Poll: Do you approve of the Censor of Eternal Agony?

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Censor of Eternal Agony: Do you Approve of this Item?

The Censor of Eternal Agony is an item that you can get from the Timeless Isle that allows you to attack your own faction while on the Isle. Essentially it allows you to faster collect Bloody Coins.

What do you think of this item?

Do you approve of this item, and would you like Blizzard to add similar items to the game in future content / expansions?

In "Rift", there was an option by which you could make the game treat PvP-flagged characters as non-targets, essentially, so you couldn't flag yourself with AOE or a careless tab during one of their zone wide events. The Censor is fine, but Blizzard should give the rest of us who flat out can't be arsed for pvp the option Trion provided.

Could that effectively render the Censor meaningless on a PvE server? Yes, as a matter of fact it could. So what?

No I don't approve, I did not roll on a PvP server to fight my own faction, if I knew I would have gone PvE.

One of the best items in the wow history. With Censor of Eternal Agony i feel like i'm a real Navi Seal Sea is my home and fortress and i'm invincible!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's fine. It's a non-issue on pve servers and on pvp servers, well... it's a pvp server.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Deleted
    I'm fine with it, but it should make you visible the whole time, else rogues and druids are having an easy time

Quote Originally Posted by Cylom View Post
    I'm fine with it, but it should make you visible the whole time, else rogues and druids are having an easy time
    That would completely gimp rogues as a class on the Isle, especially Subtlety rogues who require stealth much more so than the other two.

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    It's fine. It's a non-issue on pve servers and on pvp servers, well... it's a pvp server.
    Yeah, but when i signed up on a PvP server, i never thought i'd have to worry about my own faction ganking me.

Honestly, i don't like them, but i think they work in small locations like Timeless Isle. I think it would be a messed up thing to have in the main content though.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    All ducks can now drop items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    In "Rift", there was an option by which you could make the game treat PvP-flagged characters as non-targets, essentially, so you couldn't flag yourself with AOE or a careless tab during one of their zone wide events. The Censor is fine, but Blizzard should give the rest of us who flat out can't be arsed for pvp the option Trion provided.

Could that effectively render the Censor meaningless on a PvE server? Yes, as a matter of fact it could. So what?
    Aoe will not flag you. The exception being cleaves. Although that may have been fixed by now. Regardless they are supposed to add exactly what you are talking about in WoD.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...838?page=9#161

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by freakyduck View Post
    Yeah, but when i signed up on a PvP server, i never thought i'd have to worry about my own faction ganking me.

Honestly, i don't like them, but i think they work in small locations like Timeless Isle. I think it would be a messed up thing to have in the main content though.
    What difference does it make what faction they are?
    Last edited by leaks; 2014-04-01 at 05:42 PM.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Deleted
    I think most people who use it are scum.

Then again I have a great time killing them on the isle, so its kinda in between I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by freakyduck View Post
    In all honesty I'd say most servers deserve this kind of treatment. Look at all the high population PvP severs: Illidan, Mal'Ganis, Kel'Thuzad, Tichondrius, etc. They're all incredibly one-sided faction wise, there is no prestige or difficulty in rolling on the dominant faction on these servers. As an Alliance resident of Mal'Ganis... the odds of running into one of us are so incredibly low that we might as well not be there at all.

There was nothing wrong with it. It wasn't like it was available acrossed all content, just one isle. if you didn't like it you didn't have to go there. There was absolutely nothing you can gain from the isle that you cannot achieve somewhere else aside from achievements. If you wanted the easy gear, you are risking PVP encounter, if you wanted to farm those burdens to improve the gear, risk PVP. If you wanted to complete the isle accomplishments, risk PVP. If you wanted to do Ordos, risk PVP or find a warlock.

Censor needs to return, it finally made the game worth playing, and I never even used it. It was fun to just see the people whine honestly. Went through many bags of popcorn.

