Page 30 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I do the same thing, set the Naga to numpad settings so that 1-12 are actually as if you were pressing the numbers on the numpad and then have 123456 on the keyboard bound as well, means I can easily bind things like HS, mouse over macros for Vigilance and SB without suffering from crooked hand syndrome

Deleted
    The original post is fairly good actually, however some of the comments disappoint me. Collision being a big winner of that award.

Quote Originally Posted by Kettlewow View Post
    The original post is fairly good actually, however some of the comments disappoint me. Collision being a big winner of that award.
    I know, my mom tells me the same thing all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly
    Hello. Just a quick question, I know I'm super late to the party and all. I've been reading the "DR vs Bladestorm" thread, and I just wanted to know, how do you guys know how many ticks Bladestorm's already done? I want to use the cancel macro but I'm not sure when to cancel. I think I'm cancelling too early.

You should cancel when your enrage falls off which is right after our 5th tick. This means that all you have to do is what you should be doing already: track your enrage status

/cancelaura bladestorm
    /cast bloodthirst

Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    /cancelaura bladestorm
    /cast bloodthirst
    This was brought up earlier, biggest issue is most players "button spam" by pressing the button a few seconds in advance of the cooldown/gcd/etc so that it fires ASAP, however if you have the patience that macro would likely be the way to go.

I was watching Landsoul's stream earlier tonight as BL full cleared SoO and I noticed that he does not use Bladestorm for single target fights. When he was questioned on it by the stream he basically said that he felt like DR was easier to line up and maximize while Bladestorm HAD to be maximized for it to be more effective than DR. Any thoughts on Landsoul's view by the warrior think tank members?

Quote Originally Posted by Keensteel View Post
    I was watching Landsoul's stream earlier tonight as BL full cleared SoO and I noticed that he does not use Bladestorm for single target fights. When he was questioned on it by the stream he basically said that he felt like DR was easier to line up and maximize while Bladestorm HAD to be maximized for it to be more effective than DR. Any thoughts on Landsoul's view by the warrior think tank members?
    Well he isn't entirely wrong. Dragon Roar IS easier to do. That doesn't make it better.

When your in the middle of mindless farm, some people want to use the time to compete with themselves and others, while others want to just get through it with as little thought as possible.
    A lot of players in guilds like BL only really care for the progression race. Outside of it, a lot of them just go in and get it over with, same way a lot of players use raids as their own personal drinking game!

The take away, is don't get caught up when any one individual goes against the grain, even if it is a rather well known person. There is always a reason, whether it is for an experiment, a strat specific reason, or in this case, just plain laziness during farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    same way a lot of players use raids as their own personal drinking game!
    Aren't we supposed to drink every wipe during progression? It's an easy way to increase your personal enrage uptime

Quote Originally Posted by Keensteel View Post
    Just adding to what Arch said. The difference in damage on pure single target fights is actually quite low, so on Iron Juggernaut (if you can avoid hitting the mines) its not that big of a deal. On any fight where you will hit multiple targets though, the damage done to your "MAIN" target is much higher with Bladestorm (and obviously overall damage as well, since you are AOE'ing). The difficulty of using Bladestorm on single target lies in cancelling it when enrage runs out, that should not be a major challenge for any top end raider

I like BS more in general but I feel that I use it way too little for single target as its not so easy (for me at least) to weave into my rotation. Its fine tracking the duration and stopping when enrage falls off/BT is off cd but it just kind of feels weird.

Can't you fit in 5 heroic strikes during csmash? I always see people saying 4 gcd abilities (some people saying 3 that dont realize csmash tooltip is not accurate) and 4 heroic strikes, but I'm pretty sure you fit in 5 heroic strikes in there as long as you hit heroic strike basically right after your csmash with a small fraction of a second delay.

Deleted
    Anyone bothered with shockwave from a dps PoV again after the rise of bladestorm, especially for SMF? With the CDR trinket it's cooldown is only 7 seconds after hitting three targets.

