Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    No they are not. Roles make a ROLE playing game.

This is why GW2 fell so flat on it's face.
    That game's attempt at big bosses which was "Zerg,die,res,zerg,die,res" was probably the least fun I've had in a game in the last 10years.

TESO seems to be making the same kind of mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    That game's attempt at big bosses which was "Zerg,die,res,zerg,die,res" was probably the least fun I've had in a game in the last 10years.

That sounds pretty much exactly what Blizzard have been doing with the Celestials and all the other world bosses, and scenarios.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like the trinity, first thing I played MMO-wise was Ultima and any class would do anything. I mean, usually you would have a tamer tanking (their pet at least), but so often I would tank on my bushido/chiv/archer just cuz he was decked out so well and people knew people, so we'd all pull bars and cross heal each other with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyllian View Post
    That sounds pretty much exactly what Blizzard have been doing with the Celestials and all the other world bosses, and scenarios.
    Scenarios, yes.
    Celestials - to a point. I guess that a DPS can tank a celestial for a short while with self-healing.
    Ordos, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post

And MMOs devolve into Second Life with a High Fantasy setting.