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Aoe will not flag you. The exception being cleaves. Although they may have been fixed by now. Regardless they are supposed to add exactly what you are talking about in WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

What difference does it make what faction they are?
    At least when it's the opposite faction i don't have to hear them gloat about killing me after they've ambushed me while i'm fighting mobs. Thanks to this ridiculous token, i have to listen to them "brag" how "leet" they are cause they killed me. Makes for a real fun playing environment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by silvercentric View Post
    In all honesty I'd say most servers deserve this kind of treatment. Look at all the high population PvP severs: Illidan, Mal'Ganis, Kel'Thuzad, Tichondrius, etc. They're all incredibly one-sided faction wise, there is no prestige or difficulty in rolling on the dominant faction on these servers. As an Alliance resident of Mal'Ganis... the odds of running into one of us are so incredibly low that we might as well not be there at all.
    Has turned into that on my server as well. We got merged with two Horde High pop servers and we're severely outnumbered on Alliance.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    All ducks can now drop items.

10+ Year Old Account
    *sighs* You know, Jaylock, you would have made this a much better discussion subject if you had thought about your poll a little.

I for one love the fact the item is in the game, gives a new change into some old mechanics. Though, hate people using it on people who try to do the world boss.

I would advise for a better poll next time..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

-I don't like the killing your own faction.
    -I don't like the killing players of your own faction who are already debuffed so no coin. If they were alliance you would at the least get some honor points, but they aren't so you don't get a coin because they are debuffed and you don't get honor because they are the same faction as you.
    -I don't like the killing debuffed players in general.
    -I don't like that you can group up with other people who also have it. The tooltip says hostile to all players, not hostile to all players who aren't affected by the censer. Only the person who dealt the killing blow gets the coin anyway so grouping up lowers your chances of getting a coin. Especially if you are grouped with a DOT class like a Priest.

You want your bloody coins for your pet, mount and title, sure fine go get them. There is no need to be an asshole about it.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

When I'm pink, I only kill people of my faction after I've gotten permission from them. Others don't, and while I do get frustrated if jumped by them, I don't get POed unless I already have the debuff. Because then they're just griefing. Of course, when I'm the prey, I either try to kill them first, escape, or make myself look like an unattractive target. If the Island is really lousy with pinkies, I just do something else for a while or offer a free coin to someone of my faction who isn't harassing us.

FFA PvP is ok now and again. As for adding something like it in the future, I don't think it should be that frequent, or follow the same formula. Or as widespread as the pre-wrath event. I loved it, both when it was a challenge to stay safe, and when we'd passed the point of no return it was fun to run around 'RPing' eating brains. But I know others who despised it because of how ubiquitous it was, because they only had X amount of time to get on and play and it was interrupted by the event.

So yes, I approve of the item. But no, I don't think they should add anything too similar. FFA PvP sometime, but not to grind coins for a mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally love it.

-It provides the best world PvP experience since TM v. SS
    -It provides world PvP for those of us who have seen nearly the entirety of the opposing faction leave the server or quit.
    -It forces players to interact with one another (Be it for coin groups, or anti-coin farmer groups).
    -It's fun and not an issue for those who don't like PvP (I mean, they should be on PvE servers anyway)
    -It rewarded those who enjoy WPvP (Title+Mount)

Honestly one of the best additions to this game in my honest opinion, and I hope we see more.

It's lol-tastic that people who carefully play on a very faction-imbalanced PvP server are now forced to PvP again.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I think it should work so that only people who are under the effect of it can kill, or be killed. This makes it more fair, as it is a high risk to use it as you will be targetted, but if you are skilled enough you will get the kills, and therefore the coins. This makes it much harder than killing low geared alts, so the required coins needed for the mount, pets etc should all be reduced. It would be proper PvP rather than a ganking fest

I think censor is stupid as hell. People claim it's some form of amazing world PvP, but it's really just groups of top-end PvE geared characters running around and one shotting new and undergeared players. If Blizz wants to incorporate more world PvP, I suggest a much more even playing field. Down-scaling ilvl or scaling up low ilvl might work, but those solutions are too boring.