even with Reforging and Gemming, I can only get a swing of about 1000 in either direction. I'll play around with SimCraft and see what I can feasibly change, but in which direction? M>C>H, or C>M>H?

Many thanks guys, really appreciate the time.
    Go for Haste > Mastery >= Crit - I personally say fuck crit altogether but it's a preference thing. Mastery will give you more "max DPS", e.g. you'll be rewarded more with good RNG.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Frooby/simple

Got a few new pieces that need reforge and gemming but i got kicked from garrosh only flex for doing 130k DPS.

Now i know that there are alot of douchebags that want the best of the best dps but there is also a certain threshold to be met to make the encounter smooth. Before i got kicked from the group all together i messaged some others and they saying 130k is fine for flex.

I mean i know my rotation isn't perfect but i think its because im BM. I feel like because the pet has to travel from place to place that hurts my dps. On a fight like malkorok i can do easy 150k. Because garrosh you got adds and then desecrated weapon and MC and all that stuff i think i should just go survival just like 90% of the other hunters i see.
    Last edited by pkm; 2014-03-29 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post

Got a few new pieces that need reforge and gemming but i got kicked from garrosh only flex for doing 130k DPS.

Now i know that there are alot of douchebags that want the best of the best dps but there is also a certain threshold to be met to make the encounter smooth. Before i got kicked from the group all together i messaged some others and they saying 130k is fine for flex.

I mean i know my rotation isn't perfect but i think its because im BM. I feel like because the pet has to travel from place to place that hurts my dps. On a fight like malkorok i can do easy 150k. Because garrosh you got adds and then desecrated weapon and MC and all that stuff i think i should just go survival just like 90% of the other hunters i see.
    150k in 543 gear is a bit on the low side I'm afraid to tell you. If everyone is doing 130k in flex, it won't go very smoothly.

First of all we kind of need logs to really see what you're doing.

Second you're not even hitcapped and 2% over expertise cap.

Third, you don't even have your synapse strings on your gloves.

Apart from that, all I can tell you is keep working on your shot priorities. Don't focus starve before a BW, use stampede with AoC proc, use KC and glaives every cd and make sure you're pressing something every global.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post

Need logs. If your DPS is that low (no offense ofc), take a really good look at this guide:

http://www.icy-veins.com/survival-hu...-pve-dps-guide

Get the Haromm's trinket ASAP and don't bother with BM yet.

Need logs. If your DPS is that low (no offense ofc), take a really good look at this guide:

http://www.icy-veins.com/survival-hu...-pve-dps-guide

Get the Haromm's trinket ASAP and don't bother with BM yet.
    Will do thanks!

Go for Haste > Mastery >= Crit - I personally say fuck crit altogether but it's a preference thing. Mastery will give you more "max DPS", e.g. you'll be rewarded more with good RNG.
    Meh, tried Mastery as the primary stat and lost 3k DPS according to SimCraft. Lost 1k when using Crit as the primary. This includes new reforges, gems and enchants.

However, I may try Mastery as the Primary just for shits and giggles. I think I'd like to see fewer fat crits and dps then more smaller....

Looking for evaluation of my performance in this log (I enter on Malkorok): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/xa9pyjh5t7138og9/

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Quenay/simple (I know my glyphs are off, but I've been farming and taming spirit beasts)
    Last edited by Quenay; 2014-04-01 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Clarification

Meh, tried Mastery as the primary stat and lost 3k DPS according to SimCraft. Lost 1k when using Crit as the primary. This includes new reforges, gems and enchants.

However, I may try Mastery as the Primary just for shits and giggles. I think I'd like to see fewer fat crits and dps then more smaller....
    SimCraft does average DPS, not max DPS.

The reason Crit sims better for you is probably your current gear composition. Gear optimized for Haste/Mastery will do better with Haste and Mastery, but Haste is king.

Quote Originally Posted by Quenay View Post
    Looking for evaluation of my performance in this log (I enter on Malkorok): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/xa9pyjh5t7138og9/

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Quenay/simple (I know my glyphs are off, but I've been farming and taming spirit beasts)
    Everything looks good to me, I was doing similar at that gear, don't be discouraged if your dps drops when you enter heroics, the fights will last longer and that will mean your dps will drop a little since bloodlust accounts for less of the time you are dpsing. It also looks like there were 2 guys boosting so it will make normal mode fights artificially shorter.

Hey
    Just got back to the game last two month, I rerolled to my hunter then, and tried to gear up.
    eu .battle .net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Fluta/simple "I can't post links/images till I post few times, so please delete the space's"
    I'm almost full flex, I barely can join normal run since everyone is asking about the achievement -.- so want to increase/do more dps/dmg so I can be enough for normal runs
    I do 250k-350k dps at the beginning of the fight "with full CD's & potions"
    and in the middle of the fight my dps turn back to 180k-220k ):
    and this's my rotation: (Black Arrow>SS>GT>ES(on CD)"spamming ES while LoL is up">spamming cobra shot till 70-99 focus> 1-3 Arcane shot if all other spells in CD)
    is that the normal dps for my gear?
    is there anything in my gear that I have to fix?
    How's the rotation?
    I'll appreciate your help
    Sorry for my bad English tho ^^

Deleted
    Hi wonderfull hunter people. Would like some input from some of the pro survival guys out there I just keep thinking I could do more than I'm doing right now. Think I'm doing at least a couple of things wrong. Some of them I'm already aware off:
    - serpent sting uptime could be better
    - BA uptime
    - Buffs are not optimal in our raid comp
    - Think I can get in more glaive throws, they just feel really awkward to me sometimes...
    But I just have the feeling that there are a lot off suble things in the surv rotation that I'm just mucking up. Especially on the opener since I think that mine is just really bad. I always start with prepot on -2 glaive throw on -1 and then i'll go ES/RF/Stampede (if trinket procs) otherwise CS/SS (if trinket procs)/MoC. Might be that I'm delaying SS for too long? And should I just cast MoC earlier since it scales dynamically? Think I can get a lot higher numbers in the opener since it just feels really random at the moment. If my trinkets don't proc I'm basically fucked.
    I do all reforging with askmrrobot. Dont think the gear could be more optimized at the moment but if you see any room for improvement feel free to comment.

Here's the info:
    Name is Blubneus
    Spec Survival
    Item Level 574 ilvl
    Expectations: Around 370/380ish on single target. Think that should be possible with my current gear
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...bneus/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5220bbjteh3v51b5/
    I was being really bad this wednesday and died to like everything I could die to so have deaths on a lot of bosses. My own meter showed me at 410k dps on norushen but since i'm not doing the logs and our priest goes in second and stays there for a long time that log seems a lot lower.

Any help would be welcome.