Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I can't wait till its exotic only and I'm pissed cause i gotta be BM
    Well....the hydra family is already in the game and was given to the current "bugged" hydras, it can be used by all specs!

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I want a deer....
    I want a rideable deer pet. Don't question it, just.. think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    On Twitter, yes it was more than heavily implied that Chimaeron would become tameable as well.
    I believe it was suggested that if hunters could solo kill a boss, then it was more likely to be tameable. Along with a request for videos of hunters killing Chimaeron. I think it's pretty certain hydras will be pets, but much less certain Chimaeron will be tameable (even if solo-able). Especially if blizzard nerfs bosses in old expansions to specifically make them soloable.

As cool as it would be for Megaera to be tameable, that's never going to happen because the model is just heads. But imagine doing a BG and all of a sudden three giant heads pop up from below a bridge.
    Last edited by Gwiez; 2014-03-30 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    stop this special snowflake attitude please, i have the grimtotem spirit guide but i don't care about karoma in the slightest, they are not the same. can you summon karoma as sv ? no.

ot, i welcome this change. now give us the ability to tame ALL beasts please.
    That would mean no more gimmicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    stop this special snowflake attitude please, i have the grimtotem spirit guide but i don't care about karoma in the slightest, they are not the same. can you summon karoma as sv ? no.

ot, i welcome this change. now give us the ability to tame ALL beasts please.
    That's part of the appeal of games in general, and MMO's specifically. Having things others can't, or doing things others can't. PvP competition, ranking high up when others cant. Raiding, killing bosses when others can't. Hunter, having a pet you can't have. Its kind of like the ZG tiger, I farmed that for god knows how long and it never dropped and it was removed sucks but oh well. Do I want it re-added in just because I missed out? No that would take away from the others that have it even though its hands down my favorite mount in the game beaten only by the AQ bug. I'll admit I have an elitist attitude, but re-adding in things that were once removed takes away the feeling of acquiring said item/pet/mount/rank what ever it maybe. Rarity even in real life means a lot, when its something is common as air it loses a lot of its appeal.

I still have the Ooze, but dps is everything so it still wont get used. Back to the old ghost wolf probably. It was just a nice token of hey I've been playing for a long time and a small reward for playing during that period of time. Re-adding it just removed all of that. Flame away, but it's how I feel. Being a special snowflake isn't bad in my eyes, I'd just call it more jealousy on your end.

/e

To further express my point of view lets say the game Path of Exile recently offered the first 50 players who killed Atziri a special skin for their gear. You're logic it would be fine if they just added it back in as a micro-transaction. Now I'll admit its different in the sense that this took skill vs knowledge of the game and the knowledge that it will probably be removed like the Ghost Wolf was but my point stands. Nostalgia of owning it and us hunters that got it was just a fun reward for playing and knowing when to react to keep a pet before it was removed.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    You do realize that there's still no other Ghost Hydras.

To my knowledge Spirit of Atha is still in the game?
    Last edited by Haiatu; 2014-03-31 at 12:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiatu View Post
    It will remain un-tameable, because its a "Spirit", and because it doesn't "fit the flavor of the hunter class".
    I give zero damns about Hydras as a family, and would rather have tameable druids.
    I mean if Swamplord Muselek can manage it, why not me?
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    It will remain un-tameable, because its a "Spirit", and because it doesn't "fit the flavor of the hunter class".
    I give zero damns about Hydras as a family, and would rather have tameable druids.
    I mean if Swamplord Muselek can manage it, why not me?
    I can agree, tameable druids.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can agree, tameable druids.
    I third this vote. Or, ar least, let me tame those bears in Silverpine using the Worgen bear model.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

will it be BM only or?

Deleted
    Damn, about time! Would love to tame a Hydra for sure, sad I missed out the bug in WotLK to get one. Makes me happy. : >

Now I hope we can tame Clefthoofs and Talbuks etc that we seen in Outland, if they exist in WoD too ofc.

Deleted
    Have been waiting for this quite a long time.
    Would really like it if it won't require BM spec to tame this.

That's part of the appeal of games in general, and MMO's specifically. Having things others can't, or doing things others can't. PvP competition, ranking high up when others cant. Raiding, killing bosses when others can't. Hunter, having a pet you can't have. Its kind of like the ZG tiger, I farmed that for god knows how long and it never dropped and it was removed sucks but oh well. Do I want it re-added in just because I missed out? No that would take away from the others that have it even though its hands down my favorite mount in the game beaten only by the AQ bug. I'll admit I have an elitist attitude, but re-adding in things that were once removed takes away the feeling of acquiring said item/pet/mount/rank what ever it maybe. Rarity even in real life means a lot, when its something is common as air it loses a lot of its appeal.

I still have the Ooze, but dps is everything so it still wont get used. Back to the old ghost wolf probably. It was just a nice token of hey I've been playing for a long time and a small reward for playing during that period of time. Re-adding it just removed all of that. Flame away, but it's how I feel. Being a special snowflake isn't bad in my eyes, I'd just call it more jealousy on your end.