Possible uses:
    protectors (if tanked together)
    galakras
    spoils
    garrosh (high utility for sure & i could use it 2, sometimes 3 times on the later add waves)

Sadly i'm not sure how to sim the trinket and it's impact. Going from 40 to 27 seconds is one thing, but to 7 seconds with a rage free rather hard hitting ability sounds nice on paper.
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2014-04-01 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    Anyone bothered with shockwave from a dps PoV again after the rise of bladestorm, especially for SMF? With the CDR trinket it's cooldown is only 7 seconds after hitting three targets.

Possible uses:
    protectors (if tanked together)
    galakras
    spoils
    garrosh (high utility for sure & i could use it 2, sometimes 3 times on the later add waves)

Sadly i'm not sure how to sim the trinket and it's impact. Going from 40 to 27 seconds is one thing, but to 7 seconds with a rage free rather hard hitting ability sounds nice on paper.
    What you forget is the opportunity cost, using shockwave means you're not using something else in that GCD. Shockwave is terrible for DPS purposes, since you will for the most part be using it instead of Raging Blows. So not only are you missing out on Bladestorms very high AOE damage (which is far far greater than shockwave) but you also lose a potential RB attack every 7 seconds.

I just got a second Xal'atoh last night and switched back to Fury from Arms for offspec. I'm trying to figure out how our rotation is supposed to change with trinket procs. I'm used to DPS on my lock where I can pool resources for procs and then unleash it all, but it doesn't seem like that is how we handle things. Is it basically the same rotation for DPS warriors regardless of whether your procs are up or not?

Deleted
    As fury skill usage is pretty determined by availability, you use bt on cd and you pool rbs for cs because it's free (unless you have to move out of range or something).

Quote Originally Posted by trident00 View Post
    I just got a second Xal'atoh last night and switched back to Fury from Arms for offspec. I'm trying to figure out how our rotation is supposed to change with trinket procs. I'm used to DPS on my lock where I can pool resources for procs and then unleash it all, but it doesn't seem like that is how we handle things. Is it basically the same rotation for DPS warriors regardless of whether your procs are up or not?
    As Fury the only thing you can do is save CDs for trinket procs, so if recklessness is coming off cooldown and you know your ICD trinket will proc withing 5-10 seconds, you wait and make sure to stack those CDs with a CS when the trinket procs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliria View Post
    What you forget is the opportunity cost, using shockwave means you're not using something else in that GCD. Shockwave is terrible for DPS purposes, since you will for the most part be using it instead of Raging Blows. So not only are you missing out on Bladestorms very high AOE damage (which is far far greater than shockwave) but you also lose a potential RB attack every 7 seconds.
    Fair enough. But what's with the opportunity cost for bladestorm? You also spent 9 seconds every other minute whirling around (that's 1.5 times thanks to cdr trinket) and not gaining any stacks. How much harder hits bladestorm compared to shockwave, especially for SMF (i'd imagine it's a nobrainer for TG)?

Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    Fair enough. But what's with the opportunity cost for bladestorm? You also spent 9 seconds every other minute whirling around (that's 1.5 times thanks to cdr trinket) and not gaining any stacks. How much harder hits bladestorm compared to shockwave, especially for SMF (i'd imagine it's a nobrainer for TG)?
    Very little actually, its 6 seconds; which when used correctly only pushes back the GCD of Bloodthirst slightly, and you continue to auto attack and gain rage while Bladestorming, so it comes out rage positive, as long as you are not messing with your CS to do it. Obviously for specificly timed AoE (Garrosh Mind Controls), you should plan your CS around it and delay as necessary.
    Bladestorm is one of the highest burst AoE damage in the game outside of long cooldowns (Ascendance).

The only way I can believe Shockwave being better than Bladestorm is if you really need the stun and cant get it elsewhere (unlikely) or for some reason, you had to AoE every 10 seconds or so, even then I think Meat Cleave could very well be a better way to go, would need to test, and its an unlikely scenario.