/e

To further express my point of view lets say the game Path of Exile recently offered the first 50 players who killed Atziri a special skin for their gear. You're logic it would be fine if they just added it back in as a micro-transaction. Now I'll admit its different in the sense that this took skill vs knowledge of the game and the knowledge that it will probably be removed like the Ghost Wolf was but my point stands. Nostalgia of owning it and us hunters that got it was just a fun reward for playing and knowing when to react to keep a pet before it was removed.

You're making the faulty assumption that, just because people like rarity, everything has to be rare and special, even when it was never designed to be. Blizzard never intended to make the spirits tameable, so you don't really have the right to complain that you got to tame something you weren't supposed to, and that Blizzard took away the special feeling 2 expansions after that by making that untameable pet more available. Besides, if you were smart, you still have the ooze, and I doubt they're gonna make oozes tameable, ever.

If you want special pets, get the pet challenge pets, or browse the Petopia forums. Every few or so patches, an unintended tame slips into the game that they fix a patch later, allowing the hunters that got it to keep it. A good example of that is the Worgen pet, the fire patch pet, the Silithid ant/Aurokk, the three spirits (hydra, croc, ooze), and the two maggots in 5.1. Some of them are removed for good reasons, like the first two. For a few, there will be tameable versions later on, like the Silithid ant, the Hydra, and possibly the maggots, (in the future) and for others there might not ever be another thing like it for normal hunters, like the ooze.

And if you want something rare, raid heroic, which has rewards tailored to making you feel special. Don't demand that Blizzard bends over backwards and alienates a large part of the pet-loving hunter fanbase that has been wanting a Hydra pet for a long time just to make you feel special.

Those are my 2c.

Meh, once they allow me to be a pure range class with a bow (because there is no other archer class) pets will be a thing of the past to me. Dumb A.I. over the years have lost my interest in pets. They still bug out on bosses after 10 years and do stupid stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by The Grid View Post
    Have been waiting for this quite a long time.
    Would really like it if it won't require BM spec to tame this.
    Honestly with such a blunt and open tweet preview, I highly doubt it would be an update or sneak-peak for ONLY BM hunters, but who knows! I wonder what new beast families will be coming up as well as Hydras in Warlords, we all know Hydras are just the first step =D!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter give us X buff please?

Too bad, you have Hydra buff, deal with it!!!

Not that excited tbh. Think a lot of people will use them for a few weeks then just abandon them in stables. I mean how often do you see people using Jormungar's, rhino's etc ? Very rarely. Once the novelty wears off Hydra's will be no different unless they provide some amazing utility.

For them to interest me they need to make them a pain to get due to rarity like the WOTLK rare pets or give us some interesting taming challenges along the lines of the Catacylsm Molten front rare pets.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2014-03-31 at 01:11 PM.

Nifty, but I hope to god it doesn't have that constant noise like the crocolisk did.

It's pretty cool that hydras will be tamable, hopefully they give a cool raid buff so it'll actually be useful. I'm pretty sure it will be BM only though sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Not that excited tbh. Think a lot of people will use them for a few weeks then just abandon them in stables. I mean how often do you see people using Jormungar's, rhino's etc ? Very rarely. Once the novelty wears off Hydra's will be no different unless they provide some amazing utility.

For them to interest me they need to make them a pain to get due to rarity like the WOTLK rare pets or give us some interesting taming challenges along the lines of the Catacylsm Molten front rare pets.

If someone likes a pet enough, they'll keep using it solely because hunters need to have a pet for optimal play. If you don't like pets but Hydra are your thing, you'll still use the Hydra more than whatever else you got. Of course you can choose to play petless in WoD, but you know what I mean.

Also, those kinds of pets are added constantly, but that doesn't mean every pet has to be a challenge tame or rare. That's just stupid. Plus.. the "rarest" pets are the least unique. Everyone and his mom runs around with Loque. Have yet to see more than 4 people use the Aurokk/Silithid Ant model.

10+ Year Old Account
    who cares if it's Exotic, i thought all the SV/MM hunters out there hated having pets and just want to take the With or Without you: Lone Wolf talent anyway....?
    #HyperbolicStrawmanning

anyway, i am glad, very glad. looks like there will be some interesting new skins, i wonder if they reanimated the hydra... i remember i think way back some dev saying that hydras had not been made into pets for so long because they didn't have proper animations for several pet abilties (e.g. charge) and they had never had never got around to the revising and adding onto the hydra's animation repertoire.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    (snip)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    If someone likes a pet enough, they'll keep using it solely because hunters need to have a pet for optimal play. If you don't like pets but Hydra are your thing, you'll still use the Hydra more than whatever else you got. Of course you can choose to play petless in WoD, but you know what I mean.
    (snip)
    Plus.. the "rarest" pets are the least unique. Everyone and his mom runs around with Loque. Have yet to see more than 4 people use the Aurokk/Silithid Ant model.
    They day we will have truly won is the day when we can swap pet special abilities between pets. so that what a pet looks like and what raid buff or utility spell it brings to the table will be decoupled, like a new version of the old teaching pets mechanic.

Then i could have my most favored green Beetle bring the Melee/Ranged haste buff instead of the useless (to group play) damage reducing cooldown.